Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:48:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The huge benefits of regional blockchain projects  (Read 87 times)
DikkieD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:57:57 PM

Was reading up on a pretty nice, ambitious and perhaps high-potential project based in Georgia. Learned many new things, for example that Georgia is one of the biggest mining countries besides well known countries like China, Iceland and such. Also their government is very pro-blockchain/crypto from day 1. This allows tech companies to be as innovative as possible. I for one like this very much, compared to many other countries where people from parliament/government are still scratching themselves behind their ears, wondering what the risks are (and missing the train/boat whatever Smiley).

In the Black Sea region there are many blockchain projects and also many cooperations and partnerships between tech projects and blockchain projects. They even formed some form of an alliance (Black Sea Blockchain Community) in order to improve relationships between all these projects (read more here: https://medium.com/spotcoin/neo-black-sea-community-launched-ff0d479d3bad). I like this wonderful start-up climate where companies are simply able to make the most out of blockchain, freely and without limitations.

What is your take on this. Does this regional approach have benefits/upsides many of those 'world wide blockchain projects' do not have? Or is this perhaps not the best strategy in a time where the whole world is connected and every tech company should be able to work together?
mattyforcrypto

Activity: 163
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 08:13:16 PM

I think it's a good way to start, the region can be a role model like the Sillicon Valley is for tech startups.

Start small and show how it's done, then expand. If the region is pro-crypto that's a perfect head-start and can be used as a test field for various projects. I think that's a pretty good move and I'm curious how it will pan out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: