Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to learn Basic IT and Linux  (Read 118 times)
ArkiCrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:38:12 PM

Good day,

I'm a totally newbie into this technical stuffs about setting up nodes, etc. because it's more far away from my course field but anyways is there someone here who can help me to understand the basics of setting up nodes and using linux or atleast can you site some useful articles or online course that may help me.

Well I tried to do searching on my own but like what I've said I'm totally newbie I don't even know if that article/website is a legit one or is really giving me the real information.

Thank you  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saywhat

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:53:01 PM

If you are complete newbie then I would recommend code academy.com course "learn the command line". It's interactive and you can do everything on browser. That will help you in basic understanding of command line.

Also if you ever run into a wall. Use unix.stackexchange.com that is the perfect place to solve unix related issues.
For basics in unix/Linux OS just search Google for documentation and also watch some videos.
Hope this helps
megaradux

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:54:32 PM

Good day,

I'm a totally newbie into this technical stuffs about setting up nodes, etc. because it's more far away from my course field but anyways is there someone here who can help me to understand the basics of setting up nodes and using linux or atleast can you site some useful articles or online course that may help me.

Well I tried to do searching on my own but like what I've said I'm totally newbie I don't even know if that article/website is a legit one or is really giving me the real information.

Thank you  Smiley

I have some friends self teach themselves and now be really good at it. I think there are good books that you can invest in and learn. I am also a book addict. I find myself learning a lot of skills from books.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:38:52 PM
Merited by ArkiCrypto (1)

Learning basic IT and Linux is not an easy task for someone without previous IT experience.

Let me give you some tips.
Start from here :
https://www.edx.org
This is free platform for online education and certification provided by the world leading  universities and organisations like MIT, Boston university, Linux Foundation etc.
The courses are free, you pay only for certificate /world wide accepted/ if you want one. You can finish the course without buying the certificate.
I can recommend two courses i've taken.
Introduction to Linux : https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-linux-linuxfoundationx-lfs101x-1

Blockchain for business :
https://www.edx.org/course/blockchain-business-introduction-linuxfoundationx-lfs171x-0

I see they have more new courses for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I guess they deserve some attention too. Just search the site.

Good luck

actuallytwolamas

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

Lama

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:29:02 PM

My suggestion, at least how I learned everything. No books, no courses, or other boring stuff. Come up with an idea what you want to do, google how to solve it, there is 90% chance, that somebody had the exact problem as yours, and follow the guides which you found. Then google parts from the guide which you don't understand, to get a better idea of how everything works. At first tries you'll have errors all over the place, read them, and google what they mean and how to solve them. This way you'll learn everything by doing something useful, instead of reading, or watching boring courses, etc..
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:23:00 PM

Good day,

Thank you  Smiley

I learned Unix from a book written by sumitabha das. I am not able to find that exact book but below book available from that author only.
https://www.amazon.com/Your-UNIX-Linux-Ultimate-Guide/dp/0073376205

Visit your local library there might be plenty of books. Have you already installed Unix/Linux ? . Installation  is very first step to begin. You need to practice because reading the only command from book will not help you.
There are so many variant of each command that you will not find in the book also. If you want to learn comprehensively then you should make make habit of using "man <command_name>" in your machine where <command_name> is name of command you learned from book.

I am alive
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

I've seen some paid service for setting up nodes on youtube but I don't know if they are reliable and if their reviews are real and not a paid one.

AFAIK, it costs $75.

Why not just enroll into nearby schools that offers short courses that's related to IT or training about LINUX? I've seen duration is only 5 days for an OS like LINUX basics.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:04:10 PM

You can also try learning through youtube tutorials, it's worth it to use all available resources and see what works best for you. thenewboston youtube channel has a whole 'linux tutorial for beginners' playlist you can check out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuHHI60s44&list=PL6gx4Cwl9DGCkg2uj3PxUWhMDuTw3VKjM
lindatang

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:49:18 AM

If you are interested, learning Linux is very necessary, Linux applied are more and more extensive.
I started building a proxy server with Linux 10 years ago. From then on, I found that Linux is a great server.
I wish you success.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:34:56 AM

Learning basic IT and Linux is not an easy task for someone without previous IT experience.

Let me give you some tips.
Start from here :
https://www.edx.org
This is free platform for online education and certification provided by the world leading  universities and organisations like MIT, Boston university, Linux Foundation etc.
The courses are free, you pay only for certificate /world wide accepted/ if you want one. You can finish the course without buying the certificate.
I can recommend two courses i've taken.
Introduction to Linux : https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-linux-linuxfoundationx-lfs101x-1

Blockchain for business :
https://www.edx.org/course/blockchain-business-introduction-linuxfoundationx-lfs171x-0

I see they have more new courses for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I guess they deserve some attention too. Just search the site.

Good luck

When I clicked on the thread this exactly the kind of information I was hoping to find. Thank you for sharing this resource or us. I live near Vienna, Austria so there probably would be school/college course about Linex available, but for me too complicated to attend. Between full time shift job and little daughter I have spare time mostly on evenings, that’s why I believe this is the perfect solution for me 👏 thanks again 🙏

Update: already registered, enrolled to Linux introduction and ios app downloaded 💪

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: