Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MEW ETH wallet lost the private key and JSON file  (Read 296 times)
Oliveir

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:21:05 PM

You can't recover it with out it... Sorry to discourage you but you need to search the recycle bin for the Johnson.... But as for the private key you need it.... Just in case you find it transfer it immediately to another new MEW Wallet.... Good luck for looking...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gecol46

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:22:45 AM

if you lose the private key and JSON file then you can not access back to your MEW address, maybe you can recall where you saved the JSON file, or use data recovery application to search JSON file on your storage
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:48:56 AM

You can't recover it with out it... Sorry to discourage you but you need to search the recycle bin for the Johnson.... But as for the private key you need it.... Just in case you find it transfer it immediately to another new MEW Wallet.... Good luck for looking...
WTF, read the OP carefully before saying anything he lost the files because he formatted the hard drive for three times.But still recoverable but not worth to do it.

And one more thing if we found that key by miracle we no need to transfer the funds we can access it from another device using the private key.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
goyald2801

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:57:46 PM

You can't recover your tokens and ether without private key or json file , if you have imported that key in metamask then you can do fetch all the tokens there . otherwise it is impossible because it is same like accessing ether address of another user . at the time of creating wallet it is suggested to save that data in safe place , recommended to write on paper .
Dr.Lecter

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:13:34 AM

unfortunately, you can't get your funds back if you don't have private key or JSON file. you should try to find private key or JSON file in your computer.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

If we were able to recover funds from an address, everyone would get hacked. There is no solution except trying some file recovery programs to try and recover your JSON file.

I have tried data recovery but it got failed as i have kept in a harddisk and that system i had formated 2 to 3 times and the backup which i kept in a pendrive that got lost, that is why  i am asking help. But what told is also correct if we can recover from address then anyone can hack it.
That is why you should have the backup of your private key not in the digital format.But anyway the amount you lost is not huge so next time store your private keys in the paper.But you need to accept your loss and move on for now and learn the lesson. Smiley
For a hard drive or harddisk that had been already reformatted 2 to 3 times i dont know if its still possible for a recovery service to do its job because as far as i know 1 reformat would still have the chance of such recovery but i dont know when it comes to 2-3x. Havent you tried out to consult to recovery service if it do have still the chance?
This is the hardest thing when we dont make any backups of our keys either on cloud (which isnt suggested) or on a piece of paper will do already.
We still can recover the datas from the harddrive but the OP's fund in the lost wallet is just one month rewards but the harddrive recovery is very very costly in my country which i about $3000 or more so I don't think it is a good idea to recover from that drive.
Are you sure that's the exact price for recovering lost data in any hard drives? It's so overpriced just for recovering some files, even if it is important or not, that is way too expensive.

I just feel sorry to OP when supposedly we have to keep our PK in a single piece of paper but he didn't do it and i don't know why he didn't because just for a case like this. If i were him i would really keep a copy of it just in any worst case scenario.

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

I have lost my MEW ETH wallet private key and JSON file, now how can i recover it as i am having 0.15 ETH and 15k TKN token which is going to be listed next week. My full  1 month work is lost. Please help me in recovering my wallet private key. I only have ETH address with me.
Im so sad on what happened to you my friend but unlucky theres is no other way to recover your wallet if you have lost your private key and json file.  Try to search on how to recover lost data on your phone or pc.

lecongchi18091991

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:21:26 PM

That is too bad!, sorry you, If you have lost your privatekey and json file, you can't login your new eth wallet.
btcdevil (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:05:22 AM

Data Recovery is not so costly in my country and the happy news is that one of the company Recovered my Data. I got my data and now i am able to access it. Thank you very much to all of you for your valuable suggestions. I never thought that it can be recoverable after so many times formatted my HDD and even once i had deleted all my partition and reconstructed new.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:31:51 AM

I have lost my MEW ETH wallet private key and JSON file, now how can i recover it as i am having 0.15 ETH and 15k TKN token which is going to be listed next week. My full  1 month work is lost. Please help me in recovering my wallet private key. I only have ETH address with me.
Sorry for your loss but you should have been more careful and written your private key down in a diary or something or save it on a hard drive for you to be able use it when the need arise, I do not think you will be able to access this your funds again because you have lost the most vital information you need to access them. I know you have learnt your lesson from this and will keep necessary information safely next time.
Irvanremok

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:47:01 PM

to my knowledge if someone loses a private key to mew it is very difficult to get his back. even the wallet can no longer be used or lost.
sorry if i may ask why you could lose your private key do not you have it. it's your own carelessness in storing the goods I hope you can be more careful in storing your goods do not ever you careless. so you will not lose it again.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:18:33 PM

to my knowledge if someone loses a private key to mew it is very difficult to get his back. even the wallet can no longer be used or lost.
sorry if i may ask why you could lose your private key do not you have it. it's your own carelessness in storing the goods I hope you can be more careful in storing your goods do not ever you careless. so you will not lose it again.

Json file also can be used to decrypt the wallet but this scenario he missed both the things so we cannot able to help him with any ideas. I check the wallet fund using the ethereum blockchain explorer. Simply with the address I can check the tokens and ethereum I have in that wallet.

I hope you may save the private key in your computer or phone devices. This is the maximum pratice of this forum people. So check there with the public address by searching it. I and sure you will get the private key to access it.
btcdevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:49:16 PM

Data Recovery is not so costly in my country and the happy news is that one of the company Recovered my Data. I got my data and now i am able to access it. Thank you very much to all of you for your valuable suggestions. I never thought that it can be recoverable after so many times formatted my HDD and even once i had deleted all my partition and reconstructed new.

Above message i posted that i have got my data and even then their are two comments feeling sorry for me. This shows that how much users use to read the thread and comments. Just to make post for their campaign , they read the OP comment and start commenting without taking time to read the last some messages and think of replying on that .

cryptolord5

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:12:20 PM

yes is a possible way which you recover your lost private key but i don't have to disclose it here.. so if you don't mind you can write me and will both agree and i will proceed the recovery for you. you can telegram me @hopeson_harrison
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:16:52 PM

Above message i posted that i have got my data and even then their are two comments feeling sorry for me. This shows that how much users use to read the thread and comments. Just to make post for their campaign , they read the OP comment and start commenting without taking time to read the last some messages and think of replying on that .

Expect those things yet this forum do have lots of spammers just to reply everynow and then without even minding on the recent update of op which the issue had been resolved already but still continuing to post in regards with this matter. If you dont like for further replies you can always lock this thread. Im glad that you do able to recover those files even the hard drive is been reformatted for how many times.

yes is a possible way which you recover your lost private key but i don't have to disclose it here.. so if you don't mind you can write me and will both agree and i will proceed the recovery for you. you can telegram me @hopeson_harrison
Including this one, didnt read up the recent post and still recommending to pm him on telegram?

SlavSL

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 06:19:12 PM

that's all bro, it's gone to enternity ufortunally...(
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:17:06 PM

Sorry about that,  you cannot access the Mew again,  just open a new one and move on, paper wallet is kinda best option for saving your private key,  you ought to have written it in up to  3 bookS for safety
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:29:59 AM

I think you should be willing to lose ETH and other tokens because you can not do anything but surrender to the circumstances. and now re-create MEW wallet and record your private key and save and copy your JSON file to save

btcdevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Still their are so many users who are replying the same shit without reading my recent reply

" I HAVE RECOVERED MY WALLET THROUGH ONE OF DATA RECOVERY SERVICE SO NOW I DONT NEED ANYONE'S SYMPATHY"

It is now better that i should lock this thread if not more spam users will start commenting same shit.

Thanks for above all who helped me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: