Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:37:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why people say only $BTC has a real future  (Read 174 times)
DikkieD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:57:05 AM

I notice a lot of people often saying that all altcoins should wither and die. That not a single altcoin project will or should survice. That there's only 1 viable blockchain project and that is bitcoin. That all spin-offs have already failed, or will fail. That 99,9% of all altcoins are scams.

I am sure you guys see this too (everywhere)...

There may be several reasons why people keep saying bitcoin is the only blockchain project to survive. I'll list a few, perhaps you guys and gals can think of more?

1) They are in BTC from the beginning and have never really done any research after the first several blockchain projects came after btc (of which a lot failed yes).

2) They see altcoins only as a way to enlarge their ownership of BTC and need to occassional spreading of fud to make sure alts do not get too popular which could negatively impact bitcoin dominance...

3) They got in too late to the party, bought into btc only at ath and after the huge (and obvious/logical) drop they have all reasons to see btc get to ath again.

4) They are burned with one of the failed blockchain projects and got out completely or only support bitcoin.

5) They are anti-crypto and don't see any point in having crypto play a vital role in incentivizing blockchain (crowd funded) projects.

I am not talking about those that simply support BTC over any other project (which is fine and their choice), I am referring to those that will never pass up a chance to completely burn any other blockchain project to the ground over bitcoin.

Got any other reasons?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:04:37 AM

As with most things, the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes. Yes, most altcoins and ICOs are scams, but there are some that are achieving things that Bitcoin can't and will continue in to the future alongside Bitcoin.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

I can assume that the focus of your post is based on profits
Yes bitcoin will have the hugest worth in the coinmarketcap but it can not achieve a lot of progress made by certain altcoins in this crypto space

A lot of project have evolved the crypto currency world physically and individually which bitcoin will never attain as its main use at the moment is a direct exchange like fiat

But projects like Neo, docademic even bobs repair recently and others  are influencing the world with their projects
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:30:37 AM

Bitcoin does have the greatest demand and price, but thanks to the altcoins the technologies go far ahead, they need a connection!
Anatolich

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:35:50 AM

As for me, btc will always be as important as gold now. And in the market, the cryptocurrency will take up more than 50%, the rest are those that are the best in their sprouting.
crampus

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:36:56 AM

I have completely different views on bitcoin, my opinion is that bitcoin has outlived its, and soon it will come to an end.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:48:30 AM

Bitcoin can be called the basis of blockchain as a technology.But nothing stands still. Now many crypto-currencies use this technology and bring their tools and functions into it. And it's good. And it's hard for me to understand those people who see only in the future bitcoin.I suppose that after a certain time we will see some completely new altcoin that will contain a huge number of functions and tools. And its price will be the biggest
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:12:23 AM

Such statements look very silly. It's like saying that only the first rocket will fly into space Smiley In fact, the greatest and most important for humanity organizations (DAOs) are still not created. Although uniquely the Internet, Bitcoin and blockchain technology occupy a special place in evolution. The main problem of Bitcoin is that its main supply belongs to 1% of the holders and this is what will not allow it to fully reveal its potential and in the future there will be more socially acceptable solutions Roll Eyes

Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:19:45 AM

Some people are sure that only bitcoin has a future, because only this crypto currency showed a tremendous growth. No other coin can boast of such results of its own progress. In addition, bitcoin remains an indicator of the market, a guide for investors.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

I notice a lot of people often saying that all altcoins should wither and die. That not a single altcoin project will or should survice. That there's only 1 viable blockchain project and that is bitcoin. That all spin-offs have already failed, or will fail. That 99,9% of all altcoins are scams.

I am sure you guys see this too (everywhere)...

There may be several reasons why people keep saying bitcoin is the only blockchain project to survive. I'll list a few, perhaps you guys and gals can think of more?

1) They are in BTC from the beginning and have never really done any research after the first several blockchain projects came after btc (of which a lot failed yes).

2) They see altcoins only as a way to enlarge their ownership of BTC and need to occassional spreading of fud to make sure alts do not get too popular which could negatively impact bitcoin dominance...

3) They got in too late to the party, bought into btc only at ath and after the huge (and obvious/logical) drop they have all reasons to see btc get to ath again.

4) They are burned with one of the failed blockchain projects and got out completely or only support bitcoin.

5) They are anti-crypto and don't see any point in having crypto play a vital role in incentivizing blockchain (crowd funded) projects.

I am not talking about those that simply support BTC over any other project (which is fine and their choice), I am referring to those that will never pass up a chance to completely burn any other blockchain project to the ground over bitcoin.

Got any other reasons?

Yes, all of your statement is correct. People tend to believe just in Bitcoin because maybe they only know Bitcoin as the only crypto and doesn't know that there are other cryptos out there.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:42:51 AM

Guess you should have posted this on the Bitcoin Discussion section. But anyway, all of us have different point of views about bitcoin. For me, bitcoin will still be above all other coins in term of popularity and volume. It was the very first digital money and the root of the blockchain technology which is today's generation's craze. It will live as long as we use blockchain.

Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:47:59 AM

Guess you should have posted this on the Bitcoin Discussion section. But anyway, all of us have different point of views about bitcoin. For me, bitcoin will still be above all other coins in term of popularity and volume. It was the very first digital money and the root of the blockchain technology which is today's generation's craze. It will live as long as we use blockchain.

Very true! Bitcoin will always be on top not only because it is the mother of all cryptocurrency, popularity, and volume. Bitcoin is also the basis of almost all of the alts value in the market.
When you say cryptocurrency, the first thing that comes to any persons mind is always bitcoin. You can disregard all the reason why btc can never be replaced on its current spot, let alone the popularity is enough.
Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:31:50 PM

All crypto-coins are tied to bitcoin by all courses on all crypto-exchanges. This hierarchy has developed and suits everyone. This situation in the real future will be permanent.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:53:56 PM

i am sure there are people that match the description you posted here but that is not all there is!

i have not been in bitcoin from early days but i have been around long enough. i have actually studied bitcoin, checked the code and know as much as i need to know about it and more. i am in no means an expert but i have tried to educate myself about bitcoin enough to know its potential and whether it is real or not.
that's my money i am putting in it so nobody cares about it but me. and i decided that bitcoin is the one that i choose to invest in an hold because i see the real future in it after spending enough time studying it and understanding it as much as i am capable of.

i have done the same with altcoins. i see a lot of cool projects for sure, a lot of interesting ideas too. but in the end when i study them deeper and start using them i am usually disappointed specially when it is the big top coins that everyone is so hyped up about.
again it is the same thing, it is my money and nobody cares about it but me. and based on my research i find 99% of the altcoins without any kind of long term potential.

am i wrong? maybe but this is the conclusion that i have made now and i am not willing to risk my money any longer than their short term pump potentials.
am i missing anything? not really! even if i am wrong i can always join the wagon later on but only when i am proven wrong not just because someone on the internet started hyping some altcoin.

i disagree with this.
first because a random opinion/comment on the forum is not going to change the course of the market. if it could then bitcoin should have died a long time ago when they were spamming bitcointalk with "bitcoin is dead" topics.
second because even if an altcoin grew  it would never threaten bitcoin's dominance. it is like saying if Chinese Yuan goes up in price, US dollar will lose dominance!!!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Colin Memfis

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:58:49 PM

if we take into account that bitcoin is in fact in no way supported financially (there is no structure responsible for it), accordingly, like any alternative coin, it can die. But alternative coins can survive it, if interest in the project paid by them will be high
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

Most people think about global adoption, Bitcoin is almost recognized across the world, it is the most popular coin, and because there is no face behind bitcoin people think it will be the future, unlike most coin where you know their founders and advisors, btc is different.
shapegray

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:05:08 PM

The main purpose of cryptocurrency are for a transaction tool that can replace fiat in the future, not just for investment tools. And that's why there will not be many who succeed in achieving that goal, and the single most potent is BTC.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:09:44 PM

Who are those "lots of people that says this?"or this was just your own perception?i am in forum almost 4-6 hours a daynd i am lucky seeing single post talking this kind of issue,so where did you get that statistics about many people do.since theres only fewer who talks this but those are just being exaggerated and no rightfully mean
surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:15:01 PM

When it comes to cryptocurrency, people always talk about the first bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, highest coin, #1 coins. So it's easy to understand why people only believe in $BTC. But I don't think there are MANY people who think ALTCOIN will die. In altcoins, we have ETH, strong, nice technology. So bitcoin is not the only option for investors.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
uletkeket

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 03:21:41 PM

Because btc has good experienced and can survive for a long time. Until now although many coin appear, bitcoin is still number one in the popularity and the price. So I think that are the reason why bitcoin has a real future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: