Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything but Trixx?  (Read 1673 times)
oo-oo (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:20:55 AM

When i need to use the PC i boot Win7, but Trixx is a rly shity utility.
This rig is a 3 x 6950, and it doesnt show me the right of each VGA, also i cant change the clocks of 2 VGAs, i can only in the main VGA...

So, there is any other application?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:55:54 AM

I prefer ATI Tray Tools myself.
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 02:16:51 AM

I replaced MSI Afterburner and Saphire Trixx (and GUIMiner) with CGMiner.  My startup shorcut overclocks the video cards, downclocks the RAM, and sets the fans to the right RPM all in one shot.  It could even set voltage if you want to get nutty.  It can do this per video card or the same setting for all cards.  It also monitors the fan speed, temp, and much more.  Killer mining app IMO.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 02:26:09 AM

Cgminer is very useful.  The bad news is it doesn't overvolt properly.  To get the most out of 5970 you need to raise voltage.  Hell it doesn't even report voltage properly.

cgminer has made things simpler but I still need to use afterburner to modify voltage.  The annoying thing about afterburner is it won't lower mem clock <500 and cgminer can lower it to 200 (likely lower than that but hashrate suffers).

To the OP sadly I haven't found any utility which works 100% of the time to modify clock, memory, and voltage.  Seems a pretty easy thing to do but it doesn't seem to be.

There is a command line utility barelyclocked but it won't overvolt 5970s beyond 1.1V.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 11:48:45 AM

Aye, not that Trixx has improved much but if you havn't checked for a new one in a while they've just released 4.02 which adds a pull down for your vid cards. I have not tested this with profiles yet though.

To the OP sadly I haven't found any utility which works 100% of the time to modify clock, memory, and voltage.  Seems a pretty easy thing to do but it doesn't seem to be.

Nividia Inspector does it almost perfectly. shame shame. If it weren't for the mining capability I'd put my fan boy hat back on and toss this Catalyst and these Ati cards back in the box where they belong. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:49:56 PM

Aye, not that Trixx has improved much but if you havn't checked for a new one in a while they've just released 4.02 which adds a pull down for your vid cards. I have not tested this with profiles yet though.

Nividia Inspector does it almost perfectly. shame shame. If it weren't for the mining capability I'd put my fan boy hat back on and toss this Catalyst and these Ati cards back in the box where they belong. ;p

Nvidia is really the best for gaming and general usage ( best drivers ). ATI is just plain dumb unless for mining and still shitty drivers ( 100% CPU bug is been for ages ! ) so avoid unless mining.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 11:17:08 PM

ATI is just plain dumb... so avoid unless mining.
OP has 3 x 6950,

Hint: You are in the mining forum.
Tim the Magician

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 09:50:33 PM

To the OP sadly I haven't found any utility which works 100% of the time to modify clock, memory, and voltage.  Seems a pretty easy thing to do but it doesn't seem to be.

Nvidia is really the best for gaming and general usage ( best drivers ). ATI is just plain dumb unless for mining and still shitty drivers ( 100% CPU bug is been for ages ! ) so avoid unless mining.

I used to be an Nvidia fan... until I started mining I never even owned an ATI card.

Does Nvidia even have anything to compete with Eyefinity?  One of my 5970s has 6x Eyefinity so it can drive 6 monitors in a variety of interesting ways..
Tim the Magician

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 09:52:44 PM

Cgminer is very useful.  The bad news is it doesn't overvolt properly.  To get the most out of 5970 you need to raise voltage.  Hell it doesn't even report voltage properly.

cgminer has made things simpler but I still need to use afterburner to modify voltage.  The annoying thing about afterburner is it won't lower mem clock <500 and cgminer can lower it to 200 (likely lower than that but hashrate suffers).

There is a command line utility barelyclocked but it won't overvolt 5970s beyond 1.1V.

For lower memory clocks just select a different GPU and then switch back.  It will let you set it lower. (this applies to both Afterburner and Trixx)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 09:56:20 PM

For lower memory clocks just select a different GPU and then switch back.  It will let you set it lower. (this applies to both Afterburner and Trixx)

For me it doesn't.  Don't know why.  3x5970s in Win7.  I can switch back and forth, open, close, save, load, reboot, etc.  It always limits it to 500.  The most annoying thing is it seems to work for other people. 

Driver version doesn't seem to matter, reinstall doesn't matter, nothing seems to matter.

The only thing I can think of it the fact that I have 2x 5970s from ATI and 1x5970 black edition from XFX.  I know brand shouldn't matter but maybe something in the firmware in one or the other doesn't like the other.

Anyways I have found setting voltage in AB, and then using cgminer to set clocks works fine.  I just wish cgminer could do everything and I would uninstall AB all together.

Trixx has been a complete POS for me.  I won't even consider reinstalling it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: