Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhausting Scammers!  (Read 387 times)
JaoBadjap (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:26:29 PM

I have been here at the forum for a while now.
I Was Active On Bounties.
However this is what happens.
Some or almost half of the Bounty Programs I joined, turns out to be a scam.
Some Members Even duplicate my credentials/reports and the worst part is,
Some attempted to KYC my bounty payment.

This experience is exhausting and frustrating.

You guys?
What do you think we can do to prevent or stop such scam projects or people that imitates us?
And what are your experience with them? and what did you do?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:42:53 PM

If you are referring to the services being a scam then, try to find a bounty running by TokenMarket, BountyPortal or reputable bounty managers on the forums but If you're speaking about the members impersonating other members then there isn't much that can be done here. If the manager is vigilant, that shouldn't affect the original participant in anyway.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

I've experienced those things as well. Not as bad as you though, at least no one imitates me or something. Well, at least i never found out that, so i don't know if that happened or not.
But i ever joined a bounty program for long, it's hard and exhausting, with lots of post and other complicated rules. I joined them for quite long time, months, and it turns out to be a scam. I really expect much from that but well, here goes nothing. From that i became so upset that i stop joining bounties for quite a time. But well now i'm back and try to be even more selective and careful before i join a bounty so the same thing won't happen again.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
JaoBadjap (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 01:26:59 PM

If you are referring to the services being a scam then, try to find a bounty running by TokenMarket, BountyPortal or reputable bounty managers on the forums but If you're speaking about the members impersonating other members then there isn't much that can be done here. If the manager is vigilant, that shouldn't affect the original participant in anyway.
Thanks for the tip, and ill try to follow this managers. if i see some of their bounties.
And yeah i wish the managers are vigilant, but i cant blame them that much. cause of the volume of participants is quite hard to manage.
but yet its really annoying
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:34:34 PM

Thanks for the tip, and ill try to follow this managers. if i see some of their bounties.
And yeah i wish the managers are vigilant, but i cant blame them that much. cause of the volume of participants is quite hard to manage.
If you're credentials are being duplicated and scams as well, i'm assuming you're doing bounties for TokenSuite. They're pretty lazy doing their jobs as campaign managers and consecutive scam bounties. Its reputation is decreasing every second, but i don't know why people still patronizes them.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:42:15 PM

If you're credentials are being duplicated and scams as well, i'm assuming you're doing bounties for TokenSuite. They're pretty lazy doing their jobs as campaign managers and consecutive scam bounties. Its reputation is decreasing every second, but i don't know why people still patronizes them.
That's because the participants are lazy as well. See bounties run by the TokenSuite are so dumb, even less post counts receive stakes. Doing your job untruthfullly (doing and d2ob less effort to do) lessens your job.
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

You guys?
What do you think we can do to prevent or stop such scam projects or people that imitates us?

I guess start working a normal job and stop using these forums as a bounty spam fest.  I'm sorry to hear of your experience but this place is filled with so many scammers its crazy.
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:50:33 PM

You guys?

Maybe you should not join every shit and expect a good return. In my oponion it`s the same as you invest in an ico. dyor before investing.
The good thing is you use no money for it. The bad thing is you put your time and work on it which is nevertheless money just on an other way.  Undecided

burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:51:14 PM

Well it does not matter as long as that the eth address you had was right in the spreadsheet and not being changed as we all know that there are many people doing scam and that relatively going to do anything just to gain the tokens or the coins from you. We should expect that there are many cheaters in this unknown process or system. If only it is like facebook with pictures so that we can identify the real people behind the accounts.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
JaoBadjap (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:31:47 AM

Well it does not matter as long as that the eth address you had was right in the spreadsheet and not being changed as we all know that there are many people doing scam and that relatively going to do anything just to gain the tokens or the coins from you. We should expect that there are many cheaters in this unknown process or system. If only it is like facebook with pictures so that we can identify the real people behind the accounts.
Well thats the thing, the problem is. yes the original eth address and all other credentials are there.
But the problem is, specially if the bounty is around 3k+ participants. They cant check, if its the real one.
Think about that, a second(the fake one) with same credentials and different eth address.
it is possible if the manager wasnt able to identify the two. the fake one could earn stakes by just doing that.
JaoBadjap (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:33:22 AM

You guys?

I guess start working a normal job and stop using these forums as a bounty spam fest.  I'm sorry to hear of your experience but this place is filled with so many scammers its crazy.
Im working my daily normal job. and im not using the forum for bounty spam.
im here to participate, and every bounty i join. i join legitimately and i put some time and focus on it.
and yeah, this place is filled with scammers.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:00:31 AM

your fate is tragic.
this is a business that has no guarantee, so it is not certain you will be paid or not. my advice to know who bounty manager who already has track recor, please search digrup this. Just follow the bounty campaign. although this is not a guarantee but can minimize you avoid the scam project, because they must have dilakkukan project checks that they handle
Wickedwitch28

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:10:20 AM

You cannot tell the bounty campaign is a scan right there and then. There are bounty campaigns that really is a scam but most of bounty campaigns here in the forum is legit. There are lots of reason why bounty campaigns cannot pay you because they have a cap for their tokens and maybe there are no investors invested on their tokens that they are promoting.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
boblets243

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:11:22 AM

You guys?

t is frustrating indeed to encounter a scam ICOs.  Basically we have complied all the rules to achieve such reward and ends up nothing. But I don't think we will stop doing bounties because of this.  For now,  the best thing to do is to be select the project well,  the project team and the bounty manager.
Melit02

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:27:08 AM

Yes, they are a waste of our time, they don't have heart to those who get scammed. We should be careful on our private accounts, especially our passwords. It's very frustrating because we do our best to receive our own rewards, but they don't give that to us.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:34:49 AM

Mostly it is very hard for us to know which bounties are scam so it is hard to know which ones are before the end of the campaign when they don't end up paying out. What we can do though is when we encounter such scam bounties then we should make sure to report them and put the word out there so that others will know not to sign up for these scam bounties.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:39:15 AM

to minimize bounty fraud should be analyzed ICO project before deciding to join the project, although there is still a scammer indictment but that is only a small possibility
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:46:51 AM

The scams are just getting too intelligent to handle.Yesterday they stole the things from MEW using a snooping techinique of users using Holo VPN.It really sucks

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Quadrant75

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:50:30 AM

You can always tell the bounty manager is someone is impersonating you. There are a lot of scammers out there but if they don't succeed i think they will flourished if we will be vigilant.
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

You guys?

KYC your bounty doesn't necessarily mean that the project is scam. Many legit projects do that. If there are clones of your profile, well you need to deal with that. Also if you join scam bounty, I think it's only your mistake as you weren't able to make proper research
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: