Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptonbets: Unique approach - Just saved $50  (Read 184 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:30:43 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 11:14:10 PM by mdayonliner

I never heard of this betting site cryptonbets.com. I wanted to find some information by Googling and failed without any luck except this interesting finding... The domain cryptonbets.com has been created on 01/07/2018 and today when I am composing this topic, the date is 03/07/2018. So it's obvious not to find any reference online. And, clearly someone had this master plan to scam someone else.

Hello, help me to withdraw funds from roulette.
I just won 985 bucks on bitcoin roulette cryptonbets.com
I can not withdraw money because I need a deposit. My friend threw me $ 5 and I won an unreal jackpot. Since you are a trusted person on the forum, I can trust you. I'm ready to give you $ 250. If anything write in the telegram @PlVyZ
The original topic has been deleted by the mod.

I wanted to help the guy and on top of it, if I get extra $250 then no harm right? I landed my hand. We had chat on telegram. The person gave me his credentials so that I can log in and make some deposit and finally withdraw the amount then give him the difference. While we were having chat he won more (Full chat history).

Once I had the credentials then I wanted to familiar with the interface of the site. I started my research and when I could not find anything at all both in Google and in BitcoinTalk forum (at this point I did not have in mind to check the whois lookup for the domain), I did not felt comfortable but I did not gave up yet then.

I wanted to see how the withdrawal works and once I figured out that I will need to deposit minimum $50 then my suspension was getting stronger. I then wanted to chat with the members who were already chatting with each others. I was asking if anyone actually got paid but no answer. Then I decided to gave up because it seems not ok to me. I then informed the person that it does not look good and he can take his account back. I recorded a clip at the end of the conversation so that I can prove myself not guilty in case the person accuse me saying that I took out his money(Video clip)

After everything, I then started to realize that the entire thing was planned. The site does not actually have any user at all. Those chats are auto bots. The approach from the guy was simple, the offer was good so anyone will take a risk of $50 to deposit to get extra $250. Once they make the deposit they actually never get any penny back. The money goes straight to the person's wallet. The entire thing is a wise setup to scam people.

Be aware of this  cryptonbets.com  website.

What happened:: Described above.
Scammers Profile Link: cryptonbets.com / https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=849103
Reference Link: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFierhFuhu and https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFie3nFujR
Amount Scammed: Close to scam $50 in future the same persona may try the same trick with someone else
Payment Method: Cryptocurrency
Proof of Payment: Not done so no proof
PM/Chat Logs: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFie3nFujR
Additional Notes: N/A

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niiks

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 10:31:54 AM

I've received similar msg to help some guy to withdraw. And to do this I need deposit $25.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:39:09 AM

I've received similar msg to help some guy to withdraw. And to do this I need deposit $25.
So, if the deposit amount has changed in your case then the person is developing the site for sure (admin) and trying to trick people with different initial amounts to see which one works best. Everything else on the website you are seeing (other users) are just auto bots IMO.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
chepik

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:21:30 PM

Almost same story on Discord the guy is calling "Fuse" the deposit now is 20$ Smiley
Globality

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:37:26 AM

Seems as their site is actually live now - But they have this "Cases" Section which gives you X3 after 1 month with just a deposit you do. - Seems as true scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: