Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2011 Macbook Pro  (Read 769 times)
trashymonkey (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:48:59 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 04:58:12 AM by trashymonkey

So I'm selling my macbook pro, thought maybe someone on here would be interested. Here are the specs: Late 2011 macbook pro, 13 inch display, 2.4 GHz Processor Dual-Core i5 , 500 GBharddrive , 4GB Ram (2 *2GB) max of 8GB ,Display Size: - 13.3-inch Graphics Card: - Intel HD Graphics 3000 Card Memory: - 384 MB

400 bucks sounds very fair to me. let me know if you're interested. I will be using the escrow service that has worked for me. If you dont want to escrow, dont bother contacting me.

Ships from USA

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:39:30 AM

Where are you shipping from?
trashymonkey (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:57:38 AM

USA
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:50:26 PM

um.... buyer beware -

I messaged him about the macbook - I received a message stating to send BTC to his address...and he'll send to my home address.
He states will only use escrow services, but when i ask which forum member he supplied a third party escrow website. (one that has been considered scam by multiple threads here)
Then I insisted on reputable escrow service and I have not received any response and he logged offline.

** Always do deals with reputable people. I suggest you do the same here if you pursue this transaction. 
PaintShopPro6

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:05:24 PM

Price too low to be true?

OP, do you have proof of purchase?
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:16:28 AM

um.... buyer beware -

I messaged him about the macbook - I received a message stating to send BTC to his address...and he'll send to my home address.
He states will only use escrow services, but when i ask which forum member he supplied a third party escrow website. (one that has been considered scam by multiple threads here)
Then I insisted on reputable escrow service and I have not received any response and he logged offline.

** Always do deals with reputable people. I suggest you do the same here if you pursue this transaction. 
Yeah, that's definitely shady.  Keep in mind that escrow doesn't work if it's the same entity as the seller. 

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:18:14 AM

Price too low to be true?

Pretty much.  Above post says it's a scam, too.

Beware!
BryanK

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:04:46 AM

LOLOL 
Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: BryanK on: Today at 01:24:14 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
Hey, sorry, Id rather stick to what I know works. So I am going to pass

Yeah... lol Amazing how people work.

Don't deal with this guy

This was after i suggested DannyHamilton or anyone else on the escrow list: Then linked it. lol
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:30:10 PM

um.... buyer beware -

What escrow website did he want you to use?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
trashymonkey (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:37:52 PM

um.... buyer beware -

What escrow website did he want you to use?

coinguard (I know now that they are selective scammers, so I won't use them anymore, although they've always worked for me)
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:31:58 AM

I work for Apple. Would the original poster be willing to post the serial number so I can verify the configuration and installed OS and hardware?

$400.00 is really low for one of these. It is hard to tell based on the picture but it looks like the monitor may not be working as well. The keyboard appears to be lit but the screen is blank.  

trashymonkey (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:51:10 AM

I work for Apple. Would the original poster be willing to post the serial number so I can verify the configuration and installed OS and hardware?

$400.00 is really low for one of these. It is hard to tell based on the picture but it looks like the monitor may not be working as well. The keyboard appears to be lit but the screen is blank.  

I sold the macbook last month to a friend. I would just delete the whole damn post, but I cant. Plus Im sure that people would be like "OMG HE DELETED THE POST OF SOMETHING THAT'S NO LONGER AVAILABLE! HE MUST BE A SCAMMER!! DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Sorry Ron, not trying to diss you or anything, some of the people on this forum just annoy the shit out of me. And for the record, the computer performed perfectly Smiley
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

No offense taken. The sad fact is that the scammers not only steal currency directly but also indirectly in that it makes all of us suspicious of each other. This is double edged sword, it is good that people are very strict about due diligence when conducting business and bad in that many honest people fall under suspicion and are unable or unwilling to conduct business because of it. If you are the latter I apologize for any offense.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: