Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2024, 08:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7th Feb has passed  (Read 759 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

As per news received from media and community. Some NRI filed notice to RBI asking clear stand on crypto-currencies. As we know, he planned to file PIL in High Court which requires one month time given to another party( in this case of government institution- RBI) before filing PIL application. What is the status? Did he receive any reply from government? I'm sure not. Now what? When he plans to knock court doors?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:49:06 PM

RBI is busy due to bank strikes  Grin jk

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

As per news received from media and community. Some NRI filed notice to RBI asking clear stand on crypto-currencies. As we know, he planned to file PIL in High Court which requires one month time given to another party( in this case of government institution- RBI) before filing PIL application. What is the status? Did he receive any reply from government? I'm sure not. Now what? When he plans to knock court doors?
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/rbi-examining-legal-security-aspects-of-bitcoins-fm/article5677205.ece

Was something sent to me few hours ago by Venugopal. Not sure if this is part of the 'action'.
He has also informed me that Naavi will be moving things to the higher courts through Chaitanya.

Vipul has introduced me to some lawyers across India who know about Bitcoin and who are willing to help with setting up of exchanges to the in-court battles if needed. I should be chatting with them over the course of the week to understand price points, etc.

Not sure how the RBI bits will turn out.. But there is a lot of movement in the background.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1216

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:50:12 PM

U provided a PDF doc or Word doc or a PPT to the IRS guys ?

thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:06:27 PM

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/rbi-examining-legal-security-aspects-of-bitcoins-fm/article5677205.ece

Was something sent to me few hours ago by Venugopal. Not sure if this is part of the 'action'.
He has also informed me that Naavi will be moving things to the higher courts through Chaitanya.

Vipul has introduced me to some lawyers across India who know about Bitcoin and who are willing to help with setting up of exchanges to the in-court battles if needed. I should be chatting with them over the course of the week to understand price points, etc.

Not sure how the RBI bits will turn out.. But there is a lot of movement in the background.

Do keep us in the loop about it if possible ... maybe a copy/update of some(all) conversations would be nice to read in one place. I think it will give a better perspective of how the lawyers are thinking with regards to different aspects.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

Do keep us in the loop about it if possible ... maybe a copy/update of some(all) conversations would be nice to read in one place. I think it will give a better perspective of how the lawyers are thinking with regards to different aspects.

Some or all conversations coming into the public domain is not going to happen. :p
But I will update as and when I can.

thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:13:13 PM

Some or all conversations coming into the public domain is not going to happen. :p
But I will update as and when I can.

Lol cool (not even some ?).. no worries .. maybe pms will do Wink
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:28:18 PM

U provided a PDF doc or Word doc or a PPT to the IRS guys ?
Yes provided a PDF doc. I am not sure i can share it as it was prepared on orders of IRS. I emailed that guy asking if i can share the doc but no reply from him yet.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████