Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ANT • Antimatter • Block Explorer : New Pool Added : ANT Creeping  (Read 31393 times)
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:44:03 PM

So...
Theres a bug in the software and no one can mine any blocks...
But someone is mining blocks...
Smells fishy
gargouri2001

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:48:18 PM

i mined for hours yesterday , while the network was low in hash rate , and i did not find a shit  Huh
antimatter (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:53:28 PM

Just been talking to the ANT tech dev.

Seems that the problem is not related to the pools or Ant itself.

There is no bug in the wallet, the seed node is built in and working fine.

With difficulty re-target every 10 minutes and only 1 million coins over 10 years, it makes ANT very difficult to mine.

ANT was intended to be like this, it is named after Antimatter after all.

However the pools should of been finding blocks? Which remains a mystery unless they had way less hashing power than certain solo miners, who appear to be finding them.

I'll post up a thread on Altcoingiveaways soon to help get some more of this ANT out.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:53:32 PM

i mined for hours yesterday , while the network was low in hash rate , and i did not find a shit  Huh

Me too, was mining for hours and not a whiff, but I do understand that I am not the only one mining, so someone must be getting the blocks.

Just not had much luck with this coin so will probably buy a few when they get onto a trading place.

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:55:58 PM

Valuable:

The first 20 blocks will provide 1000 coins per block then 1.5 ANT per block thereafter

GET MINING FROM THE START

I guess this is some kind of a joke?

This is shady.
Obviously the dev who releases the coin is going to be the first miner.
Making the first 20 blocks almost 700x more valuable than every other block forever Obviously he is going to get the majority of those blocks. I guess the premine wasn't enough for him?

We shouldn't be supporting this.
flasheart

Activity: 140

90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:05:33 PM

I solo mined my ANT.  I normally don't trust pools to get it right during the first few min of a coin's launch...  That said I'm only running 4MH, and I know some of the pools have more then that.

One thing that bothers me is the getmininginfo hash rate appears incorrect.  When I started solomining it showed the network hash rate at 30k (I myself was 4MH). 

If this is off then perhaps its affecting difficulty.

Another thing this reminds me of is Earthcoin launch... the pools all had problems except for hackshard who figured out a hotfix that needed to be applied pool side.

just my 2 cents.

FLASHEART COMPUTRONIC AND CRYPTOGRAPHIC MINING DISPENSARY

EAC: ejivtoN3m1FmNvN8N3E4gSh8AX6XNMhzB2 | LTC: LVqAT6xBbxytnZ4ndVgD2BQNUtb6Dv59Cn | BTC: 187P7jMH5VeFCFRNBQcePZkAvEMDZ2JXsb  Anything else isn't worth keeping.
antimatter (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:27:37 PM

Been struggling to mine ANT?

Please go to the following thread on Altcoingiveaways and I'll be happy to send you a whole Antimatter

http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1007.0.html
Lindsey-Crypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

like that coin...

Libre Bazaar - A Decentralized Anonymous MarketplacePre-ICOAnnouncement Thread
Blockchain and Data Storage Network Coupled With P2P Anonymous Networking
User Friendly ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:21:35 PM

Ok, for me, something odd is happening.

Just was solo-mining when I found a block, Block was accepted but it has not showed up in my wallet.
Thinking it was a stale or an orphan I typed in listtransactions in my wallet.
Only one showing up is the orphan I got in the first few minutes yesterday which was one of the 1000 ant blocks.
Nothing else is showing up at all.

Makes me wonder if the same thing happened to me last night when I left my PC to solo mine last night as woke up in the morning and found no money in my wallet, yet my best share was over 4 million, so surely there must have been at least one block I could have found as difficulty would have had to have been pretty high for it to be more than 4 million.

So am really not sure what is going on, must be just bad luck, but thought it would have showed up as an orphan or stale anyway.

Not been any forks or anything like that??

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:30:12 PM

I love the wallet it is so sleek and was really easy to download. This is a nice rare collectible coin for sure. I wonder if there will be any faucet up soon for micro amounts for non miners? I may try to buy some soon as well.. Smiley
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:34:02 PM

Ok, for me, something odd is happening.

Just was solo-mining when I found a block, Block was accepted but it has not showed up in my wallet.
Thinking it was a stale or an orphan I typed in listtransactions in my wallet.
Only one showing up is the orphan I got in the first few minutes yesterday which was one of the 1000 ant blocks.
Nothing else is showing up at all.

Makes me wonder if the same thing happened to me last night when I left my PC to solo mine last night as woke up in the morning and found no money in my wallet, yet my best share was over 4 million, so surely there must have been at least one block I could have found as difficulty would have had to have been pretty high for it to be more than 4 million.

So am really not sure what is going on, must be just bad luck, but thought it would have showed up as an orphan or stale anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that!

antimatter (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:57:19 PM

There haven't been any forks although a test version of the wallet leaked about a week ago.

A new genesis block was created and a new wallet built, so as long as you are using the new wallet that was posted in the op or on the website you should be fine.

Please check your pm also.

If anybody else can report problems or success with mining it would be helpful to know.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:13:41 AM

Do you have a twitter and facebook page set up at all so I can add to my blog? I just make a blog post but wanted to add more info if you have for our readers. Trying to make more aware of this rare coin. Smiley EDIT I just found them!
cooltsing

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:51:05 AM

any pool? Wink
antimatter (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:48:33 AM

Do you have a twitter and facebook page set up at all so I can add to my blog? I just make a blog post but wanted to add more info if you have for our readers. Trying to make more aware of this rare coin. Smiley EDIT I just found them!

Thanks, will update the social media pages soon too!

In terms of pools.

I'll pay a bounty to whoever can set up a pool that works properly with ANT.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:14:06 AM

What is your reasoning behind making the first 20 blocks worth 1000 and blocks only worth 1.5 afterwards?
This is not a steady drop off.
You can't have been so stupid as to not realize this would centralize the currency in the hands of just a few people.
Yourself included.
seba4seba

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:44:01 AM

Antimatter Coin was added to AltCoinCalendar.info
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:21:36 PM

In terms of pools.

My pool is up and running. http://ant.majorminers.com/

Blocks started being found and confirmations are almost done.

antimatter (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:53:39 PM

In terms of pools.

Good news!

Glad ANT is finally working on your pool. Hopefully your miners get rewarded for their efforts.
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

In terms of pools.

Good news!

Glad ANT is finally working on your pool. Hopefully your miners get rewarded for their efforts.

One block was actually worth 0.00. What is the main node for this coin? There are an awful lot of time outs from network requests.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: