Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:32:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mac client  (Read 843 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

Can someone please update the Mac client to include native wallet.dat encryption?  I'm hanging in limbo here, and I don't have the skillset to do it.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pieter Wuille
Legendary
qt

Activity: 1072
Merit: 1174

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 05:32:06 PM

I haven't tested it, but the latest OSX binary listed on http://bitcoin.org is version 0.4.0, which should support wallet encryption.

I do Bitcoin stuff.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:36:26 PM

Then I don't know how to enable it.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Pieter Wuille
Legendary
qt

Activity: 1072
Merit: 1174

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 05:52:11 PM

Settings -> Encrypt Wallet...

I do Bitcoin stuff.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

I'll try to find settings, but I coundn't find it when I tried.

Thanks.

BurntSnow

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 08:24:20 AM

Delete Bitcoin from your applications and dock/desktop, if it's on one of them. Then go to the Bitcoin website, download the newest version for Mac, install, drag to applications, and open it. It should work now. When I tried the first time and left the application in the "applications" folder, it wouldn't update.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:56:12 PM

Apparently I had an older client, despite downloading it after wallet encryption was announced.  I downloaded the new one, and it saw my wallet.dat just fine, and encrypted it just fine.

Thanks guys.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: