Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First scam :)  (Read 417 times)
BraveSaw (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:34:14 PM

Some time ago I decided to participate in bounty programs. Started with airdrops, twitter and telegram campaigns and later took a look at signature campaigns in bitcointalk.
Created account, reached Jr.Member level and full of optimism applied for the first signature bounty without deep enough researches about the project. Even absence of info about team didn't stop me. How stupid I was.... The ICO turned out to be scam and no desirable tokens received of course Smiley

Do not be so stupid as me, read about project, take a look at the team, read whitepaper and check some ratings. It can save you from wasting you time for 4-8 weeks....

By the way.. how many scam ICOs have you participated?

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:39:15 PM

I think this happens to everyone who participated in bounty campaign especially in their early days. As you gain more experience, you can better distinguish which ones are likely to be scam and which ones are likely to be legit. But even with good experience, some would still fall to "soft cap not reached, no payment to bounty participants"
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 05:51:20 PM

I joined a lot of bounty campaigns and I don't even remember how many I have finished and how many are really paying and legitimate. All I can say is hustle hard mate, these times might be tough for you because you're quite new here but just hustle and you'll see your fruit of labor.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
airdrop21

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:52:42 PM

This is why I dont join a lot of bounty or airdrop or ICO unless I am very sure about the project.
You can easily get scammed here.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:55:57 PM

This is really common even if you have done your research. I have participated in bounties that never paid or the project was a scam and tokens are worthless now (e.g. Centra).
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:59:06 PM

I have not been able to participate in a large number of campaigns yet. To reduce the likelihood of participating in the scam campaign, I choose projects from well-known managers or groups of managers. This compensates for inexperience in the choice of bounty.

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:00:57 PM

I didn't participate in any scam ICO. That was my luck i suppose. The first time when i was scammed was on crypto world and i deposit bitcoins to a "cloud mining site" after 2 or 3 days i made the deposits site was no more available and never get back on, and not got my bitcoin back.

You always should choose ICO after many verification and check the team always. Is a hard work and sometimes you must be very open-eye to detect scams.
cryptomonotize

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:02:31 PM

SCAM ICOs are everywhere. Everyday I am hearing news about scam icos. This is becoming a severe problem also it is degrading the reputation of cryptocurrency. This needs an immediate solution.  
rysheeer

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:10:10 PM

I've participated 2 scam ICO's which is Uchit and Impressio, glad I've just joined their social media campaign because if I joined their signature campaign it would be a waste of time. I didn't made a deeper research that's why I got fooled on those ICO's.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:14:19 PM

Well that is totally your fault you fell for it. You saw that they did not give out any information about them publicly which is one the signs about them trying to scam people. But you still went on to join them knowing that they will scam, so you indirectly encouraged them to scam more people. Make sure next time you be careful and alert others if you think they are trying to scam.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:14:50 PM

Thats sad, I have faced two scam ICOs during 6 months of bounty hunting, one of them was GasFiles, I spend about 5 weeks for them and at the end they have just deleted all counts, they even haven't payed to the bounty manager.

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:15:11 PM

SCAM ICOs are everywhere. Everyday I am hearing news about scam icos. This is becoming a severe problem also it is degrading the reputation of cryptocurrency. This needs an immediate solution.  
you're absolutely right. more and more scam ico are in the crypto world. and many people are afraid to invest now. i won't invest in an ico anymore. i prefer to buy eth or btc. they are real and will still live in a year.
crypthomonkey

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:15:27 PM

Some time ago I decided to participate in bounty programs. Started with airdrops, twitter and telegram campaigns and later took a look at signature campaigns in bitcointalk.
Created account, reached Jr.Member level and full of optimism applied for the first signature bounty without deep enough researches about the project. Even absence of info about team didn't stop me. How stupid I was.... The ICO turned out to be scam and no desirable tokens received of course Smiley

Do not be so stupid as me, read about project, take a look at the team, read whitepaper and check some ratings. It can save you from wasting you time for 4-8 weeks....

do not be disappointed, i beliecpve that once younlearn how to tell apart scam project, younwill neve failure again
crypthomonkey

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:16:06 PM

you're absolutely right. more and more scam ico are in the crypto world. and many people are afraid to invest now. i won't invest in an ico anymore. i prefer to buy eth or btc. they are real and will still live in a year.
i wish i counld panish all the scammers, it is such a bad stiuation ehen peolle are staeling your mo ey and your precious time
kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:18:56 PM

In the world of cryptocurrency, there is a lot of scam. It is difficult to determine whether it is fraud or not. Even top managers such as Amazix team or TokenSuit had scam projects in their management.
Welckomtome

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:20:16 PM

it is okay, i do not think that you will be scammed again, such things happen from time to time, so do not worry
Welckomtome

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:20:51 PM

In the world of cryptocurrency, there is a lot of scam. It is difficult to determine whether it is fraud or not. Even top managers such as Amazix team or TokenSuit had scam projects in their management.

the cryptocurrency world is very risky in different spheres, so it is okay to fail sometimes, you are not hte only one
mozers

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:21:26 PM

I waste too much time and affect in scam bounty, too. Bị then I'll draw some experience to pick the bounty. Suggest you choose manager of bounty campaign, or try Amazic team's bounty, bountyguru.
dpa85

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:22:16 PM

it is inevitable in our work, and in the crypto in general. I already took part in 10 fraudulent projects, but I'm not very upset), because more honest
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:30:30 PM

I was not lucky to invest in several projects, which in total reduced my initial capital by 3 times. But in parallel, I invested in projects such as ICON and Cindicator, which were able to significantly improve my finances in the future. Since then, I began to pay much more attention to the comprehensive study of the project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: