Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you choose a good ICO?  (Read 1082 times)
mazesta (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:27:30 PM

Thanks Guys, the answer from you is very helpful.
Thank you very much Smiley
pureheart

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:31:31 PM

Nowadays there are so many ICOs SCAM, how do you decide that ICO is a SCAM? and How do you determine that ICO is good?
If you can, let me know step by step how you choose a good ICO. Thanks

The good ICO must have Real Team Members. In order for the ICO to be real the team must be real with good intentions to the people. You must also consider their project if it has a plan for the future.. You can also read what their white paper to know more.about t their project.
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:35:17 PM

Nowadays there are so many ICOs SCAM, how do you decide that ICO is a SCAM? and How do you determine that ICO is good?
I do personally depend on the popularity of a project. There's no assurance on ICO projects whether it would be successful or not. Investors can only make assumptions but would be impossible to guess if a project would be a big one or not. You may consider other aspects but the bottomline is that, there's no assurance.

pleaderzazure

Activity: 101

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 02:38:58 PM

My way to choose a good ICO usually look what they get in many ICO Web rating. How much they active in a telegram and another social media they have. How much hard work they make to bring the project successfully.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:45:10 PM

I already ignore ICO project, since scam and my money get stuck into it. For safe, I only invest into project after their product ( coin ) listing on exchange. If the project have technology concept and have powerful demand, even have expensive price I'll replace my fund into it. Just try to be brave person, take one ICO project and learn from the mistakes, you'll get valuable experience.

lang shao

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:46:22 PM

Knowing what to look for when evaluating the potential viability of a brand new ICO is key in avoiding scams aimed at investors. Remaining calm in the midst of the ICO storm and doing your own research and be critical and ask yourself a lot of questions. Be critical, use common sense and explore any new venture from different angles . This can help you avoid getting swept up in the moment, making poor decisions and help you determine whether a project is legitimate or not.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:51:07 PM

- If ICO is just ran by few guys without any proper programming history, probably scam.
- ICO ran by team of experts and have legal adviser too, may be worthy.
- Clear roadmap and a registered company/organization behind the ICO, may be worthy.
- Heavy airdrop and big referral commision, probably scam.
- Not always but if ICO don't have KYC policy probably scam.

Do your own analysis before deciding which ICO can be worthy and go through whitepaper to figure out what they offer unique.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
benpoliang2m

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:26:20 AM

To choose a good ICO, you can first find a good ICO through the icobench.com rating website, then you need to carefully read the ICO project white paper, get a deeper understanding of its roadmap, and the ICO project team, etc. In-depth research will make your investment return higher
vandatpb

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:14:12 AM

Eloncity I am involved in this project, because I find it to be a good potential. The developers of this project have made a very good platform, which can really attract investors. This is really an interesting project, so I encourage you to join. https://eloncity.io/
piaomar

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:20:15 AM

everyone has their own criteria for choosing an ico. in choosing an ico, it's important to see the whitepaper first because we can know a lot of information about the project inside. besides, a good project will also be handles by a good team. a good team will be a positive value for investors in choosing an ico.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
dang thi bich thuy

Activity: 381

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

In my opinion we should be careful about the ICOS campaign. Learn about business whitepaper, partnerships, advertising campaigns. Overall, it's just a review, not 100% sure.
bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:38:22 AM

Several months ago I would advise you to follow the opinion of several rating sites: ICO Drops and Cryptodiffer. There's an excellent team of more than 12,000 people who only deal with really interesting ICO projects and do not work for money but on conscience! Now, the situation has changed due to the global crypto Dump and many ICO projects are in the freezing stage. All of us now have only to wait for changes in the situation on the crypto-currency market.
beswaax
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:46:51 AM

Look at the idea, the team, whitepaper, the website, then I go to an ico review site to see what people say about it, if it is good then invest in it.
c_20

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:43:03 AM

When looking for a good ICO one should look for Team, Timeline, Media Community, Regulation, Whitepaper, Global Potential.
If you are looking for a good ICO then my currency Pick is

INCODIUM

Incodium has developed a solution to protect users and investors against the rising threat of cryptocurrency hacks. Incodium is achieving this through an API-based Smart Contract Solution.

For More Information visit: https://incodium.io/

Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Incodium/

Official Medium Page: https://medium.com/@incodiummate

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

Several months ago I would advise you to follow the opinion of several rating sites: ICO Drops and Cryptodiffer. There's an excellent team of more than 12,000 people who only deal with really interesting ICO projects and do not work for money but on conscience! Now, the situation has changed due to the global crypto Dump and many ICO projects are in the freezing stage. All of us now have only to wait for changes in the situation on the crypto-currency market.
Thanks for suggesting those sites. Let me check with them.

I usually do the 3 steps all the time and I have only found couple of coins that ever matched my criteria so maybe I am to conservative and the ones I invested failed miserably so I always failed to find a decent ICO and I am not sure if thats because I am bad at selecting ICO or the market dropped which caused my choices to fail.

I check the team of that ICO and see if there is anyone I ever knew before, if I heard their names thats already great, if not than I check where they worked before, if the team worked on big projects before than I trust them, if they have not worked on any big projects before why would I trust them with my money ?

Hence, in the end that decides on the step 1, than step 2 would be the white paper, see what they are trying to achieve, what problems they are trying to solve, if that problem was already solved by another coin already than I don't invest, if it was not and its actually a good problem they are fixing than I do go to step 3, which is checking the community if the community is crowded and everyone is talking about it and everyone is hyped and crazy about the upcoming release of the full version of the coin than I complete all three steps. However remember, none of the coins I invested has ever made me profit.
Btcnaivie

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:59:24 AM

It is not easy to determine an ICO scam because some scam ICO is very near to reality. But if you do the following things you can minimize the risk of being scam. First, you need to visit the website of the project you want to join and see if all information are possible and visible. Research and analyze their vision in the whitepaper and roadmaps. Follow all their social media accounts. And lastly research the profile of the bounty manager if it has a high trust ratings in their bounty campaigns. Good bounty campaign managers with high trust ratings always handling a legit projects.
mbally

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:44:20 AM

For me I do a few checks like check the team, check if they have a working product, but these best way i check for real projects is on the team members, I check videos and pictures on google to see the events and conference they have attend and speak at the event, at least three event i will count before passing them, In my own opinion, i think that a scam ICO will out go all out for these important events and conference across the globe.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:13:29 AM

Yes there are many scam ICO's, but don't forget that there are still good and legit ICO's too.
I always participating on ICO that have a press release so i know the company is real.
And look at the concept of the project, if they are good, it will be worth to take a part.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:43:29 AM

Yes there are many scam ICO's, but don't forget that there are still good and legit ICO's too.
I always participating on ICO that have a press release so i know the company is real.
And look at the concept of the project, if they are good, it will be worth to take a part.

That's a good point, and that's how i know real project, I believe that good projects with real team always appear in the media for interviews and talks shows and event and conference, this shows that the team and the project are real and out to do some work not just taking the money and disappear.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

do some research to figure out the scam. This is the most basic way that can be done to prevent the entry in the scam. see team, whitepaper, and wallets available. When it is real then it might be worth to follow. but it's just sometimes not quite as many factors else might be enough to affect the result of the ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: