Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:15:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: asus r9 280x dc2t fan speed problem.  (Read 1454 times)
apulunas (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:11:40 PM

recently i bought an asus r9 280x dc2t because i know it's a good one to mine. however i encountered a weird problem. my fan speed stay same no matter how much card heats. i tried everything possible, chaning slots, changing power cables, (my psu is 1000w 80+ bronze and i have 2 280x on rig, nothing else).

when i run the script everything starts fine, even cgminer reads heat, fan rpm etc, but when i check with my bare hands and listen to the fans, i hear no change in fan speed of dc2t and asus heats much more than vapor-x (elpida), though numbers are fine in cgminer (60 C heat) dc2t gets sick (probably shut down because it reached 90+ C). anyone else?
Kredence

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:06:23 AM

I manually turn up the speed on my fans to 72%. (bearing issue with one of them...which I just broke)
You can do this from the AMD Catalyst Control Center. There is a drop down on the left for Performance and then AMD OverDrive. You'll find the manual fan settings in there.
apulunas (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:44:05 AM

I manually turn up the speed on my fans to 72%. (bearing issue with one of them...which I just broke)
You can do this from the AMD Catalyst Control Center. There is a drop down on the left for Performance and then AMD OverDrive. You'll find the manual fan settings in there.

i did, i set fan speed to %80, however it didn't help. the lower side of card got too hot (upper side is cooler) and gpu0 got sick again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: