Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherpoly.io - New Ethereum decentralized game! Earn passive income  (Read 287 times)
POLYOfficial (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:04:43 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 09:59:03 PM by POLYOfficial

Etherpoly is a new decentralized game that allows users to acquire, upgrade and freely trade virtual cities on the Blockchain, while earning passive revenues.

While Etherpoly cities are standard tokens that use the ERC-721 specifications, what’s unique about the game mechanics, is that it is coupled with its own Cryptocurrency for its economy.

The cryptocurrency, “OLY”, is an ERC-20 token that is not mintable (created by the owner), and that can only be earned through passive income that is generated by the cities that users own in the game, or through their sale.

This cryptocurrency is required in order to upgrade cities, or to acquire new cities.

Users have the ability to upgrade their cities, thus increasing the OLY revenues output, by a magnitude that depends on the type of upgrade that is deployed.

For more information, please visit our website at www.Etherpoly.io, or download our whitepaper.

You can get the whitepaper here: https://www.etherpoly.io/whitepaper-en.pdf

If you need to get in touch for a story or an article, please contact me anytime at contact AT etherpoly.io.

EDIT :

The game is now live !
Link to play : https://www.etherpoly.io/explore.html
Link to contract: https://etherscan.io/address/0x3BF3d4E80b91d2731AbCb154c21Ad35Abb417Fd2

Enjoy the game, and let us know your feedback !
Pegleku

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:55:47 PM

Can you explain to me the difference between your advisors and freelancer endorsers? What do they bring to the project?
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 09:44:31 AM

Etherpoly is a new decentralized game that allows users to acquire, upgrade and freely trade virtual cities on the Blockchain, while earning passive revenues.

While Etherpoly cities are standard tokens that use the ERC-721 specifications, what’s unique about the game mechanics, is that it is coupled with its own Cryptocurrency for its economy.

The cryptocurrency, “OLY”, is an ERC-20 token that is not mintable (created by the owner), and that can only be earned through passive income that is generated by the cities that users own in the game, or through their sale.

This cryptocurrency is required in order to upgrade cities, or to acquire new cities.

Users have the ability to upgrade their cities, thus increasing the OLY revenues output, by a magnitude that depends on the type of upgrade that is deployed.

The game is set to launch on the 10th of July. For more information, please visit our website at www.Etherpoly.io, or download our whitepaper.

You can get the whitepaper here: https://www.etherpoly.io/whitepaper-en.pdf

If you need to get in touch for a story or an article, please contact me anytime at contact AT etherpoly.io.

Our smart contract is currently undergoing security audits, but we are still looking for BETA testers. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Now that the ETH is maturing and becoming more than just a tool to collect money, it's great to see projects like this getting build on it.
IF (and that's a big IF in general and especially in crypto world) everything will go as planned I am sure this game will have a huge success.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:31:20 AM

Can you explain to me the difference between your advisors and freelancer endorsers? What do they bring to the project?

Hey Pegleku!

I'm not sure i get your question. I have been working on this project for the past year. I don't have any investor backing me, nor have I tried getting investors. So I don't have a marketing budget to pay advisors and press websites for publications.

Who are the freelancer endorsers you are refering to ?
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:56:48 AM

Now that the ETH is maturing and becoming more than just a tool to collect money, it's great to see projects like this getting build on it.
IF (and that's a big IF in general and especially in crypto world) everything will go as planned I am sure this game will have a huge success.

Dear MirkoIta, thank you so much! It means a lot, coming from someone as influent in the community as you are!

I've been working on the project for a long time, and made sure everything is perfectly working before going public. We are on our last days of the public beta on Rinkeby, where the Smart Contract is going under security audits.

The 10th of July should see the release of the project. Then, we will work on improving the UX and add functionalities over the time, just as we add new Cities.

What's cool is that people that buy Cities, earn passive OLY ERC20 non mintable tokens every hour. So when we add new Cities, they can buy those with the OLY they have earned, which they can then sell for ETH. They can also improve their cities with OLY to increase their revenues output.

Everyone that wants to participate to the beta, or try to get security bounties are welcome ! just send me a pm.

POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:57:25 PM

Hello guys,

We are happy to announce the official launch of Etherpoly.io !

You can explore the world of Etherpoly directly at this address :

https://www.etherpoly.io/explore.html

Please make sure that you have Metamask activated on Mainnet to interact with the game !

The address of our contract on main net :
https://etherscan.io/address/0x3BF3d4E80b91d2731AbCb154c21Ad35Abb417Fd2

On your first usage, please click on the "Help" button on the menu. If you have time, please also read our Whitepaper to better understand the game mechanics.

Please let me know your feedbacks !  Smiley
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:02:43 PM

Promising passive income is too good to be true. There are limitations in that set-up. Of course, passive income will only be true if their services are rolling. But, once this platform is not earning or it dies, you have no more income as investor. There are disclaimers or limitations with this so read it carefully if you are a potential investor.
cryptodrunk

Activity: 217

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:15:47 PM

Hi! I have been testing your game website, the design is really great. What are your expansion plans to more countries besides USA, France and Japan? How do you schedule the entering of new cities in your game?
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 11:25:00 PM

Hey Twinkledoe,

Thanks for your feedback.

Congratulations on raising 12K ETH for your project. However, as a solidity developper, I just see too many red flags for the implementation of your project. I believe investors should be more wary about buying your coins, for your project will probably never exist, just like 2/3 of the ICOs.

On the other hand, our Dapp didn't require an ICO. It is 100% functional, and we've been working on it for the past twelve months, only to release it when it was deemed complete.

All of the cities that will be added in the future will have an OLY value. Users will be able to use their income to acquire them.

Moreover, we are working on many additions that we would like to add to our game that will extend its functionalities. These will also interact with the OLY token.

I suggest you read our whitepaper to learn more about our game's mechanics.

Regards
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 11:31:33 PM

Hi! I have been testing your game website, the design is really great. What are your expansion plans to more countries besides USA, France and Japan? How do you schedule the entering of new cities in your game?

Hey Cryptodrunk !

Thank you very much for your positive feedback!

Please check out our whitepaper, it states which countries are hard coded into the contract:

https://www.etherpoly.io/whitepaper-en.pdf

We plan on adding the top 100 cities of the TOP 5 countries, then top 25 or 50 cities for the rest of the countries, depending on their size.

Clearly, the top 3 cities of US and China will be the most important of the game.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:36:43 PM

Hey Twinkledoe,

Thanks for your feedback.

Congratulations on raising 12K ETH for your project. However, as a solidity developper, I just see too many red flags for the implementation of your project. I believe investors should be more wary about buying your coins, for your project will probably never exist, just like 2/3 of the ICOs.

On the other hand, our Dapp didn't require an ICO. It is 100% functional, and we've been working on it for the past twelve months, only to release it when it was deemed complete.

All of the cities that will be added in the future will have an OLY value. Users will be able to use their income to acquire them.

Moreover, we are working on many additions that we would like to add to our game that will extend its functionalities. These will also interact with the OLY token.

I suggest you read our whitepaper to learn more about our game's mechanics.

Regards

Thanks for addressing my post. By the way, why did you say that the project I'm supporting right now will probably never exist? Actually, they are in operation as we speak. You can download their app thru google play or app store and check it for yourself if you are in their area. They are expanding to other regions that's why they are raising money here but not totally dependent from the crypto community, they have private investors already.
proo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

City tokens are stored in the immutable Ethereum blockchain.
They cannot be removed nor replicated, unless you decide to trade them to another person.
Virtual cities generate virtual revenues, and can be upgraded in multiple ways.
OLY cryptocurrency revenues allow you to buy additional cities that are on sale for OLY.
All unsold cities can be acquired with OLY.

Are you sure that Etherium network can handle this at its current state ?
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 12:17:06 AM

City tokens are stored in the immutable Ethereum blockchain.
They cannot be removed nor replicated, unless you decide to trade them to another person.
Virtual cities generate virtual revenues, and can be upgraded in multiple ways.
OLY cryptocurrency revenues allow you to buy additional cities that are on sale for OLY.
All unsold cities can be acquired with OLY.

Are you sure that Etherium network can handle this at its current state ?

Hey Proo7,

Not only can it handle it, but it is already live and you can try it out.

In order to avoid unnecessary tx fees for the users, and useless Network congestion, the hourly income generated by the cities is only withdrawn when one of the following actions is performed :

- When you clicks on Withdraw city balance
- When you upgrade the city
- When you sell or transfer the city

Let me know if you have any other questions
cryptodrunk

Activity: 217

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:17:23 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 01:38:52 AM by cryptodrunk

Hey Cryptodrunk !

Thank you very much for your positive feedback!

Please check out our whitepaper, it states which countries are hard coded into the contract:

https://www.etherpoly.io/whitepaper-en.pdf

We plan on adding the top 100 cities of the TOP 5 countries, then top 25 or 50 cities for the rest of the countries, depending on their size.

Clearly, the top 3 cities of US and China will be the most important of the game.

Many thanks for your quick response, I have checked the Whitepaper, my question was more about timing, to make the game more attractive. I will follow your project very closely to see its improvements. Regards.
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:34:48 AM

Can the game be played by any resident, any country? Will the OLY coin have utility only in the game? Can I buy items only related to Etherpoly?

OI
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 09:54:18 AM

Can the game be played by any resident, any country? Will the OLY coin have utility only in the game? Can I buy items only related to Etherpoly?

Hello thorRJ,

For the time being, the OLY coin can only be used to interact with Etherpoly. It allows you to upgrade your cities and acquire new cities.

However, being an ERC20 token, it has the same functions and features as any other Ethereum token listed on the exchanges, meaning eventually if there's a high demand, it could get added to an exchange.

OLY is a non mintable token, meaning that we cannot generate it. It is only created through city revenues and sales.

The future features that we would like to see implemented into the game will interact with both Etherpoly tokens and OLY currency, adding new possible interations.
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 11:18:46 AM

Seeing that our transactions took too long to be processed at 6 Gwei, we went ahead and increased the defaut gas price to 10 Gwei.

If you would like your transaction to be mined in a few minutes, feel free to increase it to 25+ Gwei on Metamask.
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 11:34:45 AM

A copy of Worldopoly? I hope at least you are not the same team running two projects at the same time Wink

Dear Stas,

Worldopoly is a very promising project. Though it is different, and made by another team. As far as I know, it isn't launched yet.
POLYOfficial (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 11:41:16 AM

The interesting idea, but, apparently, it won't reach a realization stage. Though it would be interesting to play "Monopoly" not only with friends, but also with fans of this game from around the world.

Hi Uservalera,

The game is realized and online : https://www.etherpoly.io/explore.html (unlock metamask on Mainnet to interact with the smart contract).

Please share with us your feedback, and tell us more about your ideas, as we are open to suggestions.
FloDu66

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:33:00 AM

From what I understood we can improve only one thing per city? Because I had improved the hotels of my city of Perpignan and I then wanted to improve the factories but it canceled me the improvement of the hotels. So I lost a little more than 1400 OLY, It's nothing serious but it's annoying.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: