Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RigHound - remotely manage all your mining rigs  (Read 5829 times)
Mortimer452 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:03:30 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 08:23:41 PM by Mortimer452

Introducing
RigHound

Remotely manage all your mining rigs!

- View all your rigs with current hashrate, which pool and coin they are mining
- Easily switch rigs from pool to pool, coin to coin with a few clicks
- RigHound remote management and monitoring will always be FREE

We are currently ALPHA testing and are looking for around 60 test users to begin using the system.  As stated earlier, using RigHound to remotely manage & monitor your mining rigs will ALWAYS be FREE.  We will be adding a marketplace to rent/lease your mining rigs in the future.

We realize we are not the first to come up with this idea - but we plan to be the BEST.

Support available on IRC Chat:  #RigHound

List of planned features for public BETA (ETA to be announced) :
 - Monitoring & alerts: Receive SMS and/or email alerts when miners are disconnected, failover pool is initiated, or hashrate falls below threshold
 - Ability to restart CGMiner automatically if certain thresholds are met (for example, hashrate less than 1.5 Mh)
 - MPOS API integration: for miners connected to pools running MPOS, view individual worker status, balances, etc.
 - Backup/failover pools configuration
 - Data aggregation/reporting: Look at your hashrate over time, across pools, compare your hashrate at one pool vs. another, find out which pool makes the best payouts!
 - Possible Windows agent/Linux daemon to run on mining rig, so RigHound can communicate with/start/stop CGMiner without NAT firewall configuration
 - Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

Yes, I realize the graphics & design are horrible.  I will be offering a bounty for a new design/logo in the future.  Sorry, I'm a programmer, not an artist.

http://www.righound.com
For this private alpha release, only the first 30 user accounts will be created, all others must wait for BETA release.

To add your miner to RigHound remote management:

- From the "My rigs" page click "Add new mining rig"
    Rig name:  This can be anything you want.  "Miner1" or "Hercules"
    Crypto type: Scrypt or SHA-256
    Descr: (optional) You can enter details about your rig here, such as "4x 7950 @ 640khash each"
    IP Address: The EXTERNAL ip address that RigHound can use to connect to this mining rig.  For most of you, this is your router's external IP.  You can visit http://www.whatismyip.com/ if you don't know what it is.
    Port: This is the API port CGMiner is configured to listen on. The default port is 7077.  See the "Help" tab for additional details on configuring CGMiner

Once your mining rig details are entered, switch to the "Test" tab to test your configuration.  RigHound will attempt to connect to your miner and test out each of the commands - addpool, removepool, disablepool, enablepool, etc.  If you are having issues, make sure you are using the following command-line options on CGMiner (or their config file equivalents):
Code:
--api-listen --api-groups P:restart:addpool:removepool:switchpool:enablepool:save:* --api-allow P:98.174.25/24 --api-port 7077

** VERY IMPORTANT Port-forwarding/NAT on router**
If your mining rig is behind a router/firewall, you'll need to use NAT or port-forwarding to expose the API port to RigHound.  

Pools management:
You manage all your pool information from the "Pools" tab

To add a new pool:
- Click "Add new pool"
    Pool URL: Stratum URL for the pool.  Enter the URL *ONLY* here, port# should be entered in the Port box
    Pool Name: This can be anything you like, will be displayed next to your miner(s) when mining this pool
    Coin: Enter the coin this pool is mining for
    Crypto Type: POW algorithm for coin, Scrypt of SHA-256
    Username: Username for your workers on this pool.  For P2Pools or Multipools, just use your BTC address.
    API Key: For future use - your API key for pools running MPOS so RigHound can retrieve your full pool stats

To configure your pool workers
    From the "Workers" tab, enter each of your pool workers.  These should match what you have setup in the pool.  In the future, these can be retrieved automatically from MPOS pools if you have entered your API key.  For P2Pools or multipools like Middlecoin, you don't need to setup workers, since you connect using your wallet address which you should have entered for the pool username.  

For each worker, you must select which mining rig the worker is associated with.  When you command your mining rig to switch pools, this is the worker your rig will connect with.

Keep in mind this is an ALPHA release, I expect there to be some bugs and issues, but I will resolve them as quickly as possible.  We are concentrating right now on insuring we have a SOLID and RELIABLE method of remotely managing your mining rigs, and an easy way to add new rigs, before adding additional features such as alerts and rig rentals.

Your constructive criticism is appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:34:22 AM

oooo. I need this.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:27:23 AM

10 accounts signed up so far, 20 remaining
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:49:42 AM

Not sure why this was moved to the Mining section, but moderators do what they do . . .

15 accounts remaining for alpha test
fam0us

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:39:34 AM

Not sure why this was moved to the Mining section, but moderators do what they do . . .

15 accounts remaining for alpha test
In.
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:39:50 AM

*UPDATE*

"My Rigs" screen now shows individual device statistics for each mining rig:

Individual hashrate, accepted/rejected and temp for each GPU/ASIC device (temp not shown in screenshot because my GPU does not support it)
etayel

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:01:37 AM

Hi,

can i ask my cgminer to listen to several ports?
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:09:44 AM

Hi,

can i ask my cgminer to listen to several ports?

No, you cannot.  Each running instance of CGMiner can only listen on one API port.  If you are using CGWatcher that's fine - just configure RigHound to use API port 4028 and they can both monitor your rig!
phreakk

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:40:23 PM

Hey, I'm trying to add workers on the pool settings, but I keep getting an error,

Page Address ***
Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

API Key doesn't change anything either, although you stated it's for future use.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:28:03 PM

Hey, I'm trying to add workers on the pool settings, but I keep getting an error,

Page Address ***

API Key doesn't change anything either, although you stated it's for future use.

Thanks for the input.  I get an email any time an error is thrown, I've seen several related to adding pool workers to come across but I can't seem to duplicate the issue, every time I try to add pool workers it seems to work fine.  I'll keep trying to figure out.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:03:28 AM

Page Address ***

Thanks for the input.  I get an email any time an error is thrown, I've seen several related to adding pool workers to come across but I can't seem to duplicate the issue, every time I try to add pool workers it seems to work fine.  I'll keep trying to figure out.

same here

A Page Error Has Occured.
Page Address http://www.righound.com/EditPool.aspx?PoolID=18&rwndrnd=0.5987433409617642
This information has been sent to the RigHound support team, who will investigate what happened and do what is necessary to prevent it from happening again. If this is the first time this error has occured, please close and reopen your web browser and try again.

Awsome project! keep up the good work !!
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:54:22 AM

Thanks both of you for reporting this.  I found the issue, you should be able to add new pool workers now.

Hint:  RigHound configuration is easier when you use the same worker name for your rig at all your pools.  You can set the "Default Worker name" from the Edit Miner window.  If you do this, when you add new pool workers, they will be associated with the correct mining rig automatically.

Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:01:10 AM

Updates today:
Miscellaneous UI bugfixes
Rig total uptime displayed next to individual device statistics

Up next
Automatic refresh of mining rig statistics - so you don't have to click the "Refresh status" button to update your current pool info, hashrate, etc. Cool

phreakk

Activity: 307

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:48:16 AM

Looking great!
I have a suggestion, could you add an option to change ALL of your rigs' pools at the same time?!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:09:32 AM

Looking great!
I have a suggestion, could you add an option to change ALL of your rigs' pools at the same time?!

ABSOLUTELY!  Bulk rig management is definitely coming in the near future, including scheduling (mine at pool A for X hours then switch to pool B).  *Maybe* even some auto-profitability switching stuff (not sure I want to head down that path).  Right now I'm mostly concentrating on connectivity & reliability in reaching out to your rigs & controlling them.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:01:16 AM

I have another question, is it possible to use this
 --api-listen --api-groups P:restart:addpool:removepool:switchpool:enablepool:save:* --api-allow P:98.174.25/24 --api-port 7077

on my .conf file ??
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 11:55:14 AM

very usefull tool. Well done.
Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:04:16 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 02:27:06 PM by Mortimer452

Awesome, looking forward to new features!!

I am having an issue when I change pools 4x. The 4th time I get errors like:
RigCommander.SwitchPool: Unable to execute command. RigCommander.FindPool: Unable to execute command. Unterminated string. Expected delimiter: ". Path 'POOLS[4].Last Share Difficulty', line 1, position 2920.
RigCommander.SwitchPool: Unable to execute command. RigCommander.FindPool: Unable to execute command. Unexpected end when deserializing object. Path 'POOLS[4].Last Share Difficulty', line 1, position 2920.

The rig will say HasError on the website, is hashing fine, but needs cgminer restarted to monitor/control again.

Thanks again for the input.  I've run into this as well.

Short version:
Every time you change pools, RigHound first checks to see if your instance of cgminer has that pool in it's "pools" list, and if it doesn't, adds it.  Then, it commands cgminer to switch to that pool.

The problem occurs when cgminer's "pools" list gets larger than maybe 3-4 pools in it.  I haven't figured out why yet, but for some reason sometimes I get back truncated JSON results (like, I get back 3 pools and only half the 4th's pools info).  Part of the problem may be that I'm using a raw TCPIP socket connection rather than an HTTP request (I'm convinced raw TCP/IP is faster), this means I have to build my own buffering/receive mechanism rather than the built-in HTTP ones, and I'll be the first to admit there may be some bugs there.

It doesn't happen all the time, and not with every rig, so it's tough to troubleshoot.  I'm working on this along with a better, faster & automatic way to refresh your rig's status (so you don't have to click the "Refresh" button and wait FOREVER).  Stay tuned, I'm making changes & improving this every day!

**EDIT**
Just implemented a possible fix for this, time will tell if it works consistently - as an added bonus, the "Refresh Status" button is about 2x faster as well Smiley
djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:48:34 PM

The issue is not whether you use TCP/IP or HTTP.

But it is a known issue with cgminer - sometimes it sends truncated data; closes socket before everything is sent. I don't know how often that appears for JSON format, I use non-JSON custom format, it is shorter and easier to parse (when not using 3rd party JSON libs), but it happens here and there anyway.

Mortimer452 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:55:19 PM

The issue is not whether you use TCP/IP or HTTP.

But it is a known issue with cgminer - sometimes it sends truncated data; closes socket before everything is sent. I don't know how often that appears for JSON format, I use non-JSON custom format, it is shorter and easier to parse (when not using 3rd party JSON libs), but it happens here and there anyway.

I was afraid of that - good to know, thanks.  It is definitely happening far less often receiving in 8k chunks rather than the 2k chunks I was using previously, and it was only happening when the data returned was greater than the receive buffer size.  As I said, time will tell on whether this is stable.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: