Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Heed my warning  (Read 5084 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 06:15:55 PM

There are too many things wrong with this document to cover. But here are a few things to consider.
It purports to be an internal memo from homeland security (DHS).
1. So, why would they be involved? Is this a national security issue? No. DHS would not be involved in a BTC investigation.
2. The seal does not match the document. Notice how much darker it is. It was added later.
3. It looks to be  heavily redacted. Redacting is commonly used to remove names of people and operational names.  Here the name of a person (being investigated?) and the name of the operation are among the few things not redacted.  Roll Eyes
4. Lastly, does it make any sense for a fed operative to create an account named Top-Secret, then risk his career to illegally  release a document about an active investigation?

It occurs to me that if our OP is lying, he may be exposing himself to some legal liability. Is he impersonating a federal agent? That is a serious offense, as is falsifying or counterfeiting a DHS document. Maybe he should be looked at more closely by his local fusion center. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 06:17:16 PM

Entertaining, but fake.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 06:42:33 PM

I think it's funny how this document mentions "the Agency" which is probably a reference to the CIA, which is not part of the Department of Homeland Security.

the only "agency" under the DHS is FEMA, which is not normally in the line of work that you'd think handles the destruction of alternative currencies.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 08:43:58 PM

I think it's funny how this document mentions "the Agency" which is probably a reference to the CIA, which is not part of the Department of Homeland Security.

the only "agency" under the DHS is FEMA, which is not normally in the line of work that you'd think handles the destruction of alternative currencies.

That's exactly what they want you to think...
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:10:58 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people are calling me a "troll"? I'm just sharing information that I have received about your project. I was under the understanding that your community would like to be informed of this, yes? If not, please tell me now and I will leave.

TROLL FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

God damn. Are the SA goons even trying anymore?

Probably not a goon.  Goons would likely have found a real Homeland Security document online and manipulated the image.  And I doubt that Homeland Security is in the habit of using typewriters.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Top-Secret (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:22:21 PM

I am sorry no one would believe me. I am not "trolling" as you say. I am simply helping get information out that I think everyone should know. I will post the most recent document for you that I have received. If you decide to believe what I know, great. If not, that is fine; as one day the light will come out and you shall see. The documents are not censored by me. These are simply how I receive them.

https://i.imgur.com/wOoug.jpg

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:29:34 PM

while it's obvious you tried harder this time i can still see the halmarks of this being a mspaint blackout job good luck on the next one though

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
jproulx

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:33:33 PM

I'm sure the US government loves bitcoins so much easier to ship untracable billions to the local warlord of the day than flying in cargo planes full of $100 bills (yeah no billions of BTC but you understand)
Top-Secret (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:35:28 PM

while it's obvious you tried harder this time i can still see the halmarks of this being a mspaint blackout job good luck on the next one though

I'm sorry if it appears that way. That is simply how I receive them. There are levels of security that still need to be observed; and they are usually followed before I receive the document.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 10:51:19 PM

I'm sorry if it appears that way. That is simply how I receive them. There are levels of security that still need to be observed; and they are usually followed before I receive the document.

you're an archive guy or something ? what good are those documents if they get censored like that, better recycle them

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 11:11:20 PM

my cia contact asked me to post this;

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:30:26 AM

HSA and CIA documents? You must be well connected. Thank you so much for putting it all on the line, risking livelihood, life, and limb to make sure that us bitcoiners don't get taken down in a raid. It is very noble of you to step up and help us, even though you have no stake in the community. Please, keep your ear to the floor for any news on bitcoin, and bring us the unaltered copies ASAP. I assume because you are a government guy, you know what ASAP means, but just in case, it's 'As Soon As Possible'.

No way this guy is a goon. He'd have been booted from SA long ago if this is the best he can come up with.

OP, this is pretty pitiful. Like you would risk some fucking treason charges to feed a bunch of tards on the internet secure documents. Take greyhawk up on his offer for lessons. He's one of the pros. He even went to nationals last year.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 03:43:30 AM

Lol @ Agent Nakamoto! That explains everything!

Also, we had one from DHS, one from CIA... will the next one be from the Secret Service?
Ayo_4_Yayo

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 08:21:26 AM

I heard he's planning a move to Thailand
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 01:39:18 PM

These are awesome. Please keep them coming.!

So now the CIA is involved. Well since the CIA only operates outside of the US, this must be an international investigation.  Shocked
I see they have done their due diligence and redacted all the verbs and conjunctions. They must have used a typewriter to avoid RF keystroke logging.  Very professional.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
nefanon

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 02:09:06 PM

Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 03:29:10 PM

Lol @ Agent Nakamoto! That explains everything!

Also, we had one from DHS, one from CIA... will the next one be from the Secret Service?

The next will be Mossad!!!!!!

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
Top-Secret (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 06:22:18 PM

I'm sorry no one here believes me. I will leave, but there is one last message I have received that I would like to share with you. It appears to be encrypted, and this is simply how I received it via e-mail from my contact:

Wk: ilu^w ^wdj: ri Rs:udwlrq G:owdPlq: l^ ^xff:^^ixo? Wk: lqirupdwlrq z: kdy: u:f:ly:g iurp wk: eu:dnlqj ri wk: dojrulwkplf sdww:uq l^ ^orzob e:frplqj pru: su:ydo:qw? Lw l^ xqnqrzq krz orqj wk: ^ljqdo wudq^pl^^lrq z: kdy: u:f:ly:g zloo wdn: wr ixoob g:frg:! exw iurp dss:dudqf:^ ^r idu! lw pdb e: kr^wlo:?
nefanon

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 06:47:25 PM

I just received a message too, but OH NOES, ITS STILL ENCRYPTED!!!!

a;sldhkt2;l13089vyn-y67-unseug-q8u4nmvb019mun-v807n1-386mn-0v=10v971mn=02v89-3473n0muoipetupqwoiytvn-1847vn092834tvn098eruoptivuernptvoin2m98746vnpeoiumn10238974-v0nm1oi23u5n-1bv7` poiv`=09mn7097mn2v039mn-19374v0497mnwsvediu3046972mn-3489067vbmn-2890374bvm-023v4utqwr[q;23l4i671vn-8907q23 nv508912-73v4n7m-awe6n;iy8o7bt6asert-v872346l;uinfgv87nbv2n-8907n6n2npoivnm-29867n1v;lautpouq

</banging on keyboard>
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 06:51:31 PM

I'm sorry no one here believes me. I will leave, but there is one last message I have received that I would like to share with you. It appears to be encrypted, and this is simply how I received it via e-mail from my contact:

Wk: ilu^w ^wdj: ri Rs:udwlrq G:owdPlq: l^ ^xff:^^ixo? Wk: lqirupdwlrq z: kdy: u:f:ly:g iurp wk: eu:dnlqj ri wk: dojrulwkplf sdww:uq l^ ^orzob e:frplqj pru: su:ydo:qw? Lw l^ xqnqrzq krz orqj wk: ^ljqdo wudq^pl^^lrq z: kdy: u:f:ly:g zloo wdn: wr ixoob g:frg:! exw iurp dss:dudqf:^ ^r idu! lw pdb e: kr^wlo:?

Oh no, it's the unbreakable ROT26 encryption!

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: