Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Views on When to Sell  (Read 654 times)
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:43:22 AM

2 days ago I was trade LOC token and take profit 100% but after that the price keep rising to 500% , so I miss profit another 400%. So that mean is hard to predict how high the price will go when up trend. In this month a lot of altcoin was going up to more than 200% but I think just a little bit trader can make that profit. The more important thing in trading is avoid loss by use stop loss.

Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:07:58 AM

This is incredible I must say , it really show some perfection in how we could trade as a day or long term trader or even medium, I do most especially if I see a coin trying to break the breaking point which is I very strong signal to buy in most time.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:39:11 AM

Buying of coins is very easy. Anybody can buy and claim to be a trader. But the real issue is when to sell. When is the right time to sell after buying a coin? Sometimes you can be on profit and you will be tempted to leave your trade open for more profit and that's where the problem comes in. Once you are profit, sell off. Better with little gain than nothing a all. Don't be greedy when trading.

It isn't a problem. Greed can be cured. Obviously, you buy low and sell high, if it's done correctly there is no problem taking place. If (while already in profits) people leave a trade open with the hope to earn a few more percentages but finally didn't. It just a bad trade. Doing it repeatedly make you a bad trader  Tongue
The easiest way greed can even be cured is when you have the knowledge and you know how to manage yourself well in the space, considering the fact that there is absolutely no way you can deal with your own emotions in the market when you do not even have a strategy in the first place.

When to sell, is always dependent on that strategy and how well you are able to execute them without any emotional attachment which greed could end up being one of those emotional attachments. What generally makes you a bad trader is trying to not let your plans work it out, but you just keep drifting over and over.
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:15:19 AM

I always have one rule for this. I work for my bitcoins, which means I do not buy bitcoin. I have been in this bitcoin and crypto market over 6 years now and never purchased a single bitcoin in my entire life, yet I still do not sell under certain prices. For example, if I need money, I sell my bitcoins and pay my bills, get food, pay for a movie, get a new game and so forth, I basically live with the bitcoin income.

However whatever is left in bitcoin, I do not cash that out, I cash about 25 dollars or so every time I need money and spend it and when its over I cash out another 25 dollars and keep doing this. Sometimes I have no expenses, sometimes there are some extra ones and life goes on like that.

No matter what the reason is I do not sell the rest and keep them in bitcoin. However when bitcoin reaches to a new "all time high" price I always sell all of it. Last time it was at around 20k I sold all I made from 8 thousand to 20 thousand, every single cent I earned I sold it right away.
Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:28:21 AM

The market can be somewhat trickish atimes, but applying certain disciplinary controls is required to stay afloat. The market could play a fast one when one is waiting for a break even and suddenly comes a dump and when someone thinks he has bought the dip and the coin dumps further. Sometimes these analysis do not work
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

Good analysis and suggestions, but its really hard to predict the sentiments of a coin, there are lots of factors which cannot be predicted easily. People tend to go with the bullish trend and sell for small profits these days.
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:41:54 AM

Buying of coins is very easy. Anybody can buy and claim to be a trader. But the real issue is when to sell. When is the right time to sell after buying a coin? Sometimes you can be on profit and you will be tempted to leave your trade open for more profit and that's where the problem comes in. Once you are profit, sell off. Better with little gain than nothing a all. Don't be greedy when trading.

It isn't a problem. Greed can be cured. Obviously, you buy low and sell high, if it's done correctly there is no problem taking place. If (while already in profits) people leave a trade open with the hope to earn a few more percentages but finally didn't. It just a bad trade. Doing it repeatedly make you a bad trader  Tongue
The easiest way greed can even be cured is when you have the knowledge and you know how to manage yourself well in the space, considering the fact that there is absolutely no way you can deal with your own emotions in the market when you do not even have a strategy in the first place.

When to sell, is always dependent on that strategy and how well you are able to execute them without any emotional attachment which greed could end up being one of those emotional attachments. What generally makes you a bad trader is trying to not let your plans work it out, but you just keep drifting over and over.

I think it is not a very big issue as when to sell. You definitely know your initial worth of investment and you also know your final worth of investment-the time when you are unable to decide what to do so simple is the fact that if you can make profit in the business, better sell it. There is really no need to be a pray of ambiguity and everything is very clear if you are willing to make profit. It is that simple. Plus addition of money in the form of profit makes more money so better stay motivated that you will cash more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: