Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am done with Cryptsy... please help me find another exchange  (Read 4121 times)
tenaciouzd (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:44:43 PM

Primarily all I use is BTC/LTC/DOGE. DOGE is almost always the most profitable for multipool, so that's what I am always mining. I am sick and tired of the amount of time it takes from when I get my notification of funds being transferred to my cryptsy wallet that they actually do show up in my account. And lately I have been having to open tickets just to get my damn transactions to go to my account. I am not going to open a ticket for every single transfer I make to their wallets. And with this huge delay it defeats the purpose of even mining the 7777 port to switch to most profitable coins because by the time you cash out and they show up in your account you lost money by not just sticking to DOGE. Le alone when you open a ticket, they will randomly change the ticket from being process to say awaiting your response, and they have not even replied back on the tick so you know what the hell they are waiting for a response for. And on top of that the worthless auto sell feature doesn't even work properly. Works on 10% of my deposits, which seems to be only the smaller ones. My larger deposits never auto sell. And yes, I have checked the limits and I am not going over the 1-******** setting with these deposits that do not auto sell. So I have to go in and manually sell everything even though I have specified it to auto sell. Like the other day I initiated a transfer of DOGE 10x larger then my next by about 4 hours. The one i sent 4 hours later that was about 10x smaller went through before the other one I made 4 hours before, and autosold. The 10x larger one showed up 2 hours after the smaller one, and didn't autosell. So I waited 6 more hours in total over the smaller one sent that a requested after the larger one. Short story short it took 17 hours to get 8,500 doge into my crypsty account after being confirmed by the blockchain. Luckily, the price didn't drop in this amount of time, which it easily could have. It was not like this when DOGE wasn't as valuable. It was very quick.

So does anyone know a exchange that works with these 3 primary coins that is fast and efficient and wont pull the bullshit cryptsy pulls. Thanks.
starbaby6

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:45:34 PM

BigVern should be arrested
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:51:05 PM

Withdraw coins to your wallet, save some good amount and transfer to cryptsy. I think these delays are because all these people mining & sending coins from mining directly to exchange, what is not recommended. All that transaction spam must generate huge load. That's just my opinion Smiley

BTW I hate all these cryptsy delays too Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
tenaciouzd (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:02:52 PM

I am not interested in pooling coins. I am interested in maximizing daily profits. Yes sure, If I pooled all the doge I had at current prices, I would have made a fair chunk more. But what if DOGE fell? I would have lost more. I just like to play it safe and cashout 1 or 2 times a day. If it crypsty wasnt so slow I wouldnt everything would be fine, as I could use the multiport and mine all the most profitable ones instead of just sticking to the DOGE port and increase my profit even more.
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:04:23 PM

There are many many exchanges, bter, vicurex, openex, coinedup, what am I missing? I use cryptsy cause they seem to address the problems and I dislike bter, coinedup has a disagreeable layout and I am waiting to see openex used more by the alt community, I just have learned to deal with cryptsy delay (which is not really that often for me).

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
tenaciouzd (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:14:36 PM

check this tx, do yours take this long? this is still not in my cryptsy account nor does it show as pending.

223d3e46e5cfca43aad9e5dc82f5ebe24024197961a0e1ea7b7da4bc38d115fc   almost 12 hours ago
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:16:29 PM

Cryptsy isn't perfect but it has the volume and has support alts before most others. I have made a lot of money with cryptsy and haven't lost any coins or money yet.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
stickerzlab

Activity: 218

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:29:40 PM

yesterday my balance was in negative (btc) then I bought back and now all my coins are gone, beware of negative balance

Bitcoin related stickers : http://www.pixcoin.com | wall decals to order in btc : http://www.stickerzlab.com | DIY box : http://www.stickerzbox.fr
johnerps

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:40:39 PM

i have 11 doge that have been stuck with  five confirms on cryptsy for 3 weeks already
Wiochmen

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

Are there any exchanges out there that are as established and "trusted" as cryptsy? Last thing I'd want to do is put all my coins on a new exchange only to see the exchange vanish.  Sure, there's that risk everywhere, but I'd trust a more established one that's proved a little time.

How is cryptsy for withdrawals? Quick, or slow?
cthulu1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:23:15 PM

We’ve just completed setting up a new wallet for DOGE deposits.   Your old deposits addresses will continue to work, however the old wallet is not processed at often as the new one. If you are trading in a method that requires fast speed, then I’d recommend generating a new address.

The very large amount of activity in our main hot wallet for DOGE presented us with a couple issues:

1. The processing time it took to process new transactions into the wallet hindered the wallets ability to stay up to date with the network.    Generally it was 50-100 blocks behind in downloading the chain.   Thus causing a delay.

2. The size of the wallet database became extremely large, even running bitcointools to clean the wallet did not help.    Because of this, writing new transactions to the wallet database became slower as the database size increased.   This in turn created a vicious cycle with item #1.

So what did I do?

I have setup a brand new hot wallet for new addresses to be generated.   Since this wallet is new, it will be fast.   You are not required to generate a new deposit address, as the old hot wallet is still monitored for activity.

What you can do to help:

You can help us by trying to maximize your deposit amounts.   Dust transactions (Very small transactions) can clutter the wallet.  So if you can, try to send one large transaction instead of several small ones.

BigVern

It is simply amazing that fucking ignorant morons like the OP continue to make these FUD threads. The above post was pulled directly from cryptsy's twitter feed. Lots of information regarding downtime / issues if you ever bothered to fact check rather than start bitching about probably $10-$12 worth of dogecoin a day (if you're that concerned with daily profits, that means you're barely making anything to make mining worth it in the first place.) Trying to automate everything with auto-selling and pool-switching is just about the worst idea you can possibly have (not to mention auto-selling tacks on extra fee, which is funny considering you're not bitching about THAT). That's like saying you're going to throw a bag of money at the doors to a bank and hope someone takes it inside for you to deposit it in your account. You have to do the work to make the profits. Whoever told you this was easy or a get rich quick scheme was just leading you on. Sure, you can make money the way you're doing it, but only if you like earning pennies rather than dollars. Blame your own failure to adapt profitable investing strategies like the rest of the 1,000s of users including myself who use cryptsy every day. Time your buys, identify market trends, and you'll make heaps more than scrambling to unload a few thousand DOGE and screaming at your computer all day.
cthulu1

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:34:31 PM

There's always MtGox.

Let me know if you need a referral code!

~BCX~

Well-played sir.
MisterT

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:12:40 PM

Bter.com and Vircurex.com are my favourite exchanges!
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

We’ve just completed setting up a new wallet for DOGE deposits.   Your old deposits addresses will continue to work, however the old wallet is not processed at often as the new one. If you are trading in a method that requires fast speed, then I’d recommend generating a new address.

The very large amount of activity in our main hot wallet for DOGE presented us with a couple issues:

1. The processing time it took to process new transactions into the wallet hindered the wallets ability to stay up to date with the network.    Generally it was 50-100 blocks behind in downloading the chain.   Thus causing a delay.

2. The size of the wallet database became extremely large, even running bitcointools to clean the wallet did not help.    Because of this, writing new transactions to the wallet database became slower as the database size increased.   This in turn created a vicious cycle with item #1.

So what did I do?

I have setup a brand new hot wallet for new addresses to be generated.   Since this wallet is new, it will be fast.   You are not required to generate a new deposit address, as the old hot wallet is still monitored for activity.

What you can do to help:

You can help us by trying to maximize your deposit amounts.   Dust transactions (Very small transactions) can clutter the wallet.  So if you can, try to send one large transaction instead of several small ones.

BigVern

It is simply amazing that fucking ignorant morons like the OP continue to make these FUD threads. The above post was pulled directly from cryptsy's twitter feed. Lots of information regarding downtime / issues if you ever bothered to fact check rather than start bitching about probably $10-$12 worth of dogecoin a day (if you're that concerned with daily profits, that means you're barely making anything to make mining worth it in the first place.) Trying to automate everything with auto-selling and pool-switching is just about the worst idea you can possibly have (not to mention auto-selling tacks on extra fee, which is funny considering you're not bitching about THAT). That's like saying you're going to throw a bag of money at the doors to a bank and hope someone takes it inside for you to deposit it in your account. You have to do the work to make the profits. Whoever told you this was easy or a get rich quick scheme was just leading you on. Sure, you can make money the way you're doing it, but only if you like earning pennies rather than dollars. Blame your own failure to adapt profitable investing strategies like the rest of the 1,000s of users including myself who use cryptsy every day. Time your buys, identify market trends, and you'll make heaps more than scrambling to unload a few thousand DOGE and screaming at your computer all day.

And when you even fucken make one big deposit is STILL does not show up. It does not matter on the transaction size, the result is the same.

You mean to tell me that there are millions of emeralds moving in and out of cryptsy by the hour or by the day? This is just one example.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:22:17 PM

There's always MtGox.

~BCX~

Who to say Cryptsy is not playing the same game as Gox?

Look, we get it, you never had issues yada yada yada.... but your the exception. There are not many like you that have not had to wait many hours/days/weeks for deposits/withdraws. Just because they have you on the top of the list of people who get support right away and problems fixed does not mean many others are in the same boat as you.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
tenaciouzd (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:11:54 PM

We’ve just completed setting up a new wallet for DOGE deposits.   Your old deposits addresses will continue to work, however the old wallet is not processed at often as the new one. If you are trading in a method that requires fast speed, then I’d recommend generating a new address.

1. The processing time it took to process new transactions into the wallet hindered the wallets ability to stay up to date with the network.    Generally it was 50-100 blocks behind in downloading the chain.   Thus causing a delay.

2. The size of the wallet database became extremely large, even running bitcointools to clean the wallet did not help.    Because of this, writing new transactions to the wallet database became slower as the database size increased.   This in turn created a vicious cycle with item #1.

So what did I do?

I have setup a brand new hot wallet for new addresses to be generated.   Since this wallet is new, it will be fast.   You are not required to generate a new deposit address, as the old hot wallet is still monitored for activity.

What you can do to help:

You can help us by trying to maximize your deposit amounts.   Dust transactions (Very small transactions) can clutter the wallet.  So if you can, try to send one large transaction instead of several small ones.

BigVern

This information should be directly on the site. I shouldn't have to follow their twitter account to be in the know how to make their website function correctly you stupid arrogant cunt. I don't give a flipping fuck how much you or I make doing what we do every day. I already have a job and contribute to society and do this on the side as a hobby. Get over yourself.
tenaciouzd (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:17:26 PM

There's always MtGox.

~BCX~

Who to say Cryptsy is not playing the same game as Gox?

Look, we get it, you never had issues yada yada yada.... but your the exception. There are not many like you that have not had to wait many hours/days/weeks for deposits/withdraws. Just because they have you on the top of the list of people who get support right away and problems fixed does not mean many others are in the same boat as you.

What are you talking about?  I'm just an ordinary user.

I love it, it's always the ones crying about their .05 btc or their 26 Dogecoins that make most of the noise.

Kinda reminds me of when I was Las Vegas just recently for a conference and some lady was coming unglued at the slots attendant over a 150 penny payout on the penny slots LOL.

"oh my god, my 126 doges are lost forever, I worked so hard for that blah blah blah....."

~BCX~

Have you petitioned a forum mod to change your name to CryptsyDickRidingExpress yet? You post in every thread that has the slightest negative light on cryptsy and how great and holier than thou you/cryptsy is. I am entitled to my opinion and to ask what other options are out there. Why are you posting in my thread if you are not providing an alternative to cryptsy, but just trolling? Go get a job and get a life you loser.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:20:04 PM

Check out some of the newer exchanges. They are a much faster place to trade. Give them time to mature and they can make some great additions to alt coin trading.

CoinMarket.io: https://www.coinmarket.io

Cryptx.io: https://cryptx.io

CryptoRush: https://cryptorush.in/

- aka The "DigiMan"
bitaccumulation

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

I posted this on another Cryptsy hate thread, but hopefully it will help here too..

I know there is a lot of hatred for Ripple because many view it as a centralized currency that was pre-mined, but it is essentially a distributed and decentralized exchange.

You can trade Doge or any other currency just like you do on any other exchange.  Only difference is that Ripple has "bridges" that allow you to send your coins to the blockchain pretty much instantly (half hour or so) without having someone OK them. 

You also have the ability to transfer your funds into something that has no third party risk (XRP) - and although many do not like XRP because it was all pre-mined, it has value and can't be stolen without a secret key (just like Bitcoin).   This is the one thing missing in most exchanges.  You need to keep your coins with the exchange so you can trade, but if you want them on the blockchain you need to send them off the exchange (TIME AND MONEY).   This can all be sidestepped with Ripple. 

Here's an exchange (gateway) that has implemented this on Ripple... https://peercover.com/#/simpleGateway

You need a Ripple wallet and about 25 xrp (50 cents) to get started.  No other XRP is required except a .00001 xrp fee on trades.

GPG Public Key 505ABB9D
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:33:12 PM

So what did I do?

What you can do to help:

BigVern

How is it FUD? Real people have real problems with cryptsy. Waiting 4 hours now for my doge withdraw to even receive a TXID. That ticket was my second one open at the same time because I had WDC stuck in no mans land for 48 hours. To top that off EVERY deposit I have made since December that wasn't BTC has gotten stuck and I had to open a ticket. Not there wasn't a lot of them thats because I have tried to stop using them, but they have volume others don't on certain coins. I for one am done atleast for another month I might give it another try.
BTer hard on the eyes, but they have a trader app that looks decent. Not if my dog withdraw will show up on the dog chain that would be nice. You are obviously the ignorant moron so fuck off Big Vern nuthugger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: