Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Legal Representation  (Read 754 times)
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:42:43 PM

I'm wondering if the Bitcoin foundation has formal mechanics in place to fund legal representation for purposes of forwarding/defending Bitcoin.

I'm talking about high end New York, Chicago, LA firms lined up and ready to roll.

If not, are there plans in the works for this?

It seems to me that going forward someone has to speak for Bitcoin and likely defend it against the banks, governments etc., and that has to be a seasoned group that know how the system works and has the resources and influence to push back against people that have the resources to push as hard as anyone on the planet.

As a follow on to that is there a bitcoin lobby group that is busting on Congress in the US or globally?

If necessary take some cut of mining fees or something to establish funds for this sort of activity.  Anything not used beyond a certain amount is put back into circulation, donated to a charity or some such thing.  The logistics can be put in place I'm sure, but it seems to me that Bitcoin needs this sort of firepower going forward.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: