Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstampt suspend Bitcoin withdrawals  (Read 2485 times)
chipbike (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:58:04 PM

Bitstampt suspend Bitcoin withdrawals.

This will get ugly!

Bitcoin withdrawal processing suspended
Dear Bitstamp users Bitstamp’s exchange software is extremely cautious concerning Bitcoin transactions. Currently it has suspended processing Bitcoin withdrawals due to inconsistent results reported by our bitcoind wallet, caused by a denial-of-service attack using transaction malleability to temporarily disrupt balance checking. As such, Bitcoin withdrawal processing will be suspended temporarily until a software fix is issued. No funds have been lost and no funds are at risk. This is a denial-of-service attack made possible by some misunderstandings in Bitcoin wallet implementations. These misunderstandings have simple solutions that are being implemented as we speak, and we're confident everything will be back to normal shortly. Withdrawals which failed on the 10th and 11th of February will be canceled and the amounts added back to the customer account balances. We will communicate any further developments regarding this issue. Thank you for your understanding! Best regards Bitstamp team
Bitstamp Support
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:00:15 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/massive-concerted-attack-launched-bitcoin-exchanges/

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:08:03 PM

That is what happens when everyone want to profit and no one care about the technical side.

Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

At least it is being worked on now.
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

Better safe than sorry
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:11:22 PM

bitcoin exchanges and other sites need to do some better work on security also its very bad after every few days we have DDoS and some other problems

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

Yeah well they have no choice now.

Barek

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:15:18 PM

Yeah well they have no choice now.

Yeah, it's a little sad that this it what it takes.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:31:08 PM

Someone wants to drive the price down no matter what, or the guys that used to use the maleability issue to make profit, thinks it's a matter of time till they are found, and brought the big guns and are going nuclear before fixs are implemented and the whole txid is disregarded, anyway popcorn time ^^
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:53:23 PM

can someone explain to me, does this mean MtGox arent full of shit? ..... but hold on havent BTC-e already sorted the problem?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:59:23 PM

can someone explain to me, does this mean MtGox arent full of shit? ..... but hold on havent BTC-e already sorted the problem?

I thought the problem gox had was based on their outdated software that they hadn't upgraded?
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:00:51 PM

I thought the problem gox had was based on their outdated software that they hadn't upgraded?

i have no clue, anyone?
Barek

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:03:39 PM

Every statement is biased.

Mt.Gox telling of doom and the lead devs saying nothing is wrong. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:04:22 PM

i have no clue, anyone?

Either way they shouldn’t have blabbed about it like they did. They could've handled it better. I'm sure more info will be available soon.
Barek

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:07:24 PM

Either way they shouldn’t have blabbed about it like they did. They could've handled it better. I'm sure more info will be available soon.

Who said they did not try? Just look at the initial response of "Noting is wrong, deal with it.".

How often have you read a story of someone discovering a vulnerability only to be ignored, until there is a working exploit for it?
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

maybe MtGox & Bitstamp need to contact BTC-e then and pay them to sort it out?
Barek

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:11:05 PM

maybe MtGox & Bitstamp need to contact BTC-e then and pay them to sort it out?

BTC-e just has not released a statement.

BTC-e withdrawal issues?

I'm also waiting for a withdrawal from BTC-e that I initiated about 20h ago. Blockchain.info doesn't even show a transaction for it.
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:12:05 PM

For some reason I don't think this is as big a deal as Gox's troubles.

Bitstamp was very up-front about why it was happening and let everyone know that it was cool. Of course, this probably has to do with their proficiency in ENGLISH just as much as their "we actually give a shit" attitude.

Gox is inept, Bitstamp is on top of their shit.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:13:21 PM

Who said they did not try? Just look at the initial response of "Noting is wrong, deal with it.".

How often have you read a story of someone discovering a vulnerability only to be ignored, until there is a working exploit for it?

The issue was already known. They made out like it was a massive flaw in the system and was blaming that for their issues which they could've solved themselves.
Barek

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

The issue was already known. They made out like it was a massive flaw in the system and was blaming that for their issues which they could've solved themselves.

And had they solved it quietly, we still would have a ticking time bomb on our hands.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the mess, but at least everyone now knows what is up and it is worked on.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: