Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reality Check on Aisle 9  (Read 1366 times)
Anonymous

March 18, 2011, 04:41:41 AM

I am acting on my first real business venture. I have an idea for an amazing product and I am about to start doing some pre-marketing to check the sustainability of the idea. You know, giving people the ability to pre-order and like and share the product (erm, idea Tongue) through social networks. However, I am starting to question if business should really be this easy and this fun. I mean, sure, I am about to work at a loss to hire a graphic designer and web designer to get my pre-marketing site ready, but I feel kind of odd that I am delegating a good portion of this stuff. I am also skeptical about how I will have to delegate in the future. How far is too much delegation? How much of the product do I need to be responsible for? Is vision really enough?

Is this how entrepreneurs really go about making their ideas? Just delegating what they don't specialize in and maintaining the purpose and vision? Please tell me it's about to get more difficult because from where I am right now it seems pretty simple, assuming it takes off from this first phase.

I've done management before for my school robotics team. Sure, it's a challenge but very tangible. I am wondering when this will get to that level.

Anyways, thanks for hearing me out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 18, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Now I'm really curious.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2011, 12:19:08 PM

If your first enterprise is too easy for your liking, do something more ambitious next, and keep upping the stakes. Chances are, it'll get difficult at some point and then you'll see if that's what you really want.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2011, 03:02:20 PM

I think you'll find the organizing part to be the easiest/most interesting. Getting people to move from "Yeah I'd buy that" to actually doing it is the real difficulty.

It's easy to find things to sell. Finding people to buy them is a whole different ballgame.

FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2011, 03:06:48 PM

I am about to work at a loss to hire a graphic designer and web designer to get my pre-marketing site ready...
Why not try to make them partners. If your idea sucks, they won't join you. Then you'll know.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 18, 2011, 03:32:29 PM

Why not try to make them partners. If your idea sucks, they won't join you. Then you'll know.

Alternatively, you could offer them a fixed price for their services, and if they accept, it's no business of anyone else.

How far is too much delegation? How much of the product do I need to be responsible for? Is vision really enough?

If you can delegate everything but the vision and still make money, I see nothing wrong with this. However, it's likely that in the beginning you will have to pick up significant slack. This is the price you pay for being an entrepreneur.
Anonymous

March 18, 2011, 08:12:09 PM

I am about to work at a loss to hire a graphic designer and web designer to get my pre-marketing site ready...

If they have the same desire for this product as I do, sure.

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 18, 2011, 09:16:37 PM

One of the nice things about exploiting people, FatherMcGruder, is that you retain creative control and where the company goes.
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2011, 09:06:20 PM

One of the nice things about exploiting people, FatherMcGruder, is that you retain creative control and where the company goes.
Yes, being a dictator has its benefits.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: