Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:18:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First scam :)  (Read 414 times)
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:36:37 PM

During that time while I'm in this game, I met somewhere 15 projects that can be called cheating. In each of them there were different tricks used, somewhere I could get out and not lose money, somewhere I lost up to half of the profit. But even such experience of trade and participation is also useful, the main thing is not to enter big money in dubious projects.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:41:33 PM

i will give you a good trick to spot easly scam ico and don't lose your effort and money look att the bounty manager if it's sylon or amazix this ico is more probably to be safe
Pourmeacup

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:45:23 PM

this happens all the time unfortunately. We should stop these scammers. ICO market is becoming seriously ridiculous
someone gotta shut down those stupid scammers

judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:53:14 PM

Lucky for me until now spared from the scam. that analysis is an important first step and specify. an unknown team certainly would make things quite suspicious for an ICO. There are indeed some who can succeed but to anticipate just sure the team is very important. In addition to other analysis should also to be aware of such as whitepaper.
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:57:10 PM

I know it feels bad man, but it'd impossible to avoid this kibd of situations. However, in the long-run you will see that the good projects that you select will make up big time for those who turned out bad. Just don't give up.

Axetrd

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:00:52 PM

It's my third month onto bounties, and I already have like 10-15 projects. Cheesy It's too much, I conclude that I should do more research for the project I chose. But there was also a few good campaigns and I hope these project will pay off.
k1lynkis

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:06:47 PM

I have never participated in scam ICOs but damn, it is butthurt when you support project for two months and then it turns out scam Undecided Now I participate in bounty of the project that has ready business and they will not turn to scam. But thanks for advice man
pedpedped

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:24:01 PM

Seriously at this stage if one is not careful enough to fall for scam ICO. Though this experience will give you more knowledge about ICO so ad to investigate better on any ICO to invest in.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:39:12 PM

So far, about 10% of projects turned out to be "scam". That includes not paying bounty hunters, successfully reaching softcap, but still cancelling the project or cancelling the project in the middle of the crowdsale for unclear reasons. I consider them all scam, if they don't refund their investors. If they in fact do refund, then I simply put them under "cancelled" label. If you only did some social tasks, then it doesn't hurt that much, but if you signed up for signature, made a blog post or even worse a translation... well, that could be very unpleasant. But it's wild west, we need to endure everything. Hang on there, pal!  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
twtr2
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:44:01 PM

I always read all information about project, read whitepaper,roadmap and try to find info about team. So I was scamed only one time.

mybloomingpath

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:55:24 PM

I participated in not too many projects but already faced few scams it were "Block Broker" and "Hashcard". Anyway I knew that it happens from time to time and you shoud be ready for this. Bad experience is anyway kind of experience. Wish everybody only good projects and all the best.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:04:25 PM

Creator of this thread knows how it`s like to be scammed. Learned by his experience he decided to share
some things we should watch while we choose bounty campaign to participate. Nice from him, but he should
check this section before he were scammed. In this section there are many threads about how to choose good
bounty, on what to pay attention. If he read all that he wouldn`t have problem.
   Until now I participated in several long-lasting bounty campaigns. I didn`t invest just myself here in there
bounty campaigns, I invested my money too, and I had only success. I said many times, if you can`t choose
good bounty for yourself just follow me.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:20:53 PM

Oh unfortunately I never follow ICO project without following the step of deep analysis because I know it will be very risky for yourself especially for wasted time, enough to relax without having to hurry, no matter what you feel right now, it it becomes a lesson for yourself to be more careful in choosing a classy project, yes it is due to lack of patience without having to follow a good move to ensure there is a true project, with the event you will surely realize by itself the good steps to anticipate the fraud .
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:27:47 PM

Too many to count in all these years actually, now I barely pay them much attention no more.
Even if they aren't scams, too big of a chance they will fail.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:33:27 PM

Some time ago I decided to participate in bounty programs. Started with airdrops, twitter and telegram campaigns and later took a look at signature campaigns in bitcointalk.
Created account, reached Jr.Member level and full of optimism applied for the first signature bounty without deep enough researches about the project. Even absence of info about team didn't stop me. How stupid I was.... The ICO turned out to be scam and no desirable tokens received of course Smiley

Do not be so stupid as me, read about project, take a look at the team, read whitepaper and check some ratings. It can save you from wasting you time for 4-8 weeks....

By the way.. how many scam ICOs have you participated?

Before you take part in a bounty program, you must always remember that in a way you are participating in the ICO token metrics. Though you are not investing your money in the ICO, however, you are investing your time to help them raise the funds they need for the project, and my friend, Time is also Money.
When you are participating in a bounty program, research around it if you are investing in an ICO, check the team behind it, investors and partners backing it up, check if there is a real world usage of the project and tokens. Evaluate the success case of the ICO and then join the bounty program.
PrudnikovLS

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:36:37 PM

Tell me in more detail what kind of company it was? Complete your post so that people on the example of your ICO understand which projects are not worth investing in and what projects should not be involved.
Heart18

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:44:01 PM

Some time ago I decided to participate in bounty programs. Started with airdrops, twitter and telegram campaigns and later took a look at signature campaigns in bitcointalk.
Created account, reached Jr.Member level and full of optimism applied for the first signature bounty without deep enough researches about the project. Even absence of info about team didn't stop me. How stupid I was.... The ICO turned out to be scam and no desirable tokens received of course Smiley

Do not be so stupid as me, read about project, take a look at the team, read whitepaper and check some ratings. It can save you from wasting you time for 4-8 weeks....

By the way.. how many scam ICOs have you participated?

I think every one can't avoid it. Some project that has bounty program sometimes good and you think that is worth working and promoting it but at the end you gain nothing from your hard work. Even though we are very careful on choosing bounty program to join,still we can experience scam and we are just wasting our time and effort.  But still there are good project and always give you reward from promoting that's why even there are scam project don't lose your hope and keep on trying to work in bounty. I believe you will be rewarded at the end.
Bro.Jack.Brown

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:45:13 PM

Unfortunately, now there are a lot of scam bounty campaigns and sometimes it is very difficult to catch them at the beginning. I've been on the scam bounty  more than once. Still, unfortunately, I participated in several campaigns of one vaunted manager who calls himself the best, but for some reason this "best" manager had no paid campaign for half a year
ElizRu

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:45:16 PM

4-8 weeks is not so scary. If you certainly did not translate for them, signature companies, but only for example social media, telegrams, facebook and twitter. It's a shame of course, but it happens. Do not make such mistakes anymore.
amanarora_1

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:47:34 PM

This is what we learn from beginning, this is part of crypto for every beginner. This is what we get experience from crypto. Not only you, every beginner in this world will pass from project like scams. I'm one of them and in experience i learned how to avoid these scam projects which you already mentioned in question.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: