Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's you opinion on graphic cards becoming obsolete in mining altcoins in 2019  (Read 567 times)
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:37:36 AM

up, this is interesting.

(upping this because is disgusting to see always the same posts talking about fuc.ing ASICS)

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:23:48 AM

GPU miners are too stupid and never adapted to the changing landscape , they think their GPU are still profitable when they are not.. Asic and fpga is where the money is at.

The longer you hold gpus the more rekt you will get
If you have free power yes, if not ASIC, it is not profitable.
FPGA only if you design your solution in-house, you'll have an edge, otherwise will not, either.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:28:29 AM

GPU miners are too stupid and never adapted to the changing landscape , they think their GPU are still profitable when they are not.. Asic and fpga is where the money is at.

The longer you hold gpus the more rekt you will get
That is true for the short term if you get a first batch one. Otherwise once ASICS are out the difficulty will kill your profits and you have a loud doorstopper. FPGA will be a different story as long as the Devs keep up with the algos

If you bought the S9 in the first batch, you can still make some profits now.
Really?, at 4.5 USD/day @ 1600W power consumption at the wall the profit is marginal at best, GPU still get you twice the profit at the current power consumption if you aim at maximum power efficiency

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:00:24 AM

very simple answers.

-snip-

I thought the simple answer would be short, but it's not.  Grin

Once thing is clear for me. Once ETH goes PoS , there will be no more coins profitable to mine in the hole market and GPU mining will die.

I stopped to mine ETH from early 2017. Why people always measured GPUs mining profitability using ETH? Is it related to coin prices? (value and stability)

GPUs more flexible than other mining devices, I got more profit mine another coins, e.g., in the last few months, CLO giving me profit more than the best time of ETH mining, and also other coins that I've mined (I can't write here one by one). Even when it is short-time profit, but we can move to other coins after.

Seem like I agree with this:

I've been here since '13 and I have been seeing the same thing being repeated here. Let me tell you: GPUs will never become obsolete. hey will always find their place to mine coins where FPGAs and the ASICs can't reach.

As I said before.
In fact, a lot of GPUs miners still exist and still getting enough profit, although it depends on how experienced that miners and where s/he lives (related to the cost of electricity) and may some other thing.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:07:24 AM
Merited by jmigdlc99 (3)

Till ETH goes PoS we can still gain some money. Hope ETH will not go PoS till at least it reaches 800$. Why? Because i think when PoS is applied, small hodlers, (with 5 or less ETH), will not be able to enter the PoS verification system, and they will be forced to sell their coins. A huge amount of coins will flood the market, time when sharks will stay calm waiting for those coins to lowe their prices for them to buy. Moreover, i don't think ETH can survive with only the money from smartcontracts. It has a value of 468$ right now, because it can be traded, bought and sold. Once PoS is applied, my guess is it will go down by a lot.

Once thing is clear for me. Once ETH goes PoS , there will be no more coins profitable to mine in the hole market and GPU mining will die. ASIC miners will last a big longer. There is NO PLACE TO PUSH SUCH A HUGE HASHRATE OF ETH. No way.

I believe the minimum POS staking amount for ETH is not 5 ETH, but rather 32 ETH. That is actually a huge barrier to entry but that does not necessarily mean that people with less than that will sell their coins. There will still be people who will hold their ETH, as usual.

I am however in agreement to your statement that when ETH goes POS, GPU mining will surely come to an end because of the difficulty rise on all other coins. It might actually be better to sell GPUs today while they still can still mine. When profitability goes to 0 the market will flood GPUs even more so.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:38:48 AM

I am however in agreement to your statement that when ETH goes POS, GPU mining will surely come to an end because of the difficulty rise on all other coins. It might actually be better to sell GPUs today while they still can still mine. When profitability goes to 0 the market will flood GPUs even more so.

Yeah, more miner giving up, more chance to miners whose stay. We can sell all of our graphics cards before GPUs price going down, but we can't predict for sure what will gonna happen next. If GPUs mining back to the top, we can get it back easily.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:06:03 AM

Till ETH goes PoS we can still gain some money. Hope ETH will not go PoS till at least it reaches 800$. Why? Because i think when PoS is applied, small hodlers, (with 5 or less ETH), will not be able to enter the PoS verification system, and they will be forced to sell their coins. A huge amount of coins will flood the market, time when sharks will stay calm waiting for those coins to lowe their prices for them to buy. Moreover, i don't think ETH can survive with only the money from smartcontracts. It has a value of 468$ right now, because it can be traded, bought and sold. Once PoS is applied, my guess is it will go down by a lot.

Once thing is clear for me. Once ETH goes PoS , there will be no more coins profitable to mine in the hole market and GPU mining will die. ASIC miners will last a big longer. There is NO PLACE TO PUSH SUCH A HUGE HASHRATE OF ETH. No way.

I believe the minimum POS staking amount for ETH is not 5 ETH, but rather 32 ETH. That is actually a huge barrier to entry but that does not necessarily mean that people with less than that will sell their coins. There will still be people who will hold their ETH, as usual.

How will ETH pos work its almost impossible to download the blockchain on a normal pc I've tried multiple times and gave up so what are they doing so ppl can stake or will it be just the lucky few with the resources to download the gigantic chain to stake
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: