Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:00:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] PseudoWebBot - timeweighted wordcloud of contents of the forum(s)  (Read 659 times)
TiagoTiago (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 08:27:55 PM

Before anything, lemme clear somthing out; i don't have the knowledge/skills required to make this myself, i'm just posting the idea in hopes someone will pick up and make somthing.

Alright, here's the idea; using an automated crawler the system collects statistics of what is posted in the forum (or in more than one forum, and perhaps Bitcoin related news sites), more specificly, words and common group of words (discarding useless things like the word "do" alone, expressions like "what does" etc), and displays the results as a wordcloud; the final "weight" of each word or expression would be defined by the frequency it is seen, and the calculation of the frequency would be weighted with how recent the post (or last edit to the post) was, so old things won't be weighted as much as newer things.

Even better if it's somthing interactive, letting the user specify time periods, moments other than "now" as when things weight more, restrict to only certain subsections of the forum etc. Also somthing like Google's Ngram viewer for seeing the evolution of different words and expressions over time would be great as well; and the ability to "play" the wordcloud gradually changing the top weight time at user specified rates would be interesting too (would make it easy to see when topics explode in popularity and then fade).

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: