Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam scam scam!!  (Read 479 times)
psoo7 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 07:11:53 AM by psoo7

Some red flags for the beginners in the crypto world! Make sure to check these red flags before investing in any ICO.

1.CLAIMS OF HIGH, GUARANTEED RETURNS.
2.CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS.  (check their SNS where announcements are made to make sure they are genuine).
3.CLAIMS OF “SEC-COMPLIANT” (guarantees that their coins will trade on an SEC-compliant exchange where you can buy and sell them for profit)
4. INVESTING WITH A CREDIT CARD.
5. PUMP AND DUMP SCAMS.(Tempting you with guaranteed gains with pumps and dumps during pre ico to crowd sale)
6.Team members without any social profile. if they provide be sure to check the genuinity on basis of followers and background.
7.Language( grammar is correct or not)

and if you have done these (or not)  BE SURE TO READ THE WHITEPAPER!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:38:25 PM

1. In any type of investment that guarantees high profits it's an indication that you are investing to a soon-to-be-scam investment.
2. Well, not all of them are scam.
3. That's just too unreal.
4. It's a no for me, don't ever use your credit card investing to such without knowing the consequences of using it.
5. All of those pump and dump coins are scams and also pump and dump groups.
6. Some teams are really valuing anonymity but better to rely with real people.
7. Yes, it's unprofessional if the language/grammar is too broke.

Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 03:06:40 PM

First of all, I'm checking team of the project. Top managers must be found in social and this must be live accs with real people with family, friends. I don't believe that anyone no doesn't exist anywhere in the social media. If I found nothing this is pure scam at 99.99%. You can try google search by photo of the team.

RasicaOla12

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:22:30 PM

I often hear from people who always mention phishing scam or maybe they will be really successful and honestly we think about this issue I think cheating cheat will not exist repeatedly.
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 04:06:03 PM

Many ICOs are scam but what I've been worrying about is exit scams, I know some projects I've invested in will be exit scams but I can neither sell them nor predict what is going to happen  Cheesy

hasna17

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

I'm tired of hearing about fraud,
this should be anticipated and needs to be investigated in depth until its roots
or if necessary should be enacted new rules and laws regarding this case,
because the more prevalent occurred in the world crypto,that attacked like a plant-eating pest.
georgereyes

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:12:07 PM

Verified ICOs has a good blog post on what to look out for.

https://medium.com/@VerifiedICOs/look-out-for-these-things-before-investing-in-an-ico-b60408103425
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:21:55 PM

I do not like it when they praise themselves. High ratings are indicated from different sites, many awards. They also say huge plans, difficult to implement. This causes suspicion.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:45:57 PM

Some red flags for the beginners in the crypto world! Make sure to check these red flags before investing in any ICO.

2.CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS
3.CLAIMS OF “SEC-COMPLIANT” (guarantees that their coins will trade on an SEC-compliant exchange where you can buy and sell them for profit)
5. PUMP AND DUMP SCAMS.(Tempting you with guaranteed gains with pumps and dumps during pre ico to crowd sale)
6.Team members without any social profile. if they provide be sure to check the genuinity on basis of followers and background.

and if you have done these be sure to read the whitepaper!!

I don't know how long you've been in the space but celebrity endorsement is not wrong and does not make a project a scam also the issue of SEC-compliant is only an issue for US citizen, what about people from other part of the world. I hope you know scammers are getting smarter too. For me what I tell people is too only invest what they can afford to lose

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:06:07 PM

It's been a long time and a lot of suggestions and complaints from victims of fraud, based on the key to anticipate fraud, do not take direct steps to invest without knowing its true existence, fraud is always there, it's all a mistake yourself because it goes with confidence and ultimately fooled, then be patient this is a test for beginners.

ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:24:51 PM

Celebrity endorsement doesn't mean it's a scam, unless they do it without their knowledge! I prefer to look at ICOs where the team is completely public and not hiding behind a social media profile which was probably just created specifically for that ICO

jigzaheedcoin

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:50:09 PM

Celebrity endorsement doesn't mean it's a scam, unless they do it without their knowledge! I prefer to look at ICOs where the team is completely public and not hiding behind a social media profile which was probably just created specifically for that ICO
Why is celebrity endorsement involved? I guess all kinds of their advertisements where legit as it is. From beauty products down to food products,are all patronized by many buyers because of its effectiveness or so. How come celebrities are also part in ICO? I haven't heard of any especially in local. Well,I guess in some countries but not making a noise in social media.

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:07:55 AM

Almost all of these are correct however celebrity endorsement doesn't mean it is a scam. Haven't seen an ICO with a celebrity in it but for sure if it is endorsed they know how it works. I've seen a lot of ico scam with a lot of grammatical error on their site and it's funny indeed.

Nowadays, scammers are good that it is very hard to tell which is which even we did a lot of research about it that's why whenever I invest I will keep in mind that it's either I gain a lot or lose it all.
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:59:52 AM

To be honest, in recent years, almost all projects fall under all these criteria, this suggests that the ICO is full of scam.
cryptoadobo

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:01:05 AM

Yes scam scam scam everywhere even not in crypto industry. People are being greedy and scammer because there is involvement with financial stability. I hope some new projects will make a platform wherein scammers can be prevented and help trace them in some ways.
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:55:38 AM

1. In any type of investment that guarantees high profits it's an indication that you are investing to a soon-to-be-scam investment.
2. Well, not all of them are scam.
3. That's just too unreal.
4. It's a no for me, don't ever use your credit card investing to such without knowing the consequences of using it.
5. All of those pump and dump coins are scams and also pump and dump groups.
6. Some teams are really valuing anonymity but better to rely with real people.
7. Yes, it's unprofessional if the language/grammar is too broke.
Totally agree Smiley
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:56:43 AM

Noted!
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:59:58 AM

2.CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS

and if you have done these be sure to read the whitepaper!!

I don't know how long you've been in the space but celebrity endorsement is not wrong and does not make a project a scam also the issue of SEC-compliant is only an issue for US citizen, what about people from other part of the world. I hope you know scammers are getting smarter too. For me what I tell people is too only invest what they can afford to lose
edited ( for celebrity endorsements). Moreover I have just noted down some things which I have found common in most of the scams. Red flag doesnt means its  a scam but you have to be more careful and check for it.
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:02:25 AM

Edited : Celebrity endorsements ( (check their SNS where announcements are made to make sure they are genuine).
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:03:22 AM

To be honest, in recent years, almost all projects fall under all these criteria, this suggests that the ICO is full of scam.
Thats why you must do as much homework as you can do before investing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: