Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my ether wallet pvt key just hacked  (Read 573 times)
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:44:47 PM

last night some hacked my pvt key and steal all my eth and major eth tokens

can I secure my eth address or its now in control of hacker ?  Huh
you have to correct it before. Is there a mistake you made? because almost the average case of hack due to carelessness. so you have to reevaluate the chronology. or possibly other dns network you are attacked. that's mostly every case that happens
Correct mate, that is a very simple problem. If you can still access your account on Myetherwallet and if your token was there then quickly transfer into another wallet which is you fell safe to your private key. But if your token was already hacked then say bye bye, you can't be retrieved on it. Yes, carelessness makes us being a hack so we have our responsibility to keep our private key safe.
Avoid importing your main MEW account on the exchange, make it sure that the site of MEW is right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
namlong

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:52:49 PM

Google drive is not secure ? google docs view able right maybe thats the reason I got hacked

Let's see....
Have you heard of anybody getting his e-mail account "hacked"?
Have you heard of the celebrity photos "leaked" from Apple's cloud?

If you think that Google drive is safe enough to keep money on it.. well, I don't.

Better choice is trezor i think hardware wallet for coins and tokens I will manage to buy it soon.  Lips sealed

A hardware wallet is the safest option. The main thing is not to save  24 words for recovery in Google drive. Better write them on a separate sheet and hide. If someone can get your words out, your money will not be safe.

The best option to safe your any password or private keys don't keep it in mails or mobile notes or internet connected devices. don't write in paper becasue even that also erase after few months so better option is take print outs and keep it in safe place this is also not 100% safe but compare to other safe methods this is best.
It is true. I would also suggest that you separate the 24 words for recovery the hardware purse and hide them in different places just in case. and it's better not to tell anyone, about the fact that you have a hardware purse and a crypto currency on it.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:58:26 PM

Did you store your private key on cloud storage ?
You should write down your private key on a piece of paper and never store it on your computer.
If the ETH still there you can transfer your ETH to new address, but if it's gone.. it's gone.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 03:59:46 PM

Too bad! I am very sorry about it, there's nothing you can do now especially when the hacker is in possession of your private key. The only thing you can do now is change your ETH wallet by creating a new one, however try as much as you can to protect your new private key.

HOMT

Powered by,
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:16:17 PM

You probably entered the private key into phising site so the hacker got your private key, right now the best decision is to abandon the wallet and make a new eth wallet, don't forget to bookmark the real site and use the bookmark link whenever you access mew. Also please make sure you are in the right site before opening your wallet, if you care more about your security then that kind of thing won't happen again.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
firaituaku

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:16:55 PM

maybe you make a mistake or let someone else steal your private key. immediately create a new wallet and never again open the wallet through your smartphone because the security is easy to hack. my advice is to use a computer or laptop for more security.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:13:09 PM

it is now in the control of the hacker, you must change your wallet, try to create a new one, and secure it, dont ever expose it on public.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
twostepsally

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:31:01 PM

maybe you make a mistake or let someone else steal your private key. immediately create a new wallet and never again open the wallet through your smartphone because the security is easy to hack. my advice is to use a computer or laptop for more security.

It good future saving wallet. No one can hack the wallet. Wallet key is your end. So you are the responsible for the your wallet. Don't share the wallet private key. If share any one easy to hack your wallet. If want to check the balance use the wallet address. Don't use the private key. This not safe. So safely use and follow the wallet rules and regulation. This information help to safely use wallet.  
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:50:44 PM

That is really sad. Think of it as a life lesson and be more careful next time. Make sure you have secured your wallet and your computer is completely clean and free from all kind of nasty stuffs. Also be careful about those phishing sites. Always do a double check when you are about to use your sensitive information.
The best thing is to create a whole new wallet and forget about your last wallet. You don't want to risk anything.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Demon Hunter

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:51:46 PM

The reports of theft of crypto currencies has increased day by day. Coin holders must be extra careful in the security of their coins. this meaning keeping their computer safe from malware, staying away from phishing sites and not giving away their passkey to any site. Choosing a stronger wallet will also increase the security.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:52:32 PM

If your private key is compromised there is nothing you can do, if you still have any tokens or ETH left there, better create a new wallet and move it there.
Always keep your private keys safe, keep them on a piece of paper or use MEW as offline wallet.
If you have a big amount, its always better to move to a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger.
lovly

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:24:50 PM

I am sorry for what you experienced, but it is certainly not one of the people who have stolen from you, this is what happened between the bounty bunter, there are some dianta those who just want to profit in the wrong way, but this is a great lesson for you will later when you fill a bounty form to be careful when filling the data, keep your swallow key in another place, so when you copy wallpaper amlamat you are not wrong to enter, hopefully this could be your suggestion.

QUIZANDO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ QUIZANDO
https://quizando.io/
vallarit11

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

you're victim of phishing dude, you need to creat new wallet and be careful next time that you fill up your info, you should observe first the site. i have a friend that also hacked and all of his tokens are gone.
Baby Doll

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:44:56 PM

be careful keeping your private keys. many ways hackers to steal our tokens. Now the hackers are being poor because the price is cheap in the market and trying to steal some of our money in a more sophisticated way.
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:46:16 PM

I think hardware wallet is the best wallet for security. These wallets are cheap and very easy to use. You can use Trezor or BWALLET Trezor. But it’s also true no wallet can provide you 100%security.
bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:51:05 PM

Be careful with your private key. You might have done a mistake in copying and pasting it into a google form while filling up. Others also experienced that thing, that instead of pasting their eth address, they pasted their private keys.
iSparta

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:02:08 AM

It is better to create new wallet. If you lost all ETH from your wallet then no reason to keep this wallet. Once again hackers will steal your money. It is better to use wallet on computer specally designated for it.
torrantz

Activity: 1063

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:08:48 AM

It is better to create new wallet. If you lost all ETH from your wallet then no reason to keep this wallet. Once again hackers will steal your money. It is better to use wallet on computer specally designated for it.
There's no computer that specially designed to be a cryptocurrency but instead there's a computer that's secured to its core to save privket or to install wallet so that it will have a really tight security that hacker could barely have an access to.
I'd say if you want a simple way to secure your crypto just buy hardware wallet and you will all be fine.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:11:21 AM

blockchain is decentralized and under control of no regulations or individuals. if a transaction is completed it is not possible to do anything. whatever gone is gone. if you are hacked and your funds sent to somewhere else there is nothing that you can do.
redyaprimasmara

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 08:17:18 AM

i never using private key again to open myetherwallet because of security reason.
im using metamask to access myetherwallet account.
im suggest you to use metamask too for your new wallet.
good luck and be safe bro.

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: