Bitcoin Forum
January 23, 2017, 08:32:31 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for Firefow/chrome/opera plugin  (Read 1164 times)
istar

Activity: 524

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 12:33:29 PM

How about a Bitcoin plugin for those, that allows you to click on a bitcoin adress and select how many bitcoins you want to give/send to that adress.

Something like Richard Stallman described in his speach a few years ago.

Yes, you can open your wallet and copy/paste in the adress. But a plugin that allows you to just click, would make it even easier and also would show the world what Bitcoins are for.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 12:59:10 PM

I think that's a wonderful idea, but I suspect that implementing it securely would involve a continual negotiation of a maze of twisty little html/javascript/CSRF/etc. vulnerabilities, all subtly different.
m3ta

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 01:36:18 AM

*Googling "firefow"*

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
deslok

Activity: 448

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:43:38 AM

*Googling "firefow"*

normally i'd say it's a typo but ... looks at keyboard too far apart firefoe on the other hand is a formidable typo indeed

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:55:50 AM

Shouldn't be too hard just send RPC commands into the Bitcoin client. But I guess that could be a security problem as well too scince a program could be scanning the ram or somthing lol I dont know knowing about C++ application security....
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 09:30:58 AM

How about a Bitcoin plugin for those, that allows you to click on a bitcoin adress and select how many bitcoins you want to give/send to that adress.

Something like Richard Stallman described in his speach a few years ago.

Yes, you can open your wallet and copy/paste in the adress. But a plugin that allows you to just click, would make it even easier and also would show the world what Bitcoins are for.

https://github.com/hach-que/Collate
error

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:24:33 PM

Shouldn't be too hard just send RPC commands into the Bitcoin client. But I guess that could be a security problem as well too scince a program could be scanning the ram or somthing lol I dont know knowing about C++ application security....

There isn't any. You have to provide your own. Smiley

15UFyv6kfWgq83Pp3yhXPr8rknv9m6581W
msb8r

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 09:38:15 AM

*Googling "firefow"*

normally i'd say it's a typo but ... looks at keyboard too far apart firefoe on the other hand is a formidable typo indeed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY

New Bitcoin directory @ http://btcdir.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.