Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining is costly...  (Read 1877 times)
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:58:25 AM

sure, mining is needed high cost like the electricity and the maintenance, from the price right now and the difficulty of any coin right now there are many miners that stop mining because they don't get any profit. maybe if someday there are good hardware  to mining in effeicency i think will makes high profit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

i think that mining is too expensive and it becomes more and more expensive day after day! how to deal with this? I have read that in Russia there is a city devoted to mining crypto, I don't know whether it is a good idea to mine or not
solarisexodus (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:01:16 PM

Bitcoin mining is not costly actually because it is unlimited. Cost of mining is high? Of course cost of profit is high too.

If there could be some accounting way which indeed miners have; if the cost to mine a single coin would equal to the profit that I could gain, then probably there`s no point of achieving a higher profit because it is still break even. The cost of profit might not be inline with the source of profit in selling bitcoin (since income is based on trading exchanges); however, miners accounted their total income over their cost of getting a coin based on the value in the exchange (per coin). So, if the cost of mining is high = high profit; then it would be the same as with luxurious commodities out there. Though it cannot be compared to high-end commodities because bitcoin is not a product - it is an investment.

So my point, if the income is adjacent to its cost and cannot be monitored; and if we cannot control over it then mining nowadays is not advisable at all.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:23:06 PM

One thing to say mining bitcoin consumes a large amount of electricity and it would take lots of equipment to manned the mining. There should be a development in making the cost of bitcoin lower; given that lower mining cost could yield a higher profit. However, it matters on trading and exchanges.

If you compare the electricity cost of bitcoin with paper money, i think producing paper money is require more resources to consume.
At first, mining bitcoin was very profitable, but now everyone seems want to mining bitcoin. The difficulty is very high now, makes it hard to mine.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:34:20 PM

One thing to say mining bitcoin consumes a large amount of electricity and it would take lots of equipment to manned the mining. There should be a development in making the cost of bitcoin lower; given that lower mining cost could yield a higher profit. However, it matters on trading and exchanges.

Bitcoin mining is costly. But maybe you can mine different coins like eth. If i had the capital for this i would venture into it no question. I would invest in solar or wind or kinetic for electricity cost. The only problem Is capital. It takes money to make money.

cc80aa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:12:23 PM

country like Philippines is not required to do mining bitcoin because of the high electricity  cost.mining is fit only to the country that low electricity cost.
nararifki

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:16:39 PM

of course, very inefficient if electricity is more expensive in comparison with the proceeds from bitcoin sales, especially now the value of bitcoin falls
radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:27:42 PM

True, bitcoin mining certainly takes a lot of electrical energy assumptions and spends a lot of money. In addition, the equipment used must be adequate and of course requires a large capital to equip mining equipment to generate profits. Bitcoin mining is difficult to simplify its function, since most mining factors require a large power source, unless electricity costs in the country have a very low cost.
Nexjr14

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:35:58 PM

Of course, Bitcoin mining costs a lot, but it's worth the profit. And when viewed from the equipment needed for Bitcoin mining, this is not cheap equipment. And when the mining process requires continuous electricity. A piece of equipment, knowledge, and capital are things to really pay attention to if you want to do mining.
braZZers123

Activity: 216
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:41:34 PM

The price for the extraction of bitcoin can not so rapidly increase as its market price. Therefore, it is much more important to accompany the rise of its price in the economic arena.

●● BELIFEX.COM ●●
◆ Belifex Blockchain Solutions is Public Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Project & Fully Open-source  ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Youtube
HelixVin

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:43:09 PM

Yes. Not costly of your money but costly of your time. But its profitable so why not?
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:57:06 PM

Electricity bills are the biggest expense for miners, and mining has become increasingly difficult as the price of bitcoin has fallen recently. The cost is already too high.
That's really killing miners right now, the mining expenses is far more than the mined coins, I guess those who are still in this field are people who still hoping and believing that somehow mine coins can be save and hold inside their wallet and wait till the value increases again.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:55:41 PM

Mining will take more intensity of power and also dinner state of machines. By today mining is more prominent in light of the fact that pice of bitcoins which are earned by mining is higher than mining cost.
Nazir0012

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:03:22 PM

As you stated, it relies upon on the trading and exchanges. Mining bitcoin might be luxurious supplied with plenty of equipments however it is well worth it. but on the other hand, if the charge become a little lower, then more human beings could make investment.
miraj0007

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:21:12 PM

I know Bitcoin is a very expensive coin, which is no more expensive than this world. Bitcoin is a digital currency that can not be directly hand-held because it is a software and it is currently using Bitcoin for various purposes.
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:35:23 PM

The high price of mining I think depends on the area of residence because the electricity tariff of each country is different and the equipment used is also different, depending on the chosen for mining. But the price of cryptocurrency not affected by this only affects the amount of bitcoin being mined. The price of cryptocurrency depends on other factors. One is supply and demand.
Agaguk24

Activity: 242

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:38:55 PM

Mining is expensive as mining equipment is sold at a price so that expected mining rewards are cash-negative when compared to outright buying BTC - otherwise companies like Bitmain would just mine themselves; I see BTC mining as a hobby personally.

ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:51:27 PM

yes, bitcoin mining requires a lot of capital for electricity problems. this is very realized by miners propesional. but I think there are always tricks that can make it more efficient, it's just that I do not know the technical problems, I suggest you try to visit the board mine in this forum there are many discussions there.

Frisianhug

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:04:54 PM

I think today mining is becoming more and more expensive. Calculations are becoming increasingly difficult and more computers are trying to complete these tasks, which is why miners need to have more powerful tools that will be able to deal with more difficult calculations. Moreover, the cost for electricity is also not low, so I think you should find other alternatives, such as investing in bitcoin or follow bounty campaign.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:14:38 PM

I think advancing the process and software and equipment for bitcoin mining is the the development we need in the bitcoin community right now because the high cost of mining bitcoin is a great problem which we face at present moment, if their can be new advance means of mining bitcoin it will help the bitcoin network to grow fast and spread widely within a short period from now. We look forward to see new development in that aspects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: