Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOMO3D, a crazy ICO mockery game made on the Ethereum blockchain  (Read 1612 times)
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:53:57 PM

However several people have a serious and reasonable concern about the way Fomo Quick was managed.

Long story short, only 1 person managed to get in ICO with a 4000 gwei transaction (which costed alone 1 eth), and after ICO was over great part of the dividends went to him, and interestingly enough he also was the one to win the jackpot.

This, together with the fact rules were unclear to everyone and only disclosed a few minutes before the start of the round, people have been left wondering whether this winner is part of the team or has been colluding with them.

Stop lying.

My guess is about a 100 times more people than you claim got in. Prove me wrong. It's transparent on the blockchain.

It has been obvious for months that there will be an "ICO". The time of it was announced a week before, developers warned the community that it will be a very short one. The actual duration was announced 37 minutes before start, in a Discord with 17 thousand members.

And do enlighten us how this "collusion" fantasy went on and how it would even be possible in the real world.

Cobra isn't lying.

https://etherscan.io/address/0xfffffff1ac8dcf49f4afd3f90995120e568740f9#internaltx

This person sent 1200 eth in the ico phase just to withdraw 1568 eth minutes later and then to drain the contract for another 2465 eth.

Just accept the fact you guys fucked up. The first round rewarded one individual at the expenses of several others. Not exactly the best strategy for building a community.

Learn from your mistake, apologize and do something good for the community, and you'll turn a negative into a positive.

Be passive aggressive, treat anyone who highlight the truth a liar, and you'll make the problem even worse.

Your call.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:03:14 PM

However several people have a serious and reasonable concern about the way Fomo Quick was managed.

Long story short, only 1 person managed to get in ICO with a 4000 gwei transaction (which costed alone 1 eth), and after ICO was over great part of the dividends went to him, and interestingly enough he also was the one to win the jackpot.

This, together with the fact rules were unclear to everyone and only disclosed a few minutes before the start of the round, people have been left wondering whether this winner is part of the team or has been colluding with them.

Stop lying.

My guess is about a 100 times more people than you claim got in. Prove me wrong. It's transparent on the blockchain.

It has been obvious for months that there will be an "ICO". The time of it was announced a week before, developers warned the community that it will be a very short one. The actual duration was announced 37 minutes before start, in a Discord with 17 thousand members.

And do enlighten us how this "collusion" fantasy went on and how it would even be possible in the real world.

This arrogant attitude you can have it on your discord. Nobody here is scared of your low level bullying.
I have told you what people are saying, you like it or not. I have not said that I have the proof there was a collusion (or directly an insider job), however I do think it is a plausible hypothesis. Either it happened, or the fomo 3d quick fiasco was simply very poorly managed. The actual rules were given out only a few minutes prior to the start. Prior to this, incorrect information were given; I remember details such as the timer to be set as 90 seconds, a maximum  1 ETH donation per address, for instance. By doing that you gave zero chance to the community to make an informed decision; it was just a blind gamble based on the trust they had in you, and the result is in front of everyone. Next time, just don't be a prick.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:40:24 PM

I'm not passive aggressive, I'm actively aggressive towards lies and slander. 37 minutes is not a "few minutes". And 100 participants is not "one participant".

Not only the first round, but EVERY round rewards one individual at the expense of others. It's a lottery.

If you're uncapable of accepting responsibility for your actions and feel that you must blindly throw Ethereum into things you don't understand, go read the first line of text in this thread.
Get help. And run away from things like this.

CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:51:19 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 11:04:05 PM by CobraJ

Nothing I said is a lie, and you are the one who is absolutely full of shit if you deny the evidence.
The link to etherscan is in front of everyone.

And no, first round was not a lottery if rules were hidden. Also 37 minutes "is not a few minutes" my ass. There was still confusion around certain things as a result of different information having been given out before, and the discord was going crazy.
People who didn't know the rules pushed transactions during ICO but those arrived (thanks to paying less than 1 ETH in gas fees) after ICO when the price per key was 1000x higher (over 1 eth per key), and lost everything. That's your "community" right there.  The "hundreds of participants" who broke even shouldn't be counted in the equation when other hundreds lost everything at the expenses of that 4000 ETH guy.
The winner was not selected randomly, but was simply someone who somehow knew exactly what to do.
You assume I lost ETH into this but I myself did not even play nor wanted to make a big fuzz about it, as what I said is what has been said pretty much in every 4 chan thread. You are just making a fool of yourself by displaying such low level of intellectual honesty.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:19:43 PM

CobraJ: "Long story short, only 1 person managed to get in ICO with a 4000 gwei transaction"

This is a complete and utter, easily provable lie.  

Goodbye.
hammer_trx

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:28:46 PM

Nothing I said is a lie, and you are the one who is absolutely full of shit if you deny the evidence.
The link to etherscan is in front of everyone.

And no, first round was not a lottery if rules were hidden. Also 37 minutes "is not a few minutes" my ass. There was still confusion around certain things as a result of different information having been given out before, and the discord was going crazy.
People who didn't know the rules pushed transactions during ICO but those arrived (thanks to paying less than 1 ETH in gas fees) after ICO when the price per key was 1000x higher (over 1 eth per key), and lost everything. That's your "community" right there.  The "hundreds of participants" who broke even shouldn't be counted in the equation when other hundreds lost everything at the expenses of that 4000 ETH guy.
The winner was not selected randomly, but was simply someone who somehow knew exactly what to do.
You assume I lost ETH into this but I myself did not even play nor wanted to make a big fuzz about it, as what I said is what has been said pretty much in every 4 chan thread. You are just making a fool of yourself by displaying such low level of intellectual honesty.

I'm not sure if it was a lie or just natural consequence of these sort of new DAPPs so I will not condemn anyone, just to put it into perspective these kind of DAPPs are getting more and more common, I found this one that lets you play pitching pennies on ethereum: https://www.reddit.com/user/spartacus_satoxi/comments/91jgro/pitch_n_toss_with_real_ether_at_this_smart/
The good thing about it is that it has ICO every 2100 blocks (like EOS crowdsale but more frequent and min contribution is 0.001 Ether) and the way they put it is also quite cool: Ever played Pitch N Toss? It's an old-school game in which people throw coins towards a wall and the one who lands closest to the wall takes all the coins. This smart contract lets you play Pitch N Toss with real Ether.  (you choose a block, that block becomes the wall and the person who throws Ether closest to that block wins all the others' Ethers,  if you hit the wall (transaction appear after the target block), you will be participating in the ICO. Every 2100 blocks the contract will automatically distribute 10,000,000 satoxi tokens among ICO participants of that distribution period according to their contribution.)
The bad thing about it is that they don't have a GUI and you have to play with a wallet like myEtherWallet, I asked them on reddit why u dont have GUI? from their answer I understood they want to build a strong community, and they want everyone get piece of the pie so they leave things like GUI, advertisement , etc. to the community.
The bottom line is instead of condemning each-other let's all get piece of the pie!
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1434

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:07:39 PM

I wanted to post my experience feedback on fomo3d: I entered fomolong about a week after it was launched. I recovered my initial investment and make good profits (x3 envion) (thanks to chinese massive investment !!) So I naturally invested back in p3d and of course in fomoquick ...

And there things did not happened the way I had imagined  Grin. I invested what I could lose but still a lot of money for me at ico. I found myself facing whales throwing 1200 eth, and I especially made the mistake of not paying enough gas fee to enter ico as soon as possible. I ended up with a ridiculously low number of keys (not even one entire key !!) and have not recovered more than a sixth of my bet .... I'm kidding now but on the spot I was less at the party Smiley

Nevertheless I'm not here for fud Smiley I enjoyed this game and I must admit that the team Just is just awesome Smiley  Cool
Tyr808

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

I wanted to post my experience feedback on fomo3d: I entered fomolong about a week after it was launched. I recovered my initial investment and make good profits (x3 envion) (thanks to chinese massive investment !!) So I naturally invested back in p3d and of course in fomoquick ...

And there things did not happened the way I had imagined  Grin. I invested what I could lose but still a lot of money for me at ico. I found myself facing whales throwing 1200 eth, and I especially made the mistake of not paying enough gas fee to enter ico as soon as possible. I ended up with a ridiculously low number of keys (not even one entire key !!) and have not recovered more than a sixth of my bet .... I'm kidding now but on the spot I was less at the party Smiley

Nevertheless I'm not here for fud Smiley I enjoyed this game and I must admit that the team Just is just awesome Smiley  Cool

That's what cobra described.. you're not the only one, everybody except the whale either lost eth or evened out.

The team might be working on a new game, let's see if they recover the 35000 eth of capitals in the PoWH3D contract they lost.

shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:58:51 AM

It seems like the real Fomo has only begun. The Fomo3D Long version's timer is now regularly in the few minutes range, right now it's at 3 minutes.
And the winner will get more than 10 000 Ethereum.

https://exitscam.me/fomo3d
Tyr808

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:25:32 AM

We might get a winner as soon as there's an unusually long block. Shitloada pending txs.

vaddi

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:22:41 PM

shouldn't be too expensive to clog the network for 2 minutes
Tyr808

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:21:07 AM

shouldn't be too expensive to clog the network for 2 minutes

Reward's worth fuck all however with eth so low.

shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:26:22 PM

Round 2 of Fomo Long has started, the preseed is around 5000 Ethereum. Thus right now keys are extremely cheap versus the possible reward.

The winner of round one won around 3 000 000 USD, the Fomo lottery has made a new millionaire!

shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:10:30 PM

There's currently 6776 ETH in the pot, 5450 of this has been pre-seeded from the previous round, so keys are still very cheap.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:25:36 PM

Round 2 of Fomo Long has started, the preseed is around 5000 Ethereum. Thus right now keys are extremely cheap versus the possible reward.

The winner of round one won around 3 000 000 USD, the Fomo lottery has made a new millionaire!

I think people should remember gains are being paid from entrance fees and everyone can see the ETH pot in the smart contract. It is transparent. So I don't see any problem with this game. Even POWH3D is not a ponzi scheme if you analyze it deeply. Unless there is some bad math in the code or other bug, this is definitely solid and transparent.
vaddi

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:04:57 AM

when will round 2 end?
TeamMobius
Copper Member

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:31:31 PM

I think team Just needs some competition  Wink The smart contract code sucks, and I don't think it's on purpose...
shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:35:15 PM

Round two of Fomo Long is still in progress, there's currently 6800 ETH in the pot.

TeamMobius you're welcome to criticize the code, but help us out here and cite which parts you think suck and how you would improve them.
Because it's hard to see why you copy pasted the code to create your own unsuccessful clone if you really think it sucks so much.
shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:48:56 PM

Round 4 has just started, 70 ETH has been preseeded.
shizzle_my_nizzle (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:26:03 PM

Round 4 pot is still very small compared to the preseed, so why not take a look. And remember, you can refer people and earn a 10% fee without costing them anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: