Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam scam scam!!  (Read 479 times)
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 07:09:01 AM

check out the whitepaper and the team. It is the basic things are certainly important but often is also very often overlooked by many people. information about the team and will be important for the sake of whitepaper project progressed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KirunBarber

Activity: 567
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:46:00 AM

the most important point, the team that moves in it is clear about his profile. in addition to the high flying hours, and has long been engaged in the field of crypto. many real movements are published in social media, and do not hesitate to work with other teams ...
and it's very difficult to get a team like that, but at least we've tried and minimize our ICO scam encounter.
good luck

▄▄▄        2LOCAL       |   Sustainability and Prosperity   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  SERNVI SES  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN OUR "Initial Exchange Offering"(IEO)   ███ ▌       ███||
|   WEB SITE  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
tunglong

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:55:19 AM

Some red flags for the beginners in the crypto world! Make sure to check these red flags before investing in any ICO.

1.CLAIMS OF HIGH, GUARANTEED RETURNS.
2.CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS.  (check their SNS where announcements are made to make sure they are genuine).
3.CLAIMS OF “SEC-COMPLIANT” (guarantees that their coins will trade on an SEC-compliant exchange where you can buy and sell them for profit)
4. INVESTING WITH A CREDIT CARD.
5. PUMP AND DUMP SCAMS.(Tempting you with guaranteed gains with pumps and dumps during pre ico to crowd sale)
6.Team members without any social profile. if they provide be sure to check the genuinity on basis of followers and background.
7.Language( grammar is correct or not)

and if you have done these (or not)  BE SURE TO READ THE WHITEPAPER!!
Hi, I agree with you and I have one more suggestion. If some ICO says that we need to send ETH for gas-free, Please don't do anything with them. Or they say that send ETH to get more ETH, It is truly scam.
ogabonny

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:59:03 AM

Thanks for sharing.  The most striking one for me is the claim of guaranteed returns or high profit
psoo7 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:11:02 AM

Some red flags for the beginners in the crypto world! Make sure to check these red flags before investing in any ICO.

2.CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS.  (check their SNS where announcements are made to make sure they are genuine).
3.CLAIMS OF “SEC-COMPLIANT” (guarantees that their coins will trade on an SEC-compliant exchange where you can buy and sell them for profit)
5. PUMP AND DUMP SCAMS.(Tempting you with guaranteed gains with pumps and dumps during pre ico to crowd sale)
6.Team members without any social profile. if they provide be sure to check the genuinity on basis of followers and background.

Hi, I agree with you and I have one more suggestion. If some ICO says that we need to send ETH for gas-free, Please don't do anything with them. Or they say that send ETH to get more ETH, It is truly scam.
Indeed a scam!
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:49:45 AM

Scams and frauds have been going around the ICO and cryptocurrency platform since this whole thing started many years ago. Those scammers which had been using the HYIP formats many years ago got so excited when they learned that they can do their trade in the ICO scene and instead of just defrauding thousands here they can do their thing in millions. These scammers have become the bad names for ICO and cryptocurrency in general and even the name of Bitcoin got smeared all because many are assuming that Bitcoin is connected with them. We should really be careful and those tips above can really help. As for me, I have been imposing a one-year sabbatical leave on buying new tokens but maybe next year can be different that is if there will be good projects worth supporting.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:56:50 AM

Your listing is really good and definitely useful for beginners. What I personally noticed is that bounty campaigns that are accepting newbies too are to 99% scam. Maybe that would be another point that you can write about your list.  Smiley
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:04:33 AM

the most important point, the team that moves in it is clear about his profile. in addition to the high flying hours, and has long been engaged in the field of crypto. many real movements are published in social media, and do not hesitate to work with other teams ...
and it's very difficult to get a team like that, but at least we've tried and minimize our ICO scam encounter.
good luck

There are many ways to check but most important is team. Top managers must be found in social and this must be live accs with real people with family, friends. I don't believe that anyone no doesn't exist anywhere in the social media. If I found nothing this is pure scam at 99.99%. You can try google search by photo of the team.
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:20:01 AM

Thank you for your tips, your article is comprehensive, but the best advice is not to invest in any ICO, because good ICO also has a great chance of failure!

davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

Yes, these are very good steps to take to avoid investing or participating in a scam project. You should also take your time to study the roadmap and broadsheet of the project, check the developer history, the manager's past achievements and history then follow your intuition.
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:40:11 AM

Your listing is really good and definitely useful for beginners. What I personally noticed is that bounty campaigns that are accepting newbies too are to 99% scam. Maybe that would be another point that you can write about your list.  Smiley
Yeah sure i will add up the point. This list was made to identify by just seeing their website. I will make list of Red Flags in a whitepaper too. Smiley
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:41:40 AM

Thank you for your tips, your article is comprehensive, but the best advice is not to invest in any ICO, because good ICO also has a great chance of failure!
yeah Cheesy that is the most safest way!
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:53:01 AM

There are really many scam on cryptocurrency but it is up to you on how to avoid them. What I do before I enter or invest into an ICO or project is that, I really read their backgrounds and also the road map of the ICO or the feedback of the people to this project so that I will be sure and make a good decision. As a part of crypto community, you must really know how to avoid scam and the secret is being a good researcher.
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:42:46 PM

I agree with #1 and reading the whitepaper is also a must before making any investments.
I also like to check their social media pages and see what they post about and if the projects have any proper content.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:51:31 PM

Self moderated thread is usually sign that something is wrong.
Chance for failure is always around you will never know if you don't invest, project could become big one day and it is worth of shot. Invest what you can afford to lose, last year people were selling their houses to buy bitcoins and where are they now, they have lost at least 60% of their investment.
psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:54:22 PM

Self moderated thread is usually sign that something is wrong.
Chance for failure is always around you will never know if you don't invest, project could become big one day and it is worth of shot. Invest what you can afford to lose, last year people were selling their houses to buy bitcoins and where are they now, they have lost at least 60% of their investment.
The first rule of investing- Invest what you can afford to loose! Because you only can do your part but still don't have control over how things eill go!
aggress0r

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:06:09 PM

Good!
I'd like to add - check the team properly. Google their existence and profiles in social networks (FB, LinkedIn).
Couple of scam projects were caught with wrong photos of their team (XeonFrame, Benebit etc.)
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 01:12:42 PM

If those ICOs are not scam, they can't offer high returns or talk about such things, most of projects even give no guarantee regarding exchange listing. I would rather suggest investing in solid projects.

psoo7 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:24:40 AM

If those ICOs are not scam, they can't offer high returns or talk about such things, most of projects even give no guarantee regarding exchange listing. I would rather suggest investing in solid projects.
Yes, They will not guarantee you atleast.
Vaccaria

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

Newb trying to act cool

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:42:43 AM

Thank you OP for making this post and starting this discussion. This will help the community grow. It's always sad to see new people who enters the crypto world get harmed by scams and dissuaded from exploring further.

Ponder in moderation.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: