Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of transfer an ERC20 Altcoin  (Read 110 times)
bananaunana (OP)

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:46:24 PM

Does anyone know the price of transferring an Altcoin in the ETH-network? I noticed price troubles and ETH-network problems during the last days. Would be great if you share the date and price from your last Altcoin-transaction in the ETH-network (all ERC20 tokens).
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananaunana (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

Need some answers to this question. Please just share your last transaction costs of shitcoins!  Smiley
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:21:02 PM

If the gas price is not setting automatically you can check the price on one of the current token sources - telegram or else. Usually for new tokens it is 250 000 and Gwei is set on 40, and you can also check the advised price on gas station info, you can find the link on mew

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
Dervish doff

Activity: 1134
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

Does anyone know the price of transferring an Altcoin in the ETH-network? I noticed price troubles and ETH-network problems during the last days. Would be great if you share the date and price from your last Altcoin-transaction in the ETH-network (all ERC20 tokens).
I am answering my experience in transactions, I often see in etherscan when I transfer the highest token for only 2 dollars, more than that I have never experienced, the transfer fee deduction, no determination what, but between 50 cents to 2 dollars, I think so.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:35:27 PM

It should be under 1$ right now. I mostly use two websites: https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactionfees.html and https://ethgasstation.info/. On the first one you can check out the graph and see the average transaction fees quickly. On the second website you can calculate how much would you indeed spend for a transaction in a given time. Using the standard GWEI of 44 (right now) with standard gas limit of 21000 would yield in $0.477 and average time in about 1.59 minutes to go through. Of course, this are estimates.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:38:26 PM

Well, i don't know why people complain about this lately, it only shows how ungrateful man can be.
Compare the charges you pay in Binance , Huobi, Hitbtc, bittrexx, polonoiex and other exchanges and compare it to eth gas fee, tell it to yourself and make the judgement by yourself.

stop complaining, do the right thing, visit ethgasstation, get recent gwei and gas, use it and its all less than 2$
upgrade bro.
echodike

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:54:41 PM

Since I started making transactions on the ethereum network, I don't think I have been charged more than a dollar, I believe their fees is still lower compare to the exchanges charges.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 11:54:28 PM

You need to always tally your transaction with the current gas price which can be found here: https://ethgasstation.info/

Currently the standard gas price is around 21 GWEI.
Always look for the gas prices to get them through at first sweep.

miracle24

Activity: 309
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:00:28 AM

I just check eth gas station and the required gwei for normal transaction is 12 while for fast confirmation is 22.
Stay abreast here https://ethgasstation.info/
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:01:13 AM

If the gas price is not setting automatically you can check the price on one of the current token sources - telegram or else. Usually for new tokens it is 250 000 and Gwei is set on 40, and you can also check the advised price on gas station info, you can find the link on mew
I tried doing this but i still have a pending transaction since hours. As it is the same issue with sending ether. I spent hours reading about possible solutions but i found none. May be the best choice is to wait for the network to get back to stability then proceed transactions.
Set the gas limit to 250000 may increase the fees to a vary high level which can't be a valid suggestion for daily use.
rmapower

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:03:52 AM

To send ERC20 tokens you must sign a transaction. A transaction will use a certain amount of gas. Gas is sold at a per unit price.

The formula is

TransactionCost = gasUsed * gasPrice;
The gasUsed generally does not change regardless of how many tokens you send. To send 1 token is the same price as to send 100 tokens. The transaction will cost as much gasUsed as the ERC20 contract dictates, the gasPrice will be dictated by the load of the entire ethereum network.

You will have control over the gasPrice however a standard ERC20 token transfer's gasUsed will be "fixed" (or at least out of your control).

Higher gasPrice will mean faster transfers. Use https://ethgasstation.info/predictionTable.php to estimate transaction confirmation time.

If you are not in a hurry choose a very low gasPrice.

Any unused gas is always refunded as per the etherum specification.
bananaunana (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

Thanks for your answers. Now the ETH network is performing much better. I hope this will not change again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: