Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A message to the Bitcoin community or Bitcoin Entrepreneurs in particular  (Read 961 times)
armodilloben (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:27:36 PM

Very dear Bitcoin community,

today's incidents have shown us, that we urgently need more solid Bitcoin exchange sites. Centralized trading on few large exchanges bears the risk of exchange rate manipulation through blog posts or credit freezes like we have seen these days. Only with a larger pool of legitimate well-engineered and customer-friendly Bitcoin exchange sites it will be possible to sustain the success of Bitcoin. However, running an exchange site that trades cryptographic currencies is connected to many potential fails. The draglet company from Germany possesses the skills as well as the software to enable cryptographic exchange sites around the world. Have a look at the Bitcoin trading prototype at https://www.draglet.com/en where draglet demonstrates a vision how good cryptogrphic trading sites should work.

To help entrepreneurs open their own exchange sites, draglet offers them to run a cryptographic exchange under their brand and responsability. This includes the technical competence and a reliable and throughougly tested exchange software with a sophisticated frontend and a secure architecture. If you are currently in a situation where you consider starting a crypto exchange site draglet can take the technical part for you. All you need is to provide a way to exchange fiat money with your customers and to comply with your local legal parameters. draglet will help getting you started independent of your business size and country. If you are interested or have any questions you can contact draglet at info@draglet.com.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:03:25 AM

With Mastercoin, BitShares, Ethereum, and other distributed exchange projects that far extend the scope of trading and digital assets as a whole, these scammy, unreliable private exchanges will be going away.

I hate to say it, but Draglet is about to be obsolete.

armodilloben (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:36:28 AM

Well, I do not think (and ofc hope Tongue) that u are right, because

a) a massive branch is being created, a huge economy is getting built up that allows a lot of performers to find their niche
b) even if those new exchange approaches will prospers, there will be enough people that want to the classical style of exchanges

armodilloben (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

Hello there,

we published a small presentation about our services at https://www.draglet.com/en/services .

Also, draglet (represented by me) will be attending following events:

• Bitcoin Meetup in Frankfurt
  • Bitcoinference in Amsterdam
  • Inside Bitcoins in New York
  • Bitcoin Expo 2014 in Toronto

This could be a great opportunity to get in touch, am looking forward to meeting you.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:30:29 AM

With Mastercoin, BitShares, Ethereum, and other distributed exchange projects that far extend the scope of trading and digital assets as a whole, these scammy, unreliable private exchanges will be going away.

I hate to say it, but Draglet is about to be obsolete.

Broken (non-native) English doesn't make someone a scammer.

armodilloben (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:25:50 PM

Is my english that bad? Smiley

Imerman2

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:19:28 PM

Very dear Bitcoin community,

today's incidents have shown us, that we urgently need more solid Bitcoin exchange sites. Centralized trading on few large exchanges bears the risk of exchange rate manipulation through blog posts or credit freezes like we have seen these days. Only with a larger pool of legitimate well-engineered and customer-friendly Bitcoin exchange sites it will be possible to sustain the success of Bitcoin. However, running an exchange site that trades cryptographic currencies is connected to many potential fails. The draglet company from Germany possesses the skills as well as the software to enable cryptographic exchange sites around the world. Have a look at the Bitcoin trading prototype at https://www.draglet.com/en where draglet demonstrates a vision how good cryptogrphic trading sites should work.

To help entrepreneurs open their own exchange sites, draglet offers them to run a cryptographic exchange under their brand and responsability. This includes the technical competence and a reliable and throughougly tested exchange software with a sophisticated frontend and a secure architecture. If you are currently in a situation where you consider starting a crypto exchange site draglet can take the technical part for you. All you need is to provide a way to exchange fiat money with your customers and to comply with your local legal parameters. draglet will help getting you started independent of your business size and country. If you are interested or have any questions you can contact draglet at info@draglet.com.

Bitcoin runs into trouble because there is no responsible party for the code, the question is how do you create market competition so that there is a profit incentive for securing its code without centralizing authority in a single institution?  I think the answer is to have multiple Bitcoin networks running within each other simultaneously that have different levels of security, and each coin in each network has a specific tag to separate it from the other networks (Think Coloredcoins).  Basically there would be different networks holding Bitcoins so that users could choose what network, and incidentally what level of security they wanted if any.  This way if a hack occurs the institution in charge of the network is liable and is able to offer the victims compensation and then users can choose a different and more secure network.  In this way there would be multiple companies or individuals vying to protect your Bitcoins through various measures and if one failed it would not affect the rest.  Bitcoin is decentralized in every way except its code and decentralizing the code is tricky, but I think it can be done.  Your option centralizes Bitcoin security which is all or nothing, and is bound to fail, as soon as draglet fails your scheme fails.  You don't want to create a giant snake with one head, you want a hydra so that it cannot be killed and I think the best way to do that is to have multiple networks running simultaneously that all use Bitcoin, but run with different coding so that if one experiences problems users go to the next.  Yes there would be issues exchanging from one network to another, but there would be a direct profit incentive for whoever fixed that problem along with a profit incentive to improve Bitcoin's security.  Currently there is only an indirect profit incentive for individuals to secure the Bitcoin code because the code is not yet a marketable product.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:44:37 AM

Is my english that bad? Smiley

Sorry, probably not, I think I saw this:
"..draglet offers them to run a cryptographic exchange"

Other than that you probably write much better than me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: