Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official "OMG my wife is about to have a baby" Thread  (Read 1523 times)
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:55:10 PM

Anyday now, I will finally have my first born son.  Exciting!  Any recent dads out there, and if so, any tips?  I am excited, but worried about the future.  Trying to get a promotion at work, to make sure he never goes without. 

NOT A DONATION THREAD, just asking for tips in life, not btc or anything else.

Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:42:35 PM

Love him and care for him. Don't make mistakes your parents did.

TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:33:13 PM

Oh my!

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:35:12 PM

Oh my!

I can't buy mining equipment now, my space is going to be gone Sad

lol
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:37:24 PM

Once he is a bit older (toddler aged), make a commitment to be focused on him while he is awake.  Put away the phone, computer, TV, etc, and spend time with him.  You won't regret not having spent more time on the internet, but you WILL regret not having spent more time with your son.  If you need down time (I know I do), that's fine, just do it after the kids are put to bed.

I know this is something my wife and I have both struggled with, as it's so easy to be selfish with how you spend your time, and you find yourself with so little of it once you have kids.
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

Once he is a bit older (toddler aged), make a commitment to be focused on him while he is awake.  Put away the phone, computer, TV, etc, and spend time with him.  You won't regret not having spent more time on the internet, but you WILL regret not having spent more time with your son.  If you need down time (I know I do), that's fine, just do it after the kids are put to bed.

I know this is something my wife and I have both struggled with, as it's so easy to be selfish with how you spend your time, and you find yourself with so little of it once you have kids.

That is really good advice.  I should probably follow that advice with the wife too, might make her a little happier with me.
Uxlouf

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:55:41 PM

OMG, its time to hit the road! jk jk Grin
DrHerbSmoker

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:25:18 AM

my advice would be to make sure u dont make the same mistakes your parents did. and educate the kid on everything he should know dont let him go into the world without knowing what to do when he turns 18 and is off to college make sure he or she knows
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:29:18 AM

One day he will buy an ice cream for 0.00000074 btc and feel ripped off!
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:00:09 AM

Anyday now, I will finally have my first born son.  Exciting!  Any recent dads out there, and if so, any tips?  I am excited, but worried about the future.  Trying to get a promotion at work, to make sure he never goes without. 

Yes, breast feeding is better then formula milk... Smiley

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:04:42 AM

Yes, breast feeding is better then formula milk... Smiley

Yep, we are going to breast feed...well, she is Smiley
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:31:13 AM

Always keep in mind that this little human you created will one day be an adult and will have to live with the decisions they will make, teach him how to be a good person so he will never regrets his choices in life.

jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:44:58 AM

WOW!  name him Doge
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:34:05 AM

Your son (primarily) doesn't want your money. He wants your love and understanding. Forget the "never goes without" stuff. Kids get spoiled by parents that buy them everything and have to spend every hour at work to pay for it.

Spend time with him growing up, it is the most fulfilling thing you can possibly imagine Smiley

Finally, never forget dads are boys first hero. So be a good one for him.
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:08:43 AM

Your son (primarily) doesn't want your money. He wants your love and understanding. Forget the "never goes without" stuff. Kids get spoiled by parents that buy them everything and have to spend every hour at work to pay for it.

Spend time with him growing up, it is the most fulfilling thing you can possibly imagine Smiley

thats why i made this thread, for good things like this
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:18:30 AM

thats why i made this thread, for good things like this

cheers. My son was born 14 1/2 years ago, and I remember his birth like it was yesterday. Just bond with the young dude, and never let that bond break. There's a line by Ethan Hawke in one of the "Before Sunrise / Sunset" movies, where he talks about why he stayed with his wife even though the marriage was dead. It was something like "I'd go through any amount of pain to see my son grow up another day" .... something like that anyway.

That's how cool it is to see a son grow up Smiley
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:22:43 AM

WOW!  name him Doge

This dude names his son "Dogecoin" as the first name, I throw in 5 BTCs, but he has to prove it is legally his name.

Not happening, even for 500 btc.  Nope.  No way.  Never
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:36:54 AM

congrats
Localbtcbuyer (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:41:23 AM

WOW!  name him Doge

This dude names his son "Dogecoin" as the first name, I throw in 5 BTCs, but he has to prove it is legally his name.

Not happening, even for 500 btc.  Nope.  No way.  Never

Uhmmmmmmmm can't tell if this is a challenge or not?

Oh, you can throw numbers out.....but none are being accepted, short of enough btc to buy a house, 2 cars, and fund college.  Smiley
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:52:56 AM

Find something you love about your current life. 

Imagine staying out at night with friends, and sleeping into the afternoon. 
Imagine the peaceful tranquility of being at home with little to do and nothing but a sense of pure relaxation. 
Imagine being free with your worries and carefree about what the future may bring...

Now picture a little crying child that is soiling himself with grown-man shits four times a day making more messes than you can imagine and demanding way more work and dedication than you have been required of in your entire life. 
In a year or so he will grow into a whiny brat with no attention span who forces his wild, rampant energy upon everyone that surrounds him. 

It's a long and sometimes painful journey, my friend, but when you look into his eyes and he tells you "I love you" you won't give a shit about anything else in the world.

-Proud father of a three-year-old future menace to society
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: