Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 11:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Envy miner V2  (Read 1889 times)
michel1977 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

Hi,

I'm happy to share with you the envy miner.

Here is a preview:

https://i.imgur.com/qHnIyXy.jpg

If you need any advice about this tool post below or PM me.

Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!g0ZHXJ5T!MyTqtriCQgGp2sfej4RDwYP7-AsSz084H6-wMnuWcPQ
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:02:14 PM

Obvious virus is obvious - not envious.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
michel1977 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:08:30 PM

Obvious virus is obvious - not envious.

Simply scan it... before say anything stupid...
Hope that another guy will scan it, review it THEN post his mind...
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:28:16 PM

I would recommend posting the full source code. Until then I and anyone else is going to recommend keeping this far off of any computer that has a digital currency wallet or credentials. It is simply not worth the risk.

The same can and is said about any direct executable download posted on this forum.

If you look through the forum you'll see plenty of posts just like yours. They usually get quickly deleted or buried in responses saying "do not download this".

If you'd like to avoid this and get folks using your software, post the source code.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
michel1977 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:31:38 PM

I would recommend posting the full source code. Until then I and anyone else is going to recommend keeping this far off of any computer that has a digital currency wallet or credentials. It is simply not worth the risk.

The same can and is said about any direct executable download posted on this forum.

If you look through the forum you'll see plenty of posts just like yours. They usually get quickly deleted or buried in responses saying "do not download this".

If you'd like to avoid this and get folks using your software, post the source code.

The problem is that i not have the source code.
This program as not been coded by me.
All that i can give you is a scan report.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:33:14 PM

Again - nobody is going to download this and I will continue to tell people not to.

Just because a virus scanner doesn't pick it up doesn't mean it should be trusted. The author could easily be diverting the hashing to his own pool at a small percentage just by using the built in features in BFGMiner and cgminer.

michel1977 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:39:35 PM

Again - nobody is going to download this and I will continue to tell people not to.

Just because a virus scanner doesn't pick it up doesn't mean it should be trusted. The author could easily be diverting the hashing to his own pool at a small percentage just by using the built in features in BFGMiner and cgminer.

I understand... Except that i don't have the source code then i can't modify it for redirect any percentage to my pool.
Well, hope this share will make happy someone
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

I understand... Except that i don't have the source code then i can't modify it for redirect any percentage to my pool.
Well, hope this share will make happy someone

Right, but whoever the author is could have done so. Nobody download anything you cannot look at the source for yourself. This could easily be stealing your hashrate or currency or any number of things.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: