Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help us bring SEGA back into the Console Business  (Read 1034 times)
DaLeada (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:19:26 PM

Hello everyone, if your at least slightly interested in Video Games, Video Game development, SEGA, Home Entertainment, or just want to be apart of something new then plz continue to read.

Me,sum friends, and a couple of full sail students would like to make a video game console. Though it is mostly on paper right now, we think the ideas and capabilities of the console would revolutionize video games consoles and thier role in your living room, SO MUCH SO that Sega could possibly give us their blessing and brand the console. We know that sounds pretty optimistic, but companies buy products/ideas from people often and SEGA's financial situation could use a much needed boost. Why SEGA you ask? Most of us grew up playing Sonic, Streets of Rage, and Vectorman, hell i even got my zelda fix with Neutopia. In a nutshell we are just some Sega fanboys wanting SEGA games to be on a SEGA console, or at least our console could give them a home. We would love to see SEGA back in the console business even if we had to do it single handedly. We have jobs and all but two of us are in school. Living expenses take up most of are funds, we dont have the credit to get a loan for what we need, and no one wants to take out student loans to help start the project since we already have a sizable amount of student loan debt. We are asking all Sega Fanboys, video gamers, and bitcoin supporters to either share this post or donate Bitcoins. Why bitcoins instead of cash? Most of us have a vendetta against the dollar and sum other fiat currencies and we like the prospects of bitcoin and the idea of it being a legitimate currency everywhere. And now we can  purchase components and other things we need using Bitcoin. We've also found a handful of ppl that will help in the console's development and accept Bitcoin for payment. Even if you have no bitcoin or just dont want to donate we would still be grateful if you shared this post. Exposure could take us a long way.We may set up a Paypal for donations but right now where are just gonna focus on Bitcoin. We know the idea of a gruop of ppl developing a console then getting backing from SEGA sounds like a far fetched dream, but we are hoping with your help we could make it a reality for gamers across the world. We will keep you updated on our progress and if you have any questions feel free to ask.Our address is 1GmUHXui8t2LSpm3dkL21Vn15shPQfV9xN. Thanks in advance
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:24:57 PM

So... do you want to
a) build a console to run new games, and hope SEGA will give away their IP because;
b) build a console to run old SEGA carts and/or CDs, and hope SEGA will give away their IP because;
c) build a console to run ROMs, and hope SEGA will give away their IP because?

Also what's your level of proficiency in the relevant hardware/software?
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:09:49 AM

First advice, fix your run on paragraph. Such a thing is the worst kind of "business proposal". Come up with a real , concentrated point-for-point plan (written in English and not Internet slang), put together a real team, get a website with forums, etc. In otherwords, get organized. You are asking for funding with zero legitimacy and nothing detailed about what you intend to do.

Second, Sega exited the console making business a long time ago and became a game studio, which it will in all probability remain. The better business is in the games, not the hardware. With things like open-source Steam Machines on the horizon, proprietary gear is facing some stiff competition from the DIY console crowd that will evolve around it. Combined with the Steam platform, this is the future of consoles.

By doing this you would also probably violate a host of Sega IPs, and would face immediate legal scrutiny.

Bringing an old console to life with old games and hoping Sega doesn't send a Cease and Desist letter or just sue you for IP infringement is hardly revolutionary, I hate to say. In the end any emulator and any PC made in the last 10 years can play a Sega ROM.

I don't mean to be a killjoy or discourage the project entirely, but this is the reality. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: