Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:57:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoins worldwide  (Read 723 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:17:32 AM

Hi everyone,

Wow, it's been a very long time since I have posted on the forums (more than six months!). A lot of changes have happened at Spend Bitcoins since then.

We now have what we believe is the the largest directory of bitcoin accepting sites in the world. If not at the moment, it should be in the next week or so (we have thousands of sites submitted and/or crawled over the last month just waiting for approval).

Most importantly, each and every bitcoin accepting site in our directory has the ability for users to post feedback. Since bitcoins are like internet cash, it's important to know the reputations of sellers, and we hope to contribute to this in a significant way.

As would be expected, our site is number one on google (at least for me) search results for the search "spend bitcoins". We hope that when people search for "spend bitcoins on electronics", etc, they will come to our site and be able to see both positive and negative reviews for bitcoin accepting electronics sites, for example.

If your site is not yet listed, please submit it for free now at https://spendbitcoins.com.au/add-business/. Please do not be alarmed if it says your site is already listed but it's not. This just means we have already crawled your page and it will be listed as soon as we approve it (hopefully within the week).

If you have shopped at any of the businesses on our site, please post feedback, whether positive or negative to help other shoppers know the reputation of bitcoin accepting sellers across the world.

Thank you so much for your continued support. We at Spend Bitcoins are very excited about the rapid spread of bitcoin around the world, and we want people to be able to shop with as much safety and confidence as possible!

There's a lot more coming on our site that will make shopping with bitcoin much, much easier. Watch this space! Wink

--Jeremy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

http://spendbitcoins.com for anyone who doesn't want to type it in.

Good to see you around Jeremy!

A couple of comments:
- Default country when clicking "Spend Bitcoins" should be "Any Country"
- When a country is selected, the filtration should reflect on the counts in the categories sidebar.  In other words, if I select "Australia", then "Gift Cards" should show a 0 on the sidebar.  Otherwise, I click on Gift Cards, and am confused when I see no results.
- Even better, make it more clear what filtration is in effect when performing a search.  "We found 0 places that accept Bitcoin in exchange for Gift Cards serving Australia."
- The full list including all categories shouldn't be sorted alphabetically - that gives incentive for people to come up with company names such as "AAA Auto Tuning" so they can show up first on the list.  Instead, sort by popularity (maybe sort by # of feedbacks given, then subsort by # of pageviews) or some other dynamic metric.  However, sort options should be available (sort by average feedback score, sort alphabetically, sort by popularity, etc).

That is all.  It looks like a clean site, and the categories will be VERY useful when I think "Hmm, I wonder where I can find X to buy with Bitcoins."
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:06:55 AM

http://spendbitcoins.com for anyone who doesn't want to type it in.

Good to see you around Jeremy!

A couple of comments:
- Default country when clicking "Spend Bitcoins" should be "Any Country"
- When a country is selected, the filtration should reflect on the counts in the categories sidebar.  In other words, if I select "Australia", then "Gift Cards" should show a 0 on the sidebar.  Otherwise, I click on Gift Cards, and am confused when I see no results.
- Even better, make it more clear what filtration is in effect when performing a search.  "We found 0 places that accept Bitcoin in exchange for Gift Cards serving Australia."
- The full list including all categories shouldn't be sorted alphabetically - that gives incentive for people to come up with company names such as "AAA Auto Tuning" so they can show up first on the list.  Instead, sort by popularity (maybe sort by # of feedbacks given, then subsort by # of pageviews) or some other dynamic metric.  However, sort options should be available (sort by average feedback score, sort alphabetically, sort by popularity, etc).

That is all.  It looks like a clean site, and the categories will be VERY useful when I think "Hmm, I wonder where I can find X to buy with Bitcoins."

Hi SgtSpike,

Long time no talk. Thanks for the suggestions. We are working on all of this and much more. I hope everyone finds it as useful as you do.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:33:01 AM

This isn't very constructive unfortunately but I prefered the old site. The process to buy was quicker and cleaner i guess i'd call it.

also.. i know this is probably out of your control.. but any chance in hell you would be able to bring back the 'buy bitcoin' or even 'pay bpay with bitcoin' sell options you had a while back Huh

thans

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:19:01 AM

The country selector on the places page doesn't work very well. I wanted to find United Kingdom, so I clicked the country list and typed u. That auto selected Uzbekistan, which is definitely not what I wanted. The I clicked it again and scrolled down to U but didn't find it, so I looked for England which wasn't there either. I finally found United Kingdom between Micronesia and Georgia. Alphabetic ordering is a great invention I can very much recommend.

Also, neither btctrip.com nor simplytravelonline.com are listed under the travel tab. For finding hotels simplytravelonline has the best interface I've seen, bar none. The combination of displaying on maps and available filters makes it much more useful than hotels.com and the other more well known sites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: