Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is the minimum capital to start making a mining rig ?  (Read 281 times)
Braydean (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:58:29 AM

Does anyone here give some info on how much will be the minimum capital to build mining rig ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:06:55 PM

Mining what algo? You could buy a USB stick for less than $100 and start mining, or mine XMR with PC parts from a skip. These won't make much/any profit, but they're very cheap.

If you mean a gpu rig, depends what algos, therefore which cards, therefore a cost per card (also system requirements may vary slightly).

Also depends if you want to buy new or 2nd hand hardware, with the different risk profiles, resale values and upfront cost benefits therein.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:30:49 PM

Also depends how many cards you want to have and what your definition of a mining rig is- some people might call a rig 2 cards, some 8. Truth is we really can't answer you with such an ambiguous question- you need to give us some basic idea of what you would consider to be a rig, like 6 cards or 8 cards, Nvidia 1000 series or AMD Polaris. The Computer Hardware section and also this section should give you a basic idea of what most rigs look like. If you show us an example we can give you a quote.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:45:10 PM

What are you planning to mine (what algorithms)? What is your goal? How many and what type of GPUs? How big is your space?
I am not a big fan of low cost self made rigs, that saves you money when you start but in a long term will turn out to be inefficient. Give us some more input data, then this conversation will be more productive.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
Braydean (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:59:29 PM

Also depends how many cards you want to have and what your definition of a mining rig is- some people might call a rig 2 cards, some 8. Truth is we really can't answer you with such an ambiguous question- you need to give us some basic idea of what you would consider to be a rig, like 6 cards or 8 cards, Nvidia 1000 series or AMD Polaris. The Computer Hardware section and also this section should give you a basic idea of what most rigs look like. If you show us an example we can give you a quote.

Wow thankyou soo much for the good feedback sir your links can help me a lot to find what do i exactly need.
Braydean (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:01:44 PM

What are you planning to mine (what algorithms)? What is your goal? How many and what type of GPUs? How big is your space?
I am not a big fan of low cost self made rigs, that saves you money when you start but in a long term will turn out to be inefficient. Give us some more input data, then this conversation will be more productive.

I am planning to start 6 gpu how much will be the possible cost of 6 gpu ?
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:41:20 PM

What people are telling you is what you are asking is like asking how much a car costs.  I could buy a 1994 beater for 500.00 that runs and gets me from point A to B or a 2018 Ferrari. 

A GPU rig is a computer with multiple video cards.  Go on Newegg or ebay and price the parts you want to use.  You could use new or used parts.  You could mine with 1050TIs or 1080TIs.  Hundreds of dollars difference. 

You need a mining motherboard, a power supply, a processor, memory, hard drive, risers, (monitor, mouse, keyboard, way to mount the mining motherboard), then you need which ever GPU you chose to use. 

You also need to know how to put it together.

From there you need to get it running and stable.  GPU mining is more of a hobby rather than money maker.  We GPU mine just because we like it.  If someone new wanted to get into crypto and mining I would NOT recommend building a rig knowing nothing.  Currently, I can buy a ASIC miner for less than a video card on ebay.  I could then just mine and use the coins earned to purchase the coins I wanted or reinvest into new gear (ASIC or GPU). 

You can buy a D3 or L3 for 200.00 on ebay with the power supply.  All you would have to do is plug it in, set it up, and you are mining.  It takes hours to get a GPU rig up and stable.  There is also a large cost with GPU mining vs. small cost for ASIC currently. 

Just a few things to consider.....
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:47:30 PM

Does anyone here give some info on how much will be the minimum capital to build mining rig ?

My suggestion: FORGET IT

Everyone is already selling their rigs today because GPU mining is on it's way out. Profits are barely there and there doesn't seem to be indication that they are coming back. ASICs are not going away and are here to stay. If you buy a mining rig it will no longer be for profit but instead for fun only.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Braydean (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:11:13 AM

What people are telling you is what you are asking is like asking how much a car costs.  I could buy a 1994 beater for 500.00 that runs and gets me from point A to B or a 2018 Ferrari. 

A GPU rig is a computer with multiple video cards.  Go on Newegg or ebay and price the parts you want to use.  You could use new or used parts.  You could mine with 1050TIs or 1080TIs.  Hundreds of dollars difference. 

You need a mining motherboard, a power supply, a processor, memory, hard drive, risers, (monitor, mouse, keyboard, way to mount the mining motherboard), then you need which ever GPU you chose to use. 

From there you need to get it running and stable.  GPU mining is more of a hobby rather than money maker.  We GPU mine just because we like it.  If someone new wanted to get into crypto and mining I would NOT recommend building a rig knowing nothing.  Currently, I can buy a ASIC miner for less than a video card on ebay.  I could then just mine and use the coins earned to purchase the coins I wanted or reinvest into new gear (ASIC or GPU). 

You can buy a D3 or L3 for 200.00 on ebay with the power supply.  All you would have to do is plug it in, set it up, and you are mining.  It takes hours to get a GPU rig up and stable.  There is also a large cost with GPU mining vs. small cost for ASIC currently. 

I appreciate your idea sir ! So its better to buy ASIC miner than GPU RIGS ?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:02:33 AM

I appreciate your idea sir ! So its better to buy ASIC miner than GPU RIGS ?

From the thoughts given

its basically depends on each perspective

a lot of considerations and cant actually decide for other persons taste

an ASIC might be a good choice given a perfect environment budget and risk factors

this is also true with GPU with a good resale value advantage

edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:29:34 AM
Merited by suchmoon (5), jillscarbrough (2)

Does anyone here give some info on how much will be the minimum capital to build mining Rig ?
This budget estimate might have to be prepared:
■ Motherboard BIOSTAR TB250 (6xGPU) $75
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138449&cm_re=biostar_tb250_btc-_-13-138-449-_-Product

■ Processor Intel Celeron G3920 $39
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29C64H3087&cm_re=Celeron_%28LGA1151%29-_-19-117-619-_-Product

■ RAM GeIL Pristine 4GB 288-Pin DDR4  $38
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820158035&cm_re=ddr4_ram_4gb-_-20-158-035-_-Product

■ SSD SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128D 128GB (refurbished) $44
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD6WV3661&cm_re=ssd_128GB-_-9SIA5AD6WV3661-_-Product

■ USB Riser  VER008C Riser $14 (adjust with the amount of GPUs)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC5C70U2483&cm_re=USB_Riser_VER008C-_-9SIAC5C70U2483-_-Product

■ PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ $149 (adjust with the amount of GPUs)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438134&cm_re=evga_1000w-_-17-438-134-_-Product

■ Thermal Gel Deepcool Z9 $7
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856011

■ GPUs
NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 1070  $469
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265&cm_re=1070-_-14-487-265-_-Product

AMD RX580 8GB $279
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137290&cm_re=RX580_8GB-_-14-137-290-_-Product

NiklasFalk

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:19:25 PM

Buy a used rig with some small cards (1050ti, 560s etc) to get some experience without blowing to much cash.
You will not earn noticeable coins but you will get experience.
If you think it will be more fun with bigger cards, sell the small ones.
A 6x1050ti rig should be (a lot) less than $1k.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:56:18 AM

yes, I agree if buying the secondhand will save a little money but a few things to note:

1. Ask for personal warranty for 1 weeks/3 days

2. if I always replace the GPU processor paste like this: (e.g AMD card and Z9 thermal paste)

because we don't know how long the GPU has not replaced paste processor and used for what before (except if seller telling the truth)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: