Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread  (Read 31276 times)
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:44:06 PM

Please don't be so reluctant to a good user experience. Maybe we find a good solution.

It's a client side task and has nothing to do with the core.

Right. Unless we need a little modification to the code for a possible solution.
evanxxx

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:44:21 PM

I *gave* you a better solution.

Allow multiple Assets with the same name.

This will cause average Joe to go "what the fuck" and stop him losing his NXT.

Why do you need to ignore my solution (your bosses are "telling you to ignore it")?

I think ur solution is worse. People will see legit "CIYAM" and fake "CIYAM", they won't read numbers, coz numbers r much harder to "read".

what about adding a field called label/nickname (whatever) which is not required to be unique and can be changed.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:44:45 PM

I feel a negative energy in this thread and am really sad about that.

You two are smart and talented but you don't leverage this.

Negative energy? If u were a programmer u would see that u r wrong. Don't worry.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:47:20 PM

Right. Unless we need a little modification to the code for a possible solution.

Right now Ian's proposal could be implemented by parsing "description" field and hiding "name" field in client software. So from my point of view (as a core developer) there is no a (technical) problem to have several "CIYAM"s.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:48:29 PM

what about adding a field called label/nickname (whatever) which is not required to be unique and can be changed.

We already have it - description field.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:54:06 PM

I feel a negative energy in this thread and am really sad about that.

You two are smart and talented but you don't leverage this.

Negative energy? If u were a programmer u would see that u r wrong. Don't worry.

Well, you could be right. I'm no programmer.

Hug each other. Moving on.
evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:56:42 PM

We already have it - description field.

just thought of that

I agree that Ian's proposal should be implemented by client software not by the core
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:16:21 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 06:07:41 PM by Anon136

there is no a (technical) problem to have several "CIYAM"s

i see what you did there Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:27:44 PM

Brando

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:07:42 PM

Hi everyone!
Due to the somewhat delicate matter of this post, I just registered this account.

I am a long time customer of Silk Road (SR) and its follower (Sheep Market, Silk Road 2.0). SR made over 1.2 billion in revenues. There are several voices who claim that it was SR who made Bitcoin popular. In the last months there were several major drawbacks for these kind of markets: The Bitcoins of the vendors / customers got stolen either from hackers or the platform itself. Of course after such bad experience especially the vendors do not want to trust their funds to an anonymous platform since there are huge trust issues involved. Desperately they are looking for an alternative solution. The Asset Exchange could solve this problem for the vendors.

What they need is (beside the obvious):
1.     The setup of their products must be easy
        a.    Description
        b.    If possible pictures
2.     Message system
3.     Easy Payment

To address the demands of the customers. The following criteria must be met:
1.     Easy access
2.     Ratings of the vendor
3.     Message System
4.     Easy Payment

Will the NXT AE be ready for that?
Needless to say if this is working there mustn’t be a lot of marketing and new investors / vendors / customers would naturally come into NXT. Result would be full order books and a price explosion.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

Hi everyone!
Due to the somewhat delicate matter of this post, I just registered this account.

I am a long time customer of Silk Road (SR) and its follower (Sheep Market, Silk Road 2.0). SR made over 1.2 billion in revenues. There are several voices who claim that it was SR who made Bitcoin popular. In the last months there were several major drawbacks for these kind of markets: The Bitcoins of the vendors / customers got stolen either from hackers or the platform itself. Of course after such bad experience especially the vendors do not want to trust their funds to an anonymous platform since there are huge trust issues involved. Desperately they are looking for an alternative solution. The Asset Exchange could solve this problem for the vendors.

1.     The setup of their products must be easy
        a.    Description
        b.    If possible pictures
2.     Message system
3.     Easy Payment

1.     Easy access
2.     Ratings of the vendor
3.     Message System
4.     Easy Payment

Needless to say if this is working there mustn’t be a lot of marketing and new investors / vendors / customers would naturally come into NXT. Result would be full order books and a price explosion.

please dont do this on our blockchain. the last thing i want is the feds breathing down my neck. the code is open source go fork it and make SilkRoadCoin.

but in answer to your question, technically, yes, a blockchain could be used to solve these problems. not asset exchange though. thats not what asset exchange is for. its for trading homogeneous resources not heterogeneous resources. "weed" for example is heterogeneous so weed colored tokens wouldn't work well in the asset exchange. what you want to do is outline a protocol for interpreting arbitrary messages in a way that is relevant to running a marketplace not an asset exchange.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:14:47 AM

In that case I would like the Asset Name *removed altogether* as otherwise I can bet someone will create an Asset called CIYAM and rip people off with it because of the name.

I'm not sure why you are in support of letting people do such squatting and scamming - it will never go down well "in the real business world".

People need names, they name everything they work with.

I like the idea of being able to include an alias or account ID when listing an asset. At the very least it would help to establish reputations. Lets face it, there are going to be people who try to scam other people. Any way that you try to stop it, people will find a way to cheat. If a unique alias where attached to a listed asset it would at least give people the opportunity to build a reputation of a legit seller, and give people who are in the buying market a way to index and identify reputable sellers. It would kind of be like An Ebay seller's ID. I don't however think that listing an alias should be required. People should have the option of being "non-listed" and as anonymous as possible.
Jerical13

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:25:41 AM

While we have no a better solution it's better to change nothing, imo.

Why do you need to ignore my solution (your bosses are "telling you to ignore it")?

This may be a good Idea. It would force sellers to have to rely more on their "Name" and reputation. It would also help to reduce the demand for asset names.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:34:33 AM

hi,
if you have any  ideas about using AE, really in real life - just simple ideas, you can post them here during next weeks Smiley

thanks
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:38:27 PM

hi,
if you have any  ideas about using AE, really in real life - just simple ideas, you can post them here during next weeks Smiley

thanks

What about software licensing ?
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:53:44 PM

Hi everyone!

a.    Description
2.     Message system
3.     Easy Payment

1.     Easy access
3.     Message System
4.     Easy Payment

please dont do this on our blockchain. the last thing i want is the feds breathing down my neck. the code is open source go fork it and make SilkRoadCoin.

u r wrong, the community can't dictate what should or not be sold, this is what we are trying to run away from
silkroad users or anybody else are more than welcome to be free to trade whatever they want on our blockchain as this will increase volume, transaction and users base.
also, we'd be helping people be more free

i am wrong? the comment you linked didn't make any positive claims. i said "please don't ________", i asked nicely.

bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:14:54 PM

CfB is developing a digital store framework on Nxt. This could be your road.
Brando

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:55:29 PM

Hi everyone!

1.     The setup of their products must be easy
        a.    Description
        b.    If possible pictures
2.     Message system
3.     Easy Payment

1.     Easy access
2.     Ratings of the vendor
3.     Message System
4.     Easy Payment

u r wrong, the community can't dictate what should or not be sold, this is what we are trying to run away from
silkroad users or anybody else are more than welcome to be free to trade whatever they want on our blockchain as this will increase volume, transaction and users base.
also, we'd be helping people be more free

i am wrong? the comment you linked didn't make any positive claims. i said "please don't ________", i asked nicely.

Following you advice that the Asset Exchange ist not the right place for this kind of marketplace I reposted this under the general NXT thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5769015#msg5769015
Jerical13

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:01:09 PM

Hi everyone!

a.    Description
2.     Message system
3.     Easy Payment

1.     Easy access
3.     Message System
4.     Easy Payment

but in answer to your question, technically, yes, a blockchain could be used to solve these problems. not asset exchange though. thats not what asset exchange is for. its for trading homogeneous resources not heterogeneous resources. "weed" for example is heterogeneous so weed colored tokens wouldn't work well in the asset exchange. what you want to do is outline a protocol for interpreting arbitrary messages in a way that is relevant to running a marketplace not an asset exchange.

Anon, could you explain what you mean by homogenous/ heterogeneous and explain the difference when it comes to functionality of the AE?
Jerical13

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:19:57 PM

While we have no a better solution it's better to change nothing, imo.

This may be a good Idea. It would force sellers to have to rely more on their "Name" and reputation. It would also help to reduce the demand for asset names.

The more I think about this idea, the more I agree with Ciyam. If multiple assets could have the same name and sellers had to list with an account or alias, it would help people to identify reputable sellers, it would eliminate name squatting, it would also help to index assets as there wouldn't be innumerable Dogecoin or Bitcoin listings with varied alterations to the name; people could just list Dogecoin or Bitcoin or whatever they where selling. It would also help smaller asset traders, because the high value popular asset names will most probably have high prices and thus favor larger, wealthier traders. It would also eliminate the need for 1000 NXT asset registration fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: