Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 03:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Activating MEW account  (Read 143 times)
Philip Ruby (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:13:43 PM

I was just about to open a MEW wallet. I entered my e-mail and details, several times checked if I wrote my e-mail address correctly, but I never received the confirmation e-mail with account activation link. Has anyone else had the same problem?
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

I was just about to open a MEW wallet. I entered my e-mail and details, several times checked if I wrote my e-mail address correctly, but I never received the confirmation e-mail with account activation link. Has anyone else had the same problem?

well, you are in trouble,
why ? because you are in a fake site
MYETHERWALLET.COM NEVER ASKS YOU FOR EMAIL OR PASSORD AND NEVER AND NEVER AND WILL NEVER ASK YOU SUCH INFORMATIONS.

DELETE THOSE DETAILS, AND VISIT MYETHERWALLET.COM, CREATE YOUR PASSWORD, SAVED YOUR JSONFILE, AND FOLLOW THE PROMPT.

Visit the right site, or us metamask.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:22:19 PM

MEW does not ask for your email address, did you reveal any private key or confidential information to this particular website? Don’t send any coins to the newly created wallet.
Philip Ruby (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

Thank you for your reply! Luckily I wrote here and will not tranfer money into that wallet. I will follow the link you just suggested. Thank you a lot!
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 01:27:01 PM

My friend I don't think you are doing the right thing because MEW can never ask you for your email, please recheck your website address because might have opened a fake MEW site.

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:28:46 PM

You are obviously on a fake site. My Ether Wallet doesn't ask for your email.  When you create a new wallet you enter a password, then you get your ISON file and your private key.  When you are using MEW always check the link to verify you are on the correct site.  If you want to be completely safe just use a hardware wallet or rune MEW offline on another computer.
Philip Ruby (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:32:03 PM

Just to be sure I will continue to use my hardware wallet, this expeirience a bit scared me off. I now managed to create a real MEW wallet and yes, I dod not have to use my e-mail account. But at the moment still a bit afraid to use it.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Thank you for your reply! Luckily I wrote here and will not tranfer money into that wallet. I will follow the link you just suggested. Thank you a lot!
You are helped on the forum, just do not click on the links. Try to find the necessary link yourself. Of course, to search for or follow links from untrustworthy people, sites like MEW are a bad idea.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Disclaimert

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:07:36 PM

you can resend to verify your email. or you can double check the email address you registered, there may be an error in writing
firaituaku

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:19:25 PM

you may have entered the wrong site, because MyEtherWallet never asked you to confirm via email. do not coin the cream into the wallet and visit myetherwallet.com immediately to change your new wallet address and private key.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

DUde you are in big trouble, you are in a wrong site.
http://myetherwallet.com this is the secure site.
creating MEW Wallet does not need any email and confirmations.
you just need to put your desire address and then you are on just make sure to save the private key and file.
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:22:56 PM

Creating a Myetherwallet account is very easy and does not require email, check back the address you used before creating the account.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:28:51 PM

It never asked for your email and you have been getting phishing by scammer. You should move your balance as fast as possible. I guess you need to secure your amount before the scammer will try to steal it.
MEW never asked your personal data just like email or any other data.
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:36:38 PM

as far as I know MEW wallet never asked for our email to activate, because create MEW account simply by saving our keystone file or private key only.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Yes, I think you got phished. You can create new MEW wallets with only choosing password after which you are given your private key and keystore file (also paper wallet if you wish) to work with. MEW never asks you for e-mail or private keys upon signing up. Be careful, but I know it is hard.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:03:14 PM

MEW isn't asking for any email and you don't have to confirm any 2FA email message.

You have been phished by someone and you entered your details including your email and most important information that you shouldn't share.

MEW is only asking for JSON,private key, etc before accessing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:11:52 PM

This is the reason why we need bitcointalk, otherwise these newbies will get scammed and never return to crypto again. By safeguarding these newcomers we will expand the community and ensure crypto has a strong long term future ahead

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
buy_crypt_sell

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:12:14 PM

Most likely you are not on the site that should be in fact. Carefully check that you are on this site: www.myetherwallet.com/. All other sites are fake.
arjen18

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:32:35 PM

Myetherwallet is never asking your email add I think you entered a wrong site because in myetherwallet the only thing you need to do is to save you PK or Json File and no email required before you can create an account.
juliehunt07

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:41:40 AM

"The market of crypto currency has more than 1500 hundred coins. There are both good and bad ones in the market.

It probably is an indication of red flags as new does not require your email. It would be better to invest in the bitcoin first to have some experience about the market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: