Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:40:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today, We all saw how weak bitcoin is  (Read 5260 times)
banaltcoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:15:48 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 06:35:26 PM by banaltcoin

A single exchanger effected & played & scammed all bitcoin exchangers, all bitcoin users so much within one single day, how much money on bitcoin has been lost in 24 hours?

Imagine what will happen when BTC-E run away or crashed for whatever reasons?
Imagine what will happen when Bitstamp run away or crashed for whatever reasons?
I am sure these are all going to happen sooner or later,BTC-E & BITSTAMP get caught for Money Laundering is just a time question

A private company so called Bitcoin Foundation, having such a evil man Mark Karpeles being a board member, does control Bitcoin Client QT, Bitcoind still advertising MTGOX, allowing Transaction malleability Bug exist which has been known about since 2011 - https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/

Do you still think Bitcoin will be the world currency?

In case you don't know yet, Mark Karpeles is the ceo of Mtgox and This isn't the first time he hurt us

The Bitcoin Foundation pays Gavin to maintain the reference Bitcoin client.
Peter Vessenes is the Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation, and the Founder of CoinLab.
MtGox (Mark Karpeles) is also a member of the Bitcoin Foundation.
Over the past 18 months or so, Gavin made a lot of changes to the Bitcoin protocol in a relatively short amount of time, including forcing a hard fork.  Many observers noted at the time that this was unwise.
CoinLab and MtGox are involved in some sort of lawsuit involving an agreement to transfer customers from MtGox to CoinLab.
MtGox appears to have been unable to keep up with the changes to the Bitcoin protocol.

Anything inaccurate about this assessment?  I'm trying to maintain a relatively neutral view of the facts, but that's difficult as a Foundation non-member, since the Foundation does everything in secret.  So if anything is mistaken please let me know.

But, beyond just the obvious facts, would anyone like to discuss the obvious clusterfuck of interests going on here?  Should I even mention BitInstant?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458575.msg5059553#msg5059553
silenstorm

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:16:59 PM

Imagine China refusing to use the US dollar. How much will it collapse?
rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

you new?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:18:15 PM

Imagine China refusing to use the US dollar. How much will it collapse?
It would probably crash.
@OP Enough with the FUD spreading already.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

I disagree with your TITLE of this thread.

BITCOIN =/= MTGOX

BITCOIN > MTGOX

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:19:48 PM

Bitcoin is fine. It's the minority of squealing pussies who hold it and the scum who inhabit the ecosystem who are the weak players. They'll get shaken out eventually.
Caiapfas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

A single exchanger played & scammed all bitcoin exchangers, all bitcoin users within one single day, how much money on bitcoin has been lost in 24 hours?

Imagine what will happen when BTC-E run away or crashed for whatever reasons?
Imagine what will happen when Bitstamp run away or crashed for whatever reasons?
I am sure these are all going to happen sooner or later just like TradeHill and Mtgox

A private company so called Bitcoin Foundation, having such a evil man Mark Karpeles being a board member, does control Bitcoin Client QT, Bitcoind.exe still advertising MTGOX, allowing Transaction malleability Bug exist which has been known about since 2011 - https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/

Do you still think Bitcoin will be the world currency?

In case you don't know yet, Mark Karpeles is the ceo of Mtgox

The Bitcoin Foundation pays Gavin to maintain the reference Bitcoin client.
Peter Vessenes is the Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation, and the Founder of CoinLab.
MtGox (Mark Karpeles) is also a member of the Bitcoin Foundation.
Over the past 18 months or so, Gavin made a lot of changes to the Bitcoin protocol in a relatively short amount of time, including forcing a hard fork.  Many observers noted at the time that this was unwise.
CoinLab and MtGox are involved in some sort of lawsuit involving an agreement to transfer customers from MtGox to CoinLab.
MtGox appears to have been unable to keep up with the changes to the Bitcoin protocol.

Anything inaccurate about this assessment?  I'm trying to maintain a relatively neutral view of the facts, but that's difficult as a Foundation non-member, since the Foundation does everything in secret.  So if anything is mistaken please let me know.

But, beyond just the obvious facts, would anyone like to discuss the obvious clusterfuck of interests going on here?  Should I even mention BitInstant?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458575.msg5059553#msg5059553

Never thought bitcoin or any  crypto will be a world currency until the day it offers the same protection as the USD

If you liked my post or found anything I said useful send some coffee change to
BTC = 3LxtsmCjRDPD6oYYwz31dwFJW9ktUy1Yuz
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:21:51 PM

BITCOIN =/= MTGOX

BITCOIN > MTGOX
Random people spreading FUD --> 'sheep' population starts panicking. We don't need FUD, and above all we don't need Gox.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rat

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:24:20 PM

FUD makes me money. be quiet.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:45:54 PM

BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:49:56 PM

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:50:38 PM

OP spreading propaganda

bitcoin has not lost anything.............

for every panic seller there is a buyer who gets cheap coins. it all balances itself out. if anyone feels a crash is bad, that is purely because they sold at a loss and panicked. never sell at a loss.

when a crash happens. you dont sell... you buy, and youbuy as much as you can (without risk) so that you can sell later for profit. why would any normal person sell at a loss.

i do not have a glass half empty mindset
i do not have a glass half full mindset
i do have a glass with something always inside mindset

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:51:46 PM

BITCOIN =/= MTGOX

BITCOIN > MTGOX
Random people spreading FUD --> 'sheep' population starts panicking. We don't need FUD, and above all we don't need Gox.
I agree.

Minefield4

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:55:14 PM

OP spreading propaganda

bitcoin has not lost anything.............

for every panic seller there is a buyer who gets cheap coins. it all balances itself out. if anyone feels a crash is bad, that is purely because they sold at a loss and panicked. never sell at a loss.

when a crash happens. you dont sell... you buy, and youbuy as much as you can (without risk) so that you can sell later for profit. why would any normal person sell at a loss.
Probably people who invested more then they could 'afford' to lose. So rather then lose everything, they choose to just loose most of it...
I expect that is their logic.

Ah well, for some to rise others must fall.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

Ah well, for some to rise others must fall.

but if everyone sold at profit, then those buying in would keep the price going up by eating up the sell wall.. thats my logic.

but the logic of sheep people infuriates me, its like they have all been taught the false rules of trading that banks like to teach.

EG when a bank tells you to buy, its because they already have and they want you to buy their sells.
EG when gold speculators tell you to buy gold, its because their ready to sell

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:01:49 PM

I disagree.
Its one of bitcoins strength that the price reflects the market immidiately, and nobody can change it happening.
In fact, this particular property of bitcoin is the closest you will ever get to devine intervention
Newmine

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:14:40 PM

I disagree.
Its one of bitcoins strength that the price reflects the market immidiately, and nobody can change it happening.
In fact, this particular property of bitcoin is the closest you will ever get to devine intervention

The stock markets do this as well. At least in today's age.
banaltcoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:13:04 AM

things like this will happen again and again until every one gone
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:15:21 AM

I disagree.

The stock markets do this as well. At least in today's age.

Not always.  News after hours isn't reflected immediately.  "Circuit breakers" will halt trading for a "cool off period".  Exchange regulators will often freeze trading if there are unsubstantiated rumors.

Bitcoin markets are probably the closest thing to a "free" market in the world.  That might not last long though but you can tell your grandkids about how you traded when the exchange rate was set solely by supply and demand.
Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

It looks like bitcoin survived today. It could have been much worse. I feel good for tomorrow. Mt GOX needs to go the way of the dinosaurs though.

Bitcoin will be back up over $1200 by summer...if not earlier.

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: