Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:21:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS IT TRUE THAT CYRPTOWORLD IS PRUNE TO HACKERS?  (Read 911 times)
robertcross07

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

I agreed partly. If you look at the current situation, so many exchanges have been hacked and traders have a lost a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:05:19 PM

The past year has seen the rise of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The increase as witnessed in the cryptoworld attracts many investors, ranging from those who understand the ideology of Bitcion and newbies whose idea was to get rich quick from investing into Bitcion world. The growth in cryptomarket also leads to increase in cybercriminals. The rate at which hackers were attacking exchanges are on the increase.

I just need your suggestion on how to curb menace of hackers in order to build investors confidence in this cryptoworld to optimum level.
It is not that if you own a Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, you are already prone from hacking. It will always depends on how you handle or secure your cryptocurrencies, if you are careless then there's a huge chance that you will get hacked. So what can be the solution? Since we cannot stop hackers, what we can do is to learn how to protect our investments by our own, do not trust any third party services to do it for you, like leaving your coins on exchanges because exchanges are the primary targets of hackers because they hold huge amount of different cryptocurrencies and even exchanges have good securities, there is no perfect system and all has its vulnerabilities. So what you can do to make your coins safe is to hold it by your own.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:12:09 PM

Considering the recent incidences, yes it is true hackers primary target has been shifted towards cryptocurrency holders and exchange platforms. We can probably be safe by beend extra careful which site we enter our details like private key and the rest. We also need to activate all the security measures with a particular wallet to keep our funds safe

buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:26:03 PM

I think it will be hard to avoid hacking. Avoiding hacking is tantamount to avoiding theft in the real world, even if the security forces catch a thief there will be another thief who commits a crime.
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:48:44 PM

The past year has seen the rise of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The increase as witnessed in the cryptoworld attracts many investors, ranging from those who understand the ideology of Bitcion and newbies whose idea was to get rich quick from investing into Bitcion world. The growth in cryptomarket also leads to increase in cybercriminals. The rate at which hackers were attacking exchanges are on the increase.

I just need your suggestion on how to curb menace of hackers in order to build investors confidence in this cryptoworld to optimum level.

Of course when we say money, it is too powerful and me, you or us want an easy money that can get more easily.  They not think on what happen if they got your money because he didn't know you when they got it.  In every advantage, there are disadvantage to get better life because they are no scammers when they can't scam anyone, so please be careful because when the scammer they get hard, it don't do it but there are a chance that they change they plan.

We cannot eliminate scam but we can reduce it.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
hermanjones18

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:34:51 PM

bitcoin earns a massive rate of popularity among the users because of their facilities but the problem is that eventually it attract the hackers as well , that's doesn't mean if you have bitcoin you will definitely face this problem it can only happenes if you stay careless about your wallet security.
adpinbr

Activity: 1008
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:43:09 PM

I have to admit that I have read a thread saying an ICO was hacked and lost all of their investments.The manager is the one responsible in returning the money of the investors which is worth 1million. this kind of things might leave a big wound to bitcoin especially that it is known for its blockchain technology.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Crypto_Sassy

Activity: 169
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:43:38 PM

Everything that is online can be hacked. There is various measures that can be taken to stop the fraud and hacking event.
Website also get hacked but with passing time security is enhanced, system make more robust.
But here in crypto world anonymousity is taken so much precedence that you do not know is hack claims are really true or not.
Since field is not regulated by government as such , even known owners has no incentive to spend in security.
System hacked or not hacked, they are taking their profits and I did not hear any high level executive went to jail because of negligence in security aspects.
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:34:25 PM

I agree with this fact that the hackers increases when the market condition is good. As the market contains more money at that time for this reason the hackers do target a lot. For this reason carefulness has no alternative. You must have to be careful while doing transactions and keep the wallet offline after the transactions are done.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:12:08 PM

actually the role of hackers in cryptocurrency is also important because they also need bitcoins to make transactions. I do not think hackers ever hack into an exchange, if hackers hack on one of those crypto exchanges, it means there is an irregularity or something wrong in the exchange. My perspective is like that.
joellogan

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 07:59:10 PM

Mainly it’s not true also this types of news have enough value based on this it’s really impossible to hack this crypto market based on this situations it can be but it’s possible with wallet or other but not in this market also few days ago news was different case.  Roll Eyes
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:04:04 PM

hackers attack wallets and account only when they have the chance to, if your wallets are secure properly with 2fa and other security measures, there is no way you can be hacked.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:22:52 PM

All I can say is that your security and safety is in your hands. Everyone will take responsibility for that. Keep your wallet details and keys safe, don't keep your assets on exchanges, don't give your details to a third party. These are all that is needed to be done.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:43:47 PM

One reason why there are still a lot of hackings in crypto is that the users are lacking the knowledge to keep themselves secure. People still fall to a phishing scam, malware, etc. So how to keep yourself secure?

1. Never download anything suspicious from unreputable source. Always verify!
2. Put 2FA on all accounts. Use a Google authenticator instead of email/phone authentication.
3. Use hardware wallets.

With those 3 simple steps, you'll be safe from most dangers out here.
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:24:17 AM

Hackers are everywhere even in social media there are lots of them hacking accounts.So its not different in crypto.When there is money involved theres always those type of illegal jobs.Thats why you should be more careful in every actions taken and do not trust anyone especially when it comes to your account.
JeffreyKen

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:36:00 AM

It's only normal when a community grows the consequences of harmful situations also increases. However, Bitcoin has always been safer to use than most other cryptocurrencies which makes it the most trusted one. Nevertheless, it's always good to be extra cautious and not fully dependent on anything.
toreserve

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:36:04 AM

It does not necessarily mean that if you have bitcoin you have a huge tendency that you will be attacked. But we can not deny the fact that major trading floors have been attacked and that they have lost a great deal of bitcoin in the millions of dollars in value.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:58:33 AM

It depends because we all know that there is a lot of scammers especially online so maybe cryptoworldis prune of hackers or scammers,becareful of that coz they might get yoyr coins

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:02:40 AM

Yes many hacker right now are using and creating fake site to victim the other people who cannot understand and cannot see the safe site at the top of the URL im also the victim but im sure im using a safe site and my account was hack and nothing left in my account i was so angry on my self i want to kill that hacker stupid they need to teach a good lesson they are studying but they do not use it properly.
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 01:13:02 AM

There are really some people who wants to take advantage of other peoples weaknesses. Today on wards, hacking will be the most profitable hobby but this can create very bad impact into crypto discouraging people to use it. The blockchain itself is unhackable but due to human error and carelessness hacking has been very rampant nowadays. We should be extra careful in clicking suspicious links that could phish information from our devices.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: