Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the merit system be removed by BTT in future?  (Read 798 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:39:26 PM

This was the top question right after the merit system started to work and if you didn't read it - No, merit won't be removed from the forum or became easier to earn. All top users of the forum said so and Im used to believe in that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:00:26 PM

As we all know since the merit system It has been very controversial fact on this forum. According to my experience, it is not easy to get merits on BTT. I have got 9 merits so far but I am dying to get one more merit to be a member. meanwhile, there are plenty of people who have not got even single merit.

I think BTT followed Reddit karma system introducing the merit system But I am afraid whether it works in a similar way to Reddit. Obviously, getting karma on Reddit is not this much harder. Therefore, even though the intention is good everybody doubts now, whether the merit system works as everybody thought at the beginning.

I admit it is important to maintain the quality of this forum But I am not sure Merit system is the answer for it. Will BTT introduce any other system in future instead of the merit system?

NO!

And never been controversial. It works fine from the day 1.
Update>
Looking trough your post history is enough for me. Better move to Reddit if you like the system there

New update > Your Merit history, thanks to LoyceV

Fri May 11 03:52:32 2018: 1 from Your Point Is Invalid (history)for Re: I got merits, lots of them - do you want some??
Thu Feb 22 17:55:04 2018: 5 from QuestionAuthority (history)for  How should digital accounts be handled after you pass away?
Mon Feb 12 10:20:15 2018: 2 from JayJuanGee (history)for Re: Merit & new rank requirements
Tue Jan 30 03:37:50 2018: 1 from miang (history)for Philippines SEC Plans to Regulate Cryptocurrencies, ICOs

Working link here> http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/1402754.html

I would like to know what was your rank before the merit system introduced?

KR$N

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:01:23 PM

As we all know since the merit system It has been very controversial fact on this forum. According to my experience, it is not easy to get merits on BTT.
Your experience is not the only viable point of view. It probably wouldn't have been implemented in the first place, if there was a chance of it getting canceled. Previous replies explain exactly why. It was for a reason, is and will be there for these reasons. It's probably getting changed, but never canceled.

I'm part of a movement to make the forums better.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:01:01 PM

The Possibility to take the power of merit is the possibility to ruin the appetite of those who really have the heart to learn more about cryptocurrency in this forum,  haven't you see the people that has merits even without reaching the specific suited rank to their account? They earn merits because their post is a contribution to learners and is not eye irritating to read.

Heard about nullius? That guy post is really worth reading and is really deserving to earn merits.
 Check the whole section of this forum, don't be a lost sheep.

newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:17:27 PM

you are saying that you are good quality poster , look at your post history , you are bounty hunter and how you quote the post to take part and creating long threads. i was checking your post history , if your any thread is worth let me share 1 merit for you. but you did not deserve for this as it comes under twitter bounty spammer.

your post before feb 2018 was good dont know how you become spammer now. please make quality post.

you have received 5 merit points for copy paste post in bitcoin discussion main thread (but this post related to press section )
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2999491.0

and read what you wrote here

I didn't have any knowledge about Crypto world. So I opened many threads and responded for comments asking questions etc.. This all happened at the beginning. Now I don't have to make posts like that.
No matter how many posts you published earlier It takes 14 days to calculate activity amount. Now even though you enough activities still you need merit. So  chance is very less to up rank. I think this system has to be modified..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg30148962#msg30148962

please follow the rules and do not Argue with others. get some knowledge about crypto by reading it not copy pasting
Real14Hero

Activity: 952
Merit: 576

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:24:58 PM

you are saying that you are good quality poster , look at your post history , you are bounty hunter and how you quote the post to take part and creating long threads. i was checking your post history , if your any thread is worth let me share 1 merit for you. but you did not deserve for this as it comes under twitter bounty spammer.

your post before feb 2018 was good dont know how you become spammer now. please make quality post.

you have received 5 merit points for copy paste post in bitcoin discussion main thread (but this post related to press section )
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2999491.0

and read what you wrote here

I didn't have any knowledge about Crypto world. So I opened many threads and responded for comments asking questions etc.. This all happened at the beginning. Now I don't have to make posts like that.
No matter how many posts you published earlier It takes 14 days to calculate activity amount. Now even though you enough activities still you need merit. So  chance is very less to up rank. I think this system has to be modified..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg30148962#msg30148962

please follow the rules and do not Argue with others. get some knowledge about crypto by reading it not copy pasting
He never said his quality is good.
He just made the thread most probably in order to beg for 1 merit that he is looking to rank up.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:15:50 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 10:44:09 AM by iasenko
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I was a regular member with 10 initial merit.
Now it seems today I reached my activity for Sr. Member and I need a 9 merit to rank up. I don't really care when/if I'm gonna get those merit /I'll be happy to change my avatar, tho/, but I can say from my experience, the merit system is working good - if someone like me - just an ordinary guy can get 230 merit from Jan til July with my gibberish English, that sounds worse than cockney, I'm sure that everyone can do it.
There is one difference - I'm not a bounty freak.
The signature campaign I've joined are to collect some coins to open some LN channels when my LN node is up and running... Wife is not happy if i use money from the family budget. (Well, I have bought some BTC last summer with real money, not by shitposting)
Maybe there's one more difference, I have a well paid full time job, and the crypto is just a hobby!
So guess what, we have different priorities here.

Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:26:39 PM

So why did you leave your bounty reporting activity and created a thread here about merit system? You have wasted your time, you could have made 2 more reports instead of this thread creation.

A common attribute observed among all the members who are creating some random threads in meta complaining about merit

1. Create a thread in Meta complaining about Merit.
2. Never reply to any of the harsh criticism they face in their thread.
3. Resuming their bounty reporting work.

Even after facing such criticism why don't you guys lock the thread?

Please use snip while quoting long replies. He was a member when merit was introduced and he received over 200+ merits in a span of 5 months. Now what are you gonna do by knowing this?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:38:52 PM
Merited by friends1980 (1)

I think the main problem with the merit system is that we don't have enough threads complaining about it.

Do you know how Satoshi created Bitcoin? He complained about it on the intertubes and someone did it for him. True story. I made it up myself.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:23:28 PM

Here's the question that intrigues me - will the merit system cause all the pinheads to eventually fall away or will wave after new wave simply continue smacking their heads against brick walls in the dogged pursuit of merit forever?

It has made the decent posters stand out. It unquestionably is working in that aspect. It hasn't stopped the torrents of mindless feculence in any way I can detect.

I think at some point merit has to be taken a little further in terms of it being a gateway to accessing certain areas. I never really got why newbie jail is no longer a thing. There's hints of it with certain sig campaigns only accepting certain levels. It feels more like a beginning than the full solution.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:58:12 PM

Yeah, I admit, last few months I contributed for bounty campaigns to earn some free tokens. So I had no time to make posts regularly. Sooner I will stop hunting bounty campaigns and hopefully looking forward to contributing for the forum as before. everyone's comments warmly welcome. Thank you.

Unlitinated

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

It’s obvious that Merit system helps to maintain the venue much cleaner reducing posts with rubbish. Anyway still possible to make a spam for anyone and that’s not yet controlled. Due to the fact that there are a number of bounty hunters striving for easy money, it’s the source of different kind of rubbish. In my opinion to make a rounded environment it’s necessary to setup a strict rules in terms of posting with limitation for non-history users.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:20:37 PM

According to my experience, it is not easy to get merits on BTT. I have got 9 merits so far but I am dying to get one more merit to be a member.
I know it's not easy to rank up (I know the struggle dude) but now look what you are, you finally become a Member so congratulations! After all of these, can't you still see that Merit System is working and is not a hindrance at all? If so then ask yourself again Smiley.
I admit it is important to maintain the quality of this forum But I am not sure Merit system is the answer for it. Will BTT introduce any other system in future instead of the merit system?
I respect your opinion but if merit system is not the right answer then may I know your suggestion? Grin If you don't have or you have one but less feasible then much better if you will now start accepting and getting used to what we have right now. 
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:29:51 AM

I was a regular member with 10 initial merit.
Now it seems today I reached my activity for Sr. Member and I need a 9 merit to rank up. I don't really care when/if I'm gonna get those merit /I'll be happy to change my avatar, tho/, but I can say from my experience, the merit system is working good - if someone like me - just an ordinary guy can get 230 merit from Jan til July with my gibberish English, that sounds worse than cockney, I'm sure that everyone can do it.
There is one difference - I'm not a bounty freak.
The signature campaign I've joined are to collect some coins to open some LN channels when my LN node is up and running... Wife is not happy if i use money from the family budget. (Well, I have bought some BTC last summer with real money, not by shitposting)
Maybe these one more difference, I have a well paid full time job, and the crypto is just a hobby!
So guess what, we have different priorities here.

Oh that's a great achievement, you have ranked up to Sr. member from member. You have done well

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 09:41:45 AM

It’s obvious that Merit system helps to maintain the venue much cleaner reducing posts with rubbish.
It's obvious that you dont know why the merit system was created and what its original objective was. Cleaning up diarrhoea posts is the work of mods and is not controlled by merit system. The latter is for ranking up.

Anyway still possible to make a spam for anyone and that’s not yet controlled.
Merit was not created to control spam. Like you for example.

Due to the fact that there are a number of bounty hunters striving for easy money, it’s the source of different kind of rubbish. In my opinion to make a rounded environment it’s necessary to setup a strict rules in terms of posting with limitation for non-history users.
Stop blabbering like an incoherent monkey. If you keep posting shit like this then dont expect to get any merits but welcome to the ignore lists of all the merit sources.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
simonova

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:17:02 PM

As we all know since the merit system It has been very controversial fact on this forum. According to my experience, it is not easy to get merits on BTT. I have got 9 merits so far but I am dying to get one more merit to be a member. meanwhile, there are plenty of people who have not got even single merit.

I think BTT followed Reddit karma system introducing the merit system But I am afraid whether it works in a similar way to Reddit. Obviously, getting karma on Reddit is not this much harder. Therefore, even though the intention is good everybody doubts now, whether the merit system works as everybody thought at the beginning.

Now that you have got that 1 merit, will you take this suggestion back ? Coming back to your suggestion, don't you think that this should be implemented based on overall picture and not just because of difficulty faced by one member.

In case a new system is introduced here, it should be in addition to the merit system. So much work done for merit system will go in vain otherwise.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 01:33:12 AM

And never been controversial.

My thoughts exactly.  The only people complaining about it are the ones who do not care about this forum.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
evelyne.theresia1

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:33:57 AM

what is more likely to happen if the merit system fails is signatures are to be removed completely and that will then solve all our troubles with the ranking system here because people only care about ranks for signature campaigns and bounties.
Thought I'd just put your quote in bold for those who have trouble reading.

OP struggles with English, and in addition his post uses far more words than are necessary to get his point across.  That could be why he's not receiving as many merits as he thinks he should have gotten. 

There are other fixes that can be tried before the merit system is declared a failure, but that's obviously up to Theymos.  More merit sources in general, more in the local boards, etc., might alleviate some of the frustration of people who've been waiting to rank up.  I'm sure there are people who make good posts and don't get merits when they should, but I don't know if that's rare or not.  Sometimes I think the good posters get merits consistently, while the awful ones locked in their rate of merit-getting right at the start.  The latter seem incapable of improving.

I think merit like a natural selection. although I'm stuck on Jr. Member but it's okay for me. It mean I need to help other member to solve some problem or made a good quality post on this forum Cheesy
susi02

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:57:16 PM

The merit system has recently been implemented at Bitcointalk.org and is well aimed at improving the quality of this forum. Therefore the merit system is not possible to be deleted at this time as long as the effect is positive. And if the merit is difficult to obtain the possibility we still need guidance from the seniors to get merit.

nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:41:10 AM

The merit system has recently been implemented at Bitcointalk.org and is well aimed at improving the quality of this forum.

Agree to this one.  The merit system is only active for just a few months (we can say that this is just its honeymoon period) hence we cannot judge as of the moment if it is effective or not.  I think we need more time to make our conclusion regarding the merit system.  However, the question is how long will that time be?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: