Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2017, 03:32:26 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 1657 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2475193 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ournem

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:22:07 PM

* 100% original codebase *
* XEM is the currency of the NEM platform *

Important Links
Website | Tutorials | Forum | Faucet | NEM Flash News | NEM Apostile | Mijin  

Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | YouTube | Weibo | BTC38 | Telegram

Exchanges
Poloniex | Bittrex | BTER | BTC38 | Bitcoin.co.id | Changelly | Zaif

Developer Resources
Source Code | NIS API Documentation | NCC API Documentation | Technical Reference | Development Contract | NEM Drive | Catapult White Paper | Apostille White Paper | C# Wrapper | NodeJS 2 NEM

Developer Tutorials
NEM Development 101, Ep. 1 | NEM Development 101, Ep. 2 | RB2's NEM Programming Guide | RB2's NEM Docker | NEM Samples | 2017 Links

Tools
Nembex - Block Explorer/Node Monitor | Block Explorer/Rich list | Node Explorer - Node Explorer/Node Monitor |  
NEMnodes.org - Interactive Node Map/Resource Links | Testnet Explorer

Recent Updates
- Please update to version 0.6.82 or later.  
- NEM and Mijin launch partnership.  Catapult is getting loaded to fire

Specifications
Consensus Mechanism: Proof-of-Importance
Genesis Date: March 31st, 2015
Block Time: 1 minute
Available/Total Supply: 8,999,999,999 XEM
Block Reward: N/A (transaction fees only + node rewards)

Client
You can download the NEM software at nem.io.

What is NEM?
NEM is a peer-to-peer crypto platform. It is written in Java and JavaScript with 100% original source code. NEM has a stated goal of a wide distribution model and has introduced new features in blockchain technology in its proof-of-importance (POI) algorithm. NEM also features an integrated P2P secure and encrypted messaging system, multisignature accounts and an Eigentrust++ reputation system.

NEM has gone through extensive open alpha testing starting June 25, 2014, followed by lengthy and comprehensive beta testing starting on October 20, 2014. NEM finally launched on March 31, 2015.

Watch our introductory video:

Features
- NEM is built 100% from scratch (not a fork of any existing project)
- NEM is built with test-driven development
- NEM uses innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm: first reputation based blockchain algorithm
- NEM has customizable assets called Mosaics. Editable supply, levies, description, transferabillity and more.
- NEM has Namespaces to help maintain reputation of Mosaics
- NEM improves different features of POW and POS coins, being more efficient and environmentally friendly
- NEM one minute average block times
- NEM is the first crypto with delegated harvesting
- NEM is the first with localized spam protection
- NEM is the first with Eigentrust++ peer reputation management
- NEM is the first editable m-of-n multisig with blockchain based alerts
- NEM is the first every P2P network with nodes time syncing in a decentralized manner
- NEM offers encrypted, unencrypted and hex messaging
- NEM is easy to install with a one click installer
- NEM zero monetary inflation (fixed supply, all 9 billion coins released at launch).
- NEM relatively large egalitarian distribution
- NEM will offer a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android (coming soon)

What is POI?
POI is the consensus algorithm used in NEM to determine who will calculate the next block. An account's importance is determined by how many coins it contains and the number of transactions made to and from that account. POI is different from other initiatives which use a fee-sharing model that does not take into consideration one's overall support of the network. In some proof-of-stake systems a person only needs to have large amounts of coins to form a block; however, in NEM the transaction amount as well as support of the network become a factor. This has been designed to encourage users of NEM to not simply hold NEM but instead actively carry out transactions within the NEM ecosystem.

Roadmap to V1

- Completion of all the features in the existing wallet
- Coloured Coins
- Business Rules (a.k.a. Smart Contracts)
- Decentralized Asset Exchange
- Integration of multisignature into the AE and Business Rules
- Snapshotting for quick syncing of nodes

Need Help?
Please visit our FAQs.
Or take a look at our tutorials.

Starter NEM Tutorials
Import a Private Key & Access Your NEM stake
NEM Quick Start Guide. Running the Wallet Without Syncing a Chain

Installation Tutorials
Windows/Mac Installation Guide
Windows Installation Guide (standalone)
Mac Installation Guide (standalone)
Ubuntu Installation Guide (standalone)
How to Install Java 8 (64 bit) on Windows
How to Install Java 8 (64 bit) on Windows

Misc Tutorials
How to Find, Export or Delete Your Wallet and Address Book File
How to Remove Old NEM Software Versions
How to Delete Your Local Copy of the Blockchain
How to Import the Database File Provided by Developers

Advanced Features Help
How Local and Delegated Harvesting Works]
How to Connect to a Remote Server
How to Use Multi-signature Accounts
How to Use Delegated Harvesting
How to Make Your Node Name Appear in Color on the NEM Block Explorer
Easy Configuration Guide (opening port 7890)

Developers
NEM Development 101, Ep. 1, Java, Git, Maven, NEM.Core
NEM Development 101, Ep. 2, Idea IntelliJ + NEM.Core = Vanity Gen
RB2's NEM Programming Guide
RB2's NEM Docker
Azure Quickstart Templates
NEM Samples
NIS API's
NCC API's
QM's Using NCC API's to Secure Multisignature Funds and User Transactions
Setting up the NEM Testnet
NEM Technical Reference and White Paper

NEM Core Developers
- Jaguar0625
- BloodyRookie
- Gimre

NEM Core Marketers

- Rockethead
- Kodtycoon
- Jabo38
- Mixmaster
- Ronel

NEM News
Coindesk, Mijin, a Permissioned Blockchain Platform, Plans to Reduce the Cost of the Banking System by up to 1,000% by the End of 2018
Let's Talk Bitcoin #247, Understanding the New Economy Movement
Coin Telegraph, Proof-of-Importance: How NEM is Going to Add Reputations to the Blockchain
Coin Telegraph, NEM Launches, Targets Old Economy with Proof-of-Importance
Coin Telegraph, Altcoin Digest: 10 Coins That Can’t Be Neglected
Bitcoinist, NEM: New Economy Movement
The Merkle, NEM: New Economy Movement
Yahoo Press Report, Cryptocurrency NEM Gears Up To Change How Trade, Commerce And Finance Is Transacted
Motherboard, This Cryptocurrency Doesn't Want to Beat Bitcoin, It Wants to Beat the Economy
Crypto.direct, NEM OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED
News Wire Press Release, Bitcoin Alternative NEM (XEM) Officially Launches with 100% Original Codebase Cryptocurrency
Allcoinsnews, NEM Q&A – Original, Tested Blockchain Platform, Proof-of-Importance, “Change the World, Forever” Tech
Coin Telegraph, NEM: ‘Right Now We Have the Best Designed Blockchain Platform in Existence’

Extra Links
Wikipedia
Coin Gecko
Coinmarketcap
CryptoCoin Charts
Paper Wallet and Vanity Generator Programs
Nembex Testnet
Community Fund Proposal
Node Rewards Proposal

How to get Involved
If you would like to contribute to the development of NEM, please contact the team via the NEM Forum or join Telegram.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BloodyRookie

Activity: 676

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:27:23 PM

Finally a thread without people who misunderstand the concept of free speech Smiley

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:29:17 PM

Finally a thread without people who misunderstand the concept of free speech Smiley

I know. The trolling was really really getting tiresome.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

I am not in favour of self-moderation.

The unmoderated thread still exists.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
xtester

Activity: 728

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:31:40 PM

We were not in favor of it either until it was too much.

I will post my previous post again. Here are the reasons for the moderated thread:

I am 100% for free speech, however, free speech does not entail trolling. I'm afraid people misunderstand this because they also misunderstand what freedom means. Freedom entails some kind of self-imposed limitations. We are free in so far as we don't intentionally harm our neighbor. We simply cannot enter someone's house and kill them or destroy their home and claim we have done it in the name of our freedom. We are not free to do such things and if we do them we have to pay a big price for that. Similarly, with free speech, we are free to express our opinions and thoughts, even disagree and criticize whatever we want but that freedom becomes the seed of destruction when in the name of free speech we allow people to deliberately and intentionally troll and destroy our hard work(without paying any price).

This is not freedom, it looks more like madness and there seems to be a great incentive on the internet for people to do that, because at least for now, they don't have to pay any price for their deeds however dreadful they may be. I am not interested in political correctness, I'm only interested in what is right and what is wrong, and allowing trolls to run free in our "home" seems obviously wrong.

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is too dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:31:54 PM

The dawn of chapter 2
The donkey was done, i gave out a goldfish, working on an update.  Smiley

I feel liberated  was most unwise to say how fucked up *** detractors screwed with NEM.

Fatal flaw , to many threads , misinformation
To much bull shit >hyenas using NEM like a bill board spreading the love.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
KingCole

Activity: 331

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:33:50 PM

Exactly! Spot on!

As we have moved to a moderated forum is it worth listing what would cause a post to be deleted? For example criticism is encouraged but lies, mis-quotes, bullying, etc. will result in deletion. The unfortunate step of moving to this type of discussion was down to abuse of a few making any genuine discussion impossible on open forums

KC
xtester

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:35:17 PM

I think once we have cut the troll disease, our community should be able to evolve and bloom again in no time.
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:40:30 PM

I think once we have cut the troll disease, our community should be able to evolve and bloom again in no time.

With luck! Some really good discussion was developing in the previous threads before the troll infestation. Hopefully this thread will be a haven for such discussion once more.

I'll start some light discussion: Should a NEM Mobile app for Android and iOS be a priority for development after completion of the V.1 blockchain?

TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:41:29 PM

seems to be dying down already...

Don't tempt fate...  Wink

xtester

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:49:01 PM

With luck! Some really good discussion was developing in the previous threads before the troll infestation. Hopefully this thread will be a haven for such discussion once more.

I'll start some light discussion: Should a NEM Mobile app for Android and iOS be a priority for development after completion of the V.1 blockchain?

Thanks again TauMuon for the good layout and all.

My short answer is yes.

I cannot elaborate more now, need to focus on fighting the deasease. Smiley
xtester

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:50:02 PM

seems to be dying down already...

Don't tempt fate...  Wink

well the second i clicked into the other thread after posting that.. cfa had posted over there lol

ps. can mods add people that can also delete the obvious troll posts? obviously 1 person cant do it 24/7

We'll need to look that up. Does anybody know already?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:53:08 PM

Just because of the fact that it is moderated, most of the trolls will stay out. No need for 24/7 moderation.

xtester

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:56:29 PM

Just because of the fact that it is moderated, most of the trolls will stay out. No need for 24/7 moderation.

Good point. Anyway, we hope for the best but prepare for the worst. So can someone share rights of a thread?
Thingamajig

Activity: 485

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

We were not in favor of it either until it was too much.

I will post my previous post again. Here are the reasons for the moderated thread:

I am 100% for free speech, however, free speech does not entail trolling. I'm afraid people misunderstand this because they also misunderstand what freedom means. Freedom entails some kind of self-imposed limitations. We are free in so far as we don't intentionally harm our neighbor. We simply cannot enter someone's house and kill them or destroy their home and claim we have done it in the name of our freedom. We are not free to do such things and if we do them we have to pay a big price for that. Similarly, with free speech, we are free to express our opinions and thoughts, even disagree and criticize whatever we want but that freedom becomes the seed of destruction when in the name of free speech we allow people to deliberately and intentionally troll and destroy our hard work(without paying any price).

This is not freedom, it looks more like madness and there seems to be a great incentive on the internet for people to do that, because at least for now, they don't have to pay any price for their deeds however dreadful they may be. I am not interested in political correctness, I'm only interested in what is right and what is wrong, and allowing trolls to run free in our "home" seems obviously wrong.

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is too dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.

Seeing as you reposted this, i'm re-quoting it because i share the sentiment.

Most certainly yes. I'd love to see a NEM wallet on android and other mobile device OS's.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:08:12 PM

Why wait? NEM has a strong community. Once the open alpha releases, the APIs will be made public shortly after. I hope the community can start building on top of NEM at that point while the core team is still focused on the core blockchain features.

NEM - nem.io
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 838

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 10:18:49 PM

I don't think apple will pass any wallet-like app, so only possibility for ios is web wallet

EFFV

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Hey, thanks for getting this started xtester. I added a link to the moderated thread under important links in the non-moderated thread. Should we add a link to the non-moderated thread under important links here also?

Thanks,
EFFV

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:22:05 PM

Why wait? NEM has a strong community. Once the open alpha releases, the APIs will be made public shortly after. I hope the community can start building on top of NEM at that point while the core team is still focused on the core blockchain features.
Thanks Jaguar , POI needs to be explained at some point. I assume PR will give us the details

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
xtester

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:26:01 PM

I don't think apple will pass any wallet-like app, so only possibility for ios is web wallet

@gimre Apple has changed their policy recently and allows bitcoin wallets again:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-wallet-apps-re-enter-ios-store-apples-digital-currency-policy-shift/

It would be great to have a NEM wallet for IOS and Android.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 1657 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.