Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Heed my warning  (Read 5084 times)
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 09:55:07 PM

actaully i think this is about the level of intelligence the US government operates at.
"No intelligence at all, just conflict of interests?" :p
Sorry, not trying to troll, just can't resist being sarcastic on this subject...!

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rTech

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 09:57:09 PM

Nice that someone has time to photoshop things Smiley Well anyway who cares.
Top-Secret (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 09:57:16 PM

This is so lame, especially when compared side by side to the masterfully executed Pinkie Pie saga.  Top-Secret, I suggest you search for the pinkie pie troll, read every post, then try again once you see how it is done.

I just realized you are such a newbie that you may not know yet how to search so for you edification:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45324

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people are calling me a "troll"? I'm just sharing information that I have received about your project. I was under the understanding that your community would like to be informed of this, yes? If not, please tell me now and I will leave.
Jay_Pal
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 10:09:22 PM

This is so lame, especially when compared side by side to the masterfully executed Pinkie Pie saga.  Top-Secret, I suggest you search for the pinkie pie troll, read every post, then try again once you see how it is done.

I just realized you are such a newbie that you may not know yet how to search so for you edification:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45324

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people are calling me a "troll"? I'm just sharing information that I have received about your project. I was under the understanding that your community would like to be informed of this, yes? If not, please tell me now and I will leave.

No... sorry... "to share" is to give something really valuable to everyone.
You gave us pure fumes and vapor, and we're getting high on it!!  Grin Grin Grin
Better, instead of starting to see pink elephants by our selfs, you gave us the pink elephant to enjoy!!
So... we're just getting high on that piece of information and ditched the pink elephant in favor of some pretty colorful rainbows!!!  Grin

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 10:23:07 PM

Yeah,thanks for the heads up.I never thought a govt would be interested in taking out a rival currency (other than it's own of course).Despite most of that letter being blacked out,it makes reference to Nakamoto (surname of satoshi) which I think pretty much confirms that they are specifically planning to do something about the bitcoin currency (they see it as a threat to their interests,whereas we see it as a liberator including myself)

I do like the idea that I can convert my money into BTC and then literally carry the money on my USB key drive without having physical cash on hand.Beats having to carry a fat wallet everywhere.

I know that even though the OP may sound like a troll,I find this info valuable as to why the currency's value has stayed low for quite sometime.Since most of the document was blacked out,I can only make assumptions as to how they are targetting bitcoins.

Here are my guesses:
1.misinformation campaign (works wonders for anyone opposed to BTC and want it to disappear)
2.hacking
3.An unknown method that affects the currency.

Even thought I find that document useful,I'd still be more convinced if there was an unaltered version availble for all to see.Please find the unaltered version so that we can all see this for ourselves (as some people will understandably still be skeptical after seeing that document).

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:18:48 AM

Government conspiracy to take down bitcoin?

If no, keep mining/using bitcoins.

If yes, keep mining/using bitcoins.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:08:23 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2011, 01:29:50 AM by evolve

interesting

no. no its not.
annelions

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 02:41:02 AM

Image looks like something you'd find on one of those sites where you enter a friend's info and get something to prank them with.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 04:10:11 AM

Yeah, um, blacking out of text on documents like these is done with WAY more care and precision than the sloppy job on this thing. Pretty lame.
Yeats

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 04:27:21 AM

Lurk moar troll.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:28:14 PM

US government?

Oh then it's no problem, i'm in europe. Maybe USA will invade europe to stop us from using bitcoins, who know...

Jay_Pal
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:02:23 PM

US government?

Oh then it's no problem, i'm in europe. Maybe USA will invade europe to stop us from using bitcoins, who know...

No, no, no, you got it all wrong... my country (Portugal) will invade the USA!!! With bows and arrows!!!!!

Now let's make this straight once for all and bring back common sense to this community:

There's no interest in any perfectly well reasoned government to shutdown bitcoins because:
a) If it's not bitcoins its something else, so let it be bitcoins.
b) they would have to shutdown computers and networks all over the world in a joint operation between nations.
c) they would lose the tools to control this market.

If any government wanted bitcoins shutdown, they would already tried to do that, but it would be simply stupid.
If USA wanted, they have computational power behind all this community together, and enough money to make it run, 24h/day generating massive amounts of bitcoins. They would also user every single on-line computer in the world to achieve that task.
We all know what happens in a massive sell off. (ok, there are some inexperienced experts who still don't know anything of nothing, but still write about it...)
I would post some rumor like this also, if I need to buy cheaper bitcoins: but I would post it in the real media, where any news can mold any market - real or virtual - effectively and really generate a massive sell from bitcoin owners, fleeing off the market.

So, stop trying to take down this project and start posting useful information such as what's the relation between Bitcoin market and real market indicators like GDP and CPI.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:33:03 PM

HAHAHAHA!! Oh F-ing pleez.

So, your some kind of fed? Do tell. I know a lot about the subject. Cause right now I'm guessing your a 12yr. old.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Jay_Pal
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

HAHAHAHA!! Oh F-ing pleez.

So, your some kind of fed? Do tell. I know a lot about the subject. Cause right now I'm guessing your a 12yr. old.

Grin Grin You must be right! With such attitude, he could only be 12 years old!!!

nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:52:09 PM

TROLL FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

God damn. Are the SA goons even trying anymore?
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 02:03:23 PM

is there anything that is NOT on wikipedia?
  The USG's secret plan to destroy the bitcoin economy isn't.  Duh.
saqwe

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 02:35:48 PM

i like that
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 05:06:48 PM

Expecting to see that document, completely unsensored, on wikiLeaks any day now...  Roll Eyes
ThePiachu

Activity: 444
Merit: 307

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 05:31:24 PM

Do you want to know the truth behind why bitcoin prices have fallen? It's because of the Government. I can't talk much right now, but know this: I work high up in one of the larger agencies you may have heard of. The Government is out to destroy bitcoins. I'll expand when I have more time.

Typical, blaming "the Government" without even stating which country you are referring to. Welcome to the Internet, where most people are not from your country.

1HWbVLhxj7bhewhyapMZpyhqWAeAhJd51E
My Bitcoin Calculator:
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/
hmongotaku

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 05:35:48 PM

The seal is legit. But yea not sure if this is for reals.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: