Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade-Btc.com Brand new Bitcoin Exchange, buy sell and send Bitcoins!  (Read 8348 times)
Vince Torres (OP)

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 08:23:19 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2011, 10:16:15 PM by Trade-Btc.com

Hey guys, I'd like to introduce a brand new bitcoin exchange, Trade-Btc.com. Trade-Btc.com has been in the works for several months now and we are very glad to finally introduce our website to the Bitcoin community. Here at Trade-Btc.com we are a team of like minded Bitcoin enthusiasts, that want to make Bitcoin one of the main currencies of international trade. So to start this goal, we began with our exchange website.

-Features

-Buying & selling bitcoins: Our platform is a fully automated exchange between users. Buy orders (bid) are matched with sell orders (ask). If there is a matching order but not enough volume, a partial order will occur.

-Fees
Our fees are very low, a standard .30% for buying or selling Bitcoins. Our fees will never go up and will only go down in the future. Our goal is to make Bitcoin as accessable as possible, and we feel with these low rates, it will be much easier for higher volumes of trades to occur. Also there are no fees for sending Bitcoins, so go ahead, send as much as you want.

-Sending Bitcoins: This is a feature that we wanted to see in an exchange website for a very long time now. We feel if it takes too long to receive payment, then you might lose out on price fluctuation. With this system it allows you to receive Bitcoins, and then sell them on our exchange immediately.

-Trading API: The trading API should be up within a few days, we realize this is a very important feature, and is our number one concern in the coming days.

-Deposits and Withdrawls
For USD deposits and withdraws we support:
*Dwolla
*Paxum
*Liberty reserve

-Referral System: For any referrals to our website you receive 20% commisions on all of the person you referred trade's. As well as 10% discount for anyone that signs up with your code.

For European deposits were hoping to have support within several weeks, it is difficult to register for conversions for an entirely US based business. So within several weeks we'll have our European headquarters.

Like I said before our goals for Bitcoins are only beginning to be achieved, we want there to be a reason to still be excited in Bitcoins and we hope we can ignite some of that old flame.

If you were wondering; our business is in the process of being incorporated in Los Angeles, California under the name of Trade Btc Ltd.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me at Admin@trade-Btc.com. Or ask them in this thread, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Follow us on twitter @TradeBtcLtd
Or like us on facebook @Trade-Btc.com

Thanks everyone, and happy trading!

From Vince, and the Trade-Btc.com team.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 11:23:03 PM

To celebrate our opening, we are now offering no commissions. Happy trading!

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:45:55 AM

The site looks pretty decent.  But I must ask, why should anyone trust your service when you don't have any business or personal details on the site? Not even a phone number?

Also, assuming people trusted you, what competitive advantage do you offer over the other exchanges? Your advantage will need to be significant to get started, because your volume is currently zero.

Can you address these questions?
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:08:21 AM

We're hoping that the 0% commission for the next few weeks will help increase our volume. As of now 3 trades have occurred worth 7BTC. So we're hoping more trading will happen soon. In terms of competitive advantage we're hoping our 0.3% will add an advantage (this rate will never increase). As well as our ability to send Bitcoins through our site, therefore eliminating, in commerce, the worry or risk of fluctuating rates.

As for our contact information, we haven't been able to allocate a definite office space, so we're going to be doing that before we set the information. Now if you're wondering about me, my name is Vincent Torres and I'm currently an IT manager for a Los Angeles based law firm, and hoping in the next few months that I can devote all of my time entirely on this exchange. If you have any more questions about who I am and what I do, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
From Vince and the Trade-Btc.com team

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:16:11 AM

I'd suggest that you clearly explain on your website the circumstances under which you might ask users to verify their funding accounts or their identity.  It's becoming a big issue with the exchanges and a lot of people are getting really pissed off about having to verify when they weren't told at sign up that it might happen.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:21:31 AM

No need for verifications as long as we're using a third party such as Dwolla or Paxum. We realize the hassle of verification, and we do not want to put our member's through it. Our motto is convenience, and if it's not convenient we don't want to do it.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 01:37:14 AM

Why use domains by proxy on an exchange?

Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 04:01:29 AM

Back when it was registered, there wasn't really any serious security debacles in the Bitcoin community. And I figured since it came free with business registration, I might as well. But looking at it now I probably wouldn't have went with the private registration.

phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 04:36:12 AM

Back when it was registered, there wasn't really any serious security debacles in the Bitcoin community. And I figured since it came free with business registration, I might as well. But looking at it now I probably wouldn't have went with the private registration.

You can turn off domain privacy.
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 04:57:58 AM

Apparently it cannot with protected registration, sorry about that, hope it isn't a problem. Like I said if you have any more questions about my information, please ask.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 09:45:19 PM

Great job on the site! We need many more Bitcoin exchangers!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 09:57:16 PM

No need for verifications as long as we're using a third party such as Dwolla or Paxum. We realize the hassle of verification, and we do not want to put our member's through it. Our motto is convenience, and if it's not convenient we don't want to do it.

Just a heads up, not verifying accounts is a bad idea. If you want to run a serious business you should adhere to AML and KYC policies.
Legally, what if one of your customers was accused of money laundering and you are approached to provide documents of the customer?
If you cant, you better find a good lawyer lol

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:16:20 PM

Appropriate steps would be taken if we suspect money laundering. Such as large transfers, etc. But for now we are mainly focused on convenience and safety of our customer's funds.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:34:04 PM

Appropriate steps would be taken if we suspect money laundering. Such as large transfers, etc. But for now we are mainly focused on convenience and safety of our customer's funds.

I think the potential problem is Dwolla or Paxum freezing your account without notice if they believe there's suspicious activity.  It's happened to other exchanges, so people are a bit touchy about the possibility of it happening again.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:44:07 PM

I think the potential problem is Dwolla or Paxum freezing your account without notice if they believe there's suspicious activity.  It's happened to other exchanges, so people are a bit touchy about the possibility of it happening again.
Yeah, it's always a possibility, but we like leaving the worrying of identities to the third party payment transfer sites. If at any point a problem arises we'll deal with it then. The dealing of verifying accounts with ID cards is a huge hassle for everyone. So we don't want it to come to that.

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

The site looks pretty decent.  But I must ask, why should anyone trust your service when you don't have any business or personal details on the site? Not even a phone number?

Also, assuming people trusted you, what competitive advantage do you offer over the other exchanges? Your advantage will need to be significant to get started, because your volume is currently zero.

+1.  Anonymity and running an exchange is not compatible.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:54:08 PM

The site looks pretty decent.  But I must ask, why should anyone trust your service when you don't have any business or personal details on the site? Not even a phone number?

+1.  Anonymity and running an exchange is not compatible.
Just acquired an office today, about to post updated contact information.

*edit, officially updated, you can now see our address in the contact page.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 11:01:58 PM

Thanks for the followup. 

I'd recommend that you (operators of the site) put some bids and asks up to get the process started. You can put them up at large margins over the gox price, but at least there will be volume showing up there.

You should put up some of your own capital on both USD and BTC sides to help bootstrap liquidity.
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 11:06:06 PM

Thanks for the followup. 

I'd recommend that you (operators of the site) put some bids and asks up to get the process started. You can put them up at large margins over the gox price, but at least there will be volume showing up there.

You should put up some of your own capital on both USD and BTC sides to help bootstrap liquidity.
For now our third party accounts are not funded to the point to start liquidity. We didn't plan on trading on our own exchange. So if people started trading we wouldn't be able to give them withdraws.

btcbaby

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 03:24:34 AM

Thanks for the followup. 

For now our third party accounts are not funded to the point to start liquidity. We didn't plan on trading on our own exchange. So if people started trading we wouldn't be able to give them withdraws.

Hang in there guys. 

http://www.btclog.com/uploads/FileUpload/e6/9cc97eb4c91db1ec5fb30ca35f0da8.png
Write an excellent post on btc::log and you just might win 1BTC in our daily giveaway.
btc::log is the professionally managed and community moderated Bitcoin Forum
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: