Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth fees are up 7000 percent  (Read 579 times)
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:18:10 PM

Oh, it seems that some gas guzzlers are really acting in the ethereum network at the moment causing a bit of congestion. It should be just a matter of days.

ETH fee gas increased dramatically recently because of The Foin's exchange of China launched "Growth Project Market listing contest", which pushed token projects to call on their communities to deposit  their token  to Fcoin's exchange. This thing made many people send a big amount of token to Fcoin and made the ETH's network congestion

silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:20:47 PM

In addition the ETH network is struggling because of airdrops. If you own ETH you are lucky if the price doesn’t go down. It is showing its FLAWS and ihe media are going to make it look worse than it already is!
This is a good indicator that Ethereum is really used. Ethereum is experiencing something like Bitcoin in 2017 - overloaded network, so developers need to work on the scalability as soon as possible.

Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:29:32 PM

I think just because there are so many ICO projects are developing depend on ETH blockchain and it's the main reason for this case. New project mean new token and new more transaction in ETH blockchain and it make number of daily transaction in ETH blockchain increase very quickly and lead to this result. I think it's time for NEO and EOS to become next ETH and as I can see number of ICO project develop depend on NEO blockchain is increasing very fast.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:32:09 PM

In addition the ETH network is struggling because of airdrops. If you own ETH you are lucky if the price doesn’t go down. It is showing its FLAWS and ihe media are going to make it look worse than it already is!

Yeah this is so annoying when you just want to transfer tokens worth value is less than the fees.
Also the bounty hunter will received their rewards so slowly due to this
The devs should resolve this issue soon
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:48:01 PM

All most 90% of the ICOs and dapps run on the ethereum Blockchain this is already predicted by the industry expert that ethereum too will face scalability problem in future. The day has been arrived and is very near ethereum should improve its Scalability else there are lot of competitors available in the market which will take away market of ethereum.

Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

Yes the whole F coin fiasco is to blame. They have single-handedly clogged up the whole network just for some free publicity.

Either ways there really isnt much we can do about it right now, except wait for fees to come down. Most likely we will have to bear with it for about a month or so i think

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:12:39 PM

I hope ethereum will soon find a solution to the current problem.
The high fees annoy somehow. I hope the fees will go down soon.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:16:44 PM

It seems to me that these are temporary Ethereum difficulties. Remember the price for bitcoin transactions last fall, there was a crisis and we are still waiting for the majority to switch to the  lightning network technology. After some time, the situation with the ETH transactions will be also stabilized. I'm sure Vitalik will follow this.)

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:20:29 PM

My metamask transaction are full of pending status. Increasing the price to thrice too didn't helped.
The congestion is not just hampering Ethereum but also to every tokens in it's platform. Decentralized exchanges are at halt.

clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:24:49 PM

One of the most important factors of the crypto money world is mining. There is a problem in the ethereum network and it must be removed as soon as possible. Otherwise, all crypto money markets will be badly affected.

jpnl0003

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:26:50 PM

I must confess the rate at which the ethereum network has congestion has not been properly digested with the users of both ethereum and other tokens in the decentralized application as they also charge high fees.
Larymause

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:30:38 PM

I heard that someone is opening a new exchange on the Ethereum platform. Personally, I have such a commission cause even greater dislike for ETH, since I usually trade on the dex platforms. The volume because of this fell heavily too.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:35:11 PM

It's pretty funny because few months ago, when bitcoin's fees started to be an issue for bitcoin's users- Ethereum users laughed at bitcoin's users and one of the things that they presented as an advantage over bitcoin was the very low fees that ETH had compared to bitcoin.
Now when bitcoin has a much lower fees as the lightning network just came out and provides a solution for bitcoin users- the fees factor is no longer being presented when comparing between bitcoin and Ethereum, people likes to show the parameters based on the result they want to see.
gabriela1999

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 04:56:59 PM

unbelievable.  Trading fees of ETH are higher than BTC.  I had to adjust the gas = 200 gwei.  My transactions are prioritized for confirmation.  Hopefully Vitalik Buterin will fix the problem as soon as possible

██   ██████████████         1xBit.com     |     BENEFIT SEASON          ██████████████  ██
7 B T C   W E L C O M E   B O N U S
██                       P L A Y   N O W                       ██
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:01:30 PM

For this reason, ETH has to be seen as a platform for ”beta versions” of projects. It is way easier to use the already existing platform, but right now, it is overloaded by a massive number of tokens and transactions are therefore slow or expensive. On the other hand, I am really positive about it as serious projects are making their own independent blockchains. Everything has it's + and -, but as ETH scaling problem is going to last here for a while, leaving its network might be the best way of making it more stable and less expensive for users.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
TraiKH

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

This is quite sad. The process of sending a transaction on my bancor instead of $ 6 with Gas, it has increased to $ 30. Perhaps waiting for signal from Buterin to confirm, over time, ethereum network may be a problem. They always complain about bitcoin's transaction fees and ETH idolization. Tongue
ZeidFreak

Activity: 200

Macho Gwapito ako!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:49:55 PM

According to https://ethgasstation.info/
Standard fee for fast confirmation in ETH is around 50 cents which is way higher than what it will cost to transfer bitcoin and bitcoincash right now.

One of my transaction got stucked for atleast 13 hours before getting processed because I have only used half of the recommended to save on fees yesterday.

ETH have this known network congestion problem from the start and vitalik haven't proposed any successful solution for this till now.
Ethereum should be mature now they need to solve the solution of the blockchain. There's alot of ICO who really wants to get money from investors. That's why i choose Nem Blockchain and it is much safer to create ICO there.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:08:07 PM

The present gas fee is not too hard to bear. I have made a lot of transactions and i have not spent up to $1 on every transaction made through my wallet. This is not even in anyway close to what is charged by BTC network or any exchange. As a matter of fact i still know of so many people who are holding their ethereum and not selling in panic.
enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:15:14 PM

but I think this is still fairly normal, a few days ago I tried to make transactions in trading. and it does not cost so much. you may be wrong to check and correct again
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:18:46 PM

It is very strange to see how the payment for gas is growing, I do not understand where these prices come from, the network is not overloaded, and if it is overloaded, why are such large prices? Vitalik do something with gas prices, it's very expensive.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: