Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Delays in transaction -ETH and ERC20  (Read 537 times)
sandraonas (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 01:05:27 PM

There has been s much strain on the ethereum network causing an increase in transaction fees and delays in transactions.Why so much delays,my transaction has been stuck for over 6 hours now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:10:25 PM

If you have noticed then you will see the prices of Gwei has been risen a lot since week now. This is all because of the network congestion. Now at the time of your transaction the Gwei might have been set to default price of 41 Gwei but the actual required or safe Gwei might have been more than that. It means you paid less fees and thus your block will confirmed after very long period of time.

You can check the Gwei current prices, safe Gwei limit to set at the time of your transaction here : https://ethgasstation.info
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:13:01 PM

It has been caused by a spike in tranfers of Tokens that are trying to get listed on FCoin. To get listed on FCoin you need users to vote for you by transferring a single Token to FCoin. You may have also noticed a whole bunch of Tokens have arrived in your account recently that you never asked for. This Token Spam is caused by companies trying to get more people to vote for them. I have been reporting the Tokens that are Token Spamming to etherscan so that they will be marked as spam to try and discourage this behaviour. Etherscan told me if they get multiple complaints they will take action.

anhkhoavba79@gmail.com

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:13:44 PM

Today I also sent a token to my friend but the price of gas was too high.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:29:19 PM

This will always fluctuate.

Remeber the cryto kittens!!!

This is just part and parcel of being in Crypto.
SoloMoney

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:01:32 PM

The delay is big because you set a small value for GAS or GWEI. Do not be greedy and do not change the recommended values.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 10:23:19 AM

This is because so many project use their network to write smart contract and run ICO, currently Ethereum only possible to process about 20 transaction persecond, but the team founder Vitalik Buterin already has plan to increase scalability of Ethereum by plasma and sharding which will possible to proccess amillion transaction persecond. And we should be wait and give support for this continue development of ETH to be much better.

lajtman

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

I don't worry about delays because they are not significant for me. The more important role for me plays security and reliability so time is not the key-aspect.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:08:52 PM

There was a similar delay in the transactions in the December of Last Year due to cryptokitties. As other members have pointed out, it's most probably due to the Fcoin exchange and it's airdrop issues. Due to the high amount of spamming with airdrop coins this clogging of the network took place which further increased the transaction fees very high. The transaction fees rose from 0.01$ up-to 1$ per eth transactions. There was a problem with the miners due to the high amount of transactions which were to be processed but less block limit.

This clogging up or the increase in the number of transactions made the miners to accept only transactions which has higher fees. Due to this incident, the transactions which had lesser value were stored in the mempool and processed later.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:53:17 PM

I’m not sure why a lot of people complain about this
When your transaction does not go through
All you have to do is simply increase your gas and gwei and have a faster experience with Etherum

It’s the best platform with a cheap sending fee
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1586

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:51:30 PM

You have to make sure that you have checked in gasstation first before committing to a gas price. You don´t give much information about the params of your Tx so we can´t really say anything useful.

d2s4

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:20:30 AM

This problem is very actual for me and I am disappointed with these cases. I see delays not so often but there always are not in the suitable time for me.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
redoxet

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:52:21 PM

Delays in Ethereum transactions are associated with increased overload in the system, you can cope with such a load with the help of miners.
Genjik

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:15:44 PM

There has been s much strain on the ethereum network causing an increase in transaction fees and delays in transactions.Why so much delays,my transaction has been stuck for over 6 hours now.
Ethereum currently only allows to process about 20 transactions, which can be sure you better increase gas and gwei You could be years ahead will be stable again and can be lucky for you
Good luck

🗣 Voice Controlled Ai Trading Assistant 👨‍💻 Portfolio Manager
📊 Analytics  ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬• https://aibb.io •▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
garciacarral

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:12:29 PM

Delays are normal events, I am the supporter of idea that time doesn't metter here despite security and being calm of your moves with money at all.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:16:43 PM

I also noticed same delay and loss of ether as transaction fee for a little token which never reached it destination. I think there is a fork going on at Ethererum platform  because the scalability is now very low and sometimes not even working. I hope the developers are watching  on the market to know what next to do.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:19:24 PM

Delay is a normal thing. I think the problem of delay has been solved. Grin
At present, ETH's block network is not congested, so 3GWEI can be set up to turn out normally.

Valay9836

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:44:02 PM

I think this is due to the large number of transactions there is a possibility of failure but very small
iamwagner

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:54:34 PM

It was really backed up last night and this morning.  Standard gas fee was 61 Gewi.  I accidentally sent a transaction with 5.  I waited about 24hrs for that to go through but no dice. 
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:55:26 PM

It is almost a normal trend especially when the network is clogged with too many transactions all trying to happen at the same time. And at such there is bound to be delays in the confirmation of transaction time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: