Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Crashes to $100 BTC-E  (Read 3774 times)
MikeyVeez (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:23:13 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 05:40:37 PM by MikeyVeez

Well bitcoin crashed around 80% today from $600 to $100 dollars on BTC-E. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-10/bitcoin-flash-crashes-drops-80-seconds

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

Wow, that's crazy.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Tzakato

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:30:34 PM

Somebody seriously panicked there. From 600 to 100 and back in minutes? Wow. That's just dumb.
MikeyVeez (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:38:49 PM

It wasn't a small order either it was a block about about 6000BTC

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 05:50:09 PM

Stop panicking on every single piece of 'bad' news.
The dump was over 10,000 BTC, the price recovered within a minute or two.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
crypto2k

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:59:07 PM

Well bitcoin crashed around 80% today from $600 to $100 dollars on BTC-E. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-10/bitcoin-flash-crashes-drops-80-seconds

No, its still in the $600 range.  Angry
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

No, its still in the $600 range.  Angry
Obviously the price instantly shot back up to $600+ .

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:08:04 PM

i guess my evil block erupters are worthless
who wants a keychain for 1bux
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:09:49 PM

That is just crazy.
MikeyVeez (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:11:46 PM

$250ish, $100, and than $30 are supports, but given that it went to $100 expect it's price to go there this time. Especially once it starts hitting these lower prices of $500, $400, everyone will just panic more.

BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

My prediction was right.. ahem.. see spectating forum

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
MikeyVeez (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:16:30 PM

as was mine, or anybody with a 1/4 of a brain. This is the reason why Bitcoin will never succeed beyond a small amount of users globally, hey merchant you have lost 40% of your value in about a month? How do you feel? Ohh you want to use Bitcoin? That's great lol.

With Ripple, Apples own future money, eMunie, and good old digital government coins when they come on, Bitcoin is dead, hopefully when it hits $100 there is 1 more good rally left in her before she dies.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 07:17:31 PM

You were lucky, that is all.

as was mine, or anybody with a 1/4 of a brain. This is the reason why Bitcoin will never succeed beyond a small amount of users globally, hey merchant you have lost 40% of your value in about a month? How do you feel? Ohh you want to use Bitcoin? That's great lol.

With Ripple, Apples own future money, eMunie, and good old digital government coins when they come on, Bitcoin is dead, hopefully when it hits $100 there is 1 more good rally left in her before she dies.
eMunie is a proven scam.  Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:52:38 PM

Hahahahaha.  Grin

We are only in the beginning stages of Bitcoin as a currency.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

Merchants convert to fiat at time of sale, so this doesn't really apply.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:24:36 PM

Whoever that was just lost a whole bunch of money...

And someone bought a bunch at a bargain  Cheesy

lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:31:26 AM

Lol, I want a confession from someone! Who did it? Cheesy
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:39:38 AM

That crash made some lucky suckers millionaires.
miketonic

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:54:21 AM

That crash made some lucky suckers millionaires.
And some sucker lost a lot of money by dumping shitload of BTC at once..  Cheesy
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:58:18 AM

So what exactly happened there? Did someone mean to sell at 702 but mistakenly pressed the 1 key thinking that it was the 7 and never caught their mistake?

When I type of my surface pro the key are reversed with the 7 on the bottom and the one on top. And when entering key on occasion I make a mistake. (Never when sending money since I quadruple check).

If it was a mistake and it really was 6,000 Bitcoins, I really feel bad for the person.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
miketonic

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:02:01 AM

So what exactly happened there? Did someone mean to sell at 702 but mistakenly pressed the 1 key thinking that it was the 7 and never caught their mistake?

When I type of my surface pro the key are reversed with the 7 on the bottom and the one on top. And when entering key on occasion I make a mistake. (Never when sending money since I quadruple check).

If it was a mistake and it really was 6,000 Bitcoins, I really feel bad for the person.
I think someone just made a huge sell order without price limit. That way the price goes as low as it needs to get buyers for 6 000 BTC instantly
j23a

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:07:12 AM

I think someone just made a huge sell order without price limit. That way the price goes as low as it needs to get buyers for 6 000 BTC instantly

I'm new to all of this. So that mean he didn't lose all those Bitcoins for $102 each then.

miketonic

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:12:24 AM

I'm new to all of this. So that mean he didn't lose all those Bitcoins for $102 each then.
No. If you look at some exchange you see that there are buy and sell orders. When someone makes a sell order without price limit, the exchange will start selling those coins fulfilling active buy orders and will continue doing so until all the coins are sold. If there had been for example a large buy order in 300 $, the sell order would have been fulfilled there and the "crash" would have been a lot smaller.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:13:31 AM

That's right, you can't just sell everything at a very low price, it will catch every buy order on the way down, which was thousands. It only touched 102 because that's where every standing buy order was sitting, it sucked up a lot of cheap buys. Great deals for those who were awake in the middle of the night, I'm just annoyed I turned off my big buy order at 200 a few weeks ago because btc-e locks up your money when you do that!
j23a

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:30:36 AM

That's right, you can't just sell everything at a very low price, it will catch every buy order on the way down, which was thousands. It only touched 102 because that's where every standing buy order was sitting, it sucked up a lot of cheap buys. Great deals for those who were awake in the middle of the night, I'm just annoyed I turned off my big buy order at 200 a few weeks ago because btc-e locks up your money when you do that!

Ok thanks.

PickNic

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:44:19 AM

how many btc has been sold on btc-e at 100$? that's crazy...
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:24:00 PM

how many btc has been sold on btc-e at 100$? that's crazy...

It is quite crazy! It happens once in a while on every market; I would guess that at least a few hundreds were sold at less than 200$

CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:02:08 PM

Most merchants use bitcoin as a payment network, not as a currency.
Which means they have their prices in $, they get paid in bitcoin by using service like bitpay, but they instantly get back $
they don't even touch a bitcoin

so your argument is invalid, sorry
pietje

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:04:03 PM

It was an amazing oppurtunity to make alot of money in like 5 minutes.
Sadly i missed it..
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:15:45 PM

Most merchants use bitcoin as a payment network, not as a currency.
Which means they have their prices in $, they get paid in bitcoin by using service like bitpay, but they instantly get back $
they don't even touch a bitcoin

so your argument is invalid, sorry

People are looking to replace FIAT not complement it. Sorry but your argument is invalid and void.

stacking coin
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:45:42 PM

Your prediction was
...we will see btc to under $100 by friday...

$102 is not under $100. Sorry asshole.

Edit: the dump happened on BTC-e only. Probably the Russians cashing out in light of recent events.
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

People are looking to replace FIAT not complement it. Sorry but your argument is invalid and void.

BitCoin people want BitCoin to replace fiat. People selling sandwiches and beer need fiat to pay their suppliers, staff, and taxes with. They use a payment processor to handle their BitCoin payments and they only ever touch fiat.
robbcarpdm

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:13:25 AM

Judging by these posts most are too young to be seasoned traders.

Chart showed a break of trend support level of tested support was 600 needs to close the time period over that amount and t did.

Now the world of Algos someone was smart and triggerd stop losses with sell orders....this intern takes out the other algos who shut off on the vix ......the group who pulled it did so at a very low liquidity time period

Market order begets mkt order and it cascades and the instigators make a killing sucking up the market sells on the way down only to run it right  back up

Please see flash crashes in the market on a weekly basis.

Its not nice but its legal.....and as you can see it works

Actually depending on the group they could have purchased on way down selling via arbitrage on another exchange

Have to give them credit it was well planned and perfectly executed
johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:11:00 PM

Missed the opportunity... aww
Zebra-Cakes

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:04:42 AM

$250ish, $100, and than $30 are supports, but given that it went to $100 expect it's price to go there this time. Especially once it starts hitting these lower prices of $500, $400, everyone will just panic more.

I hope they do so I can buy up all those cheap coin store them offline then into my safe wait 5 years be a multimillion air
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: