Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 03:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People call bitcoin a fraud or ponzi scheme  (Read 4442 times)
CoinsGazer

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:43:45 AM

The Ponzi scheme is a typical scam that uses new funds to secure the interests of the experienced investors and thus expands investment fraud funds. Obviously bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is a subject matter (you can understand it as a currency), and bitcoin is more like a bond, a contract. A bitcoin transaction is basically a transaction in which you buy a subject with money. You buy something. Although this thing has no real effect on you... but this is no longer in line with the definition of Ponzi scheme.
karisiak123

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:28:41 AM

people who say bitcoin is fraud or even ponzi and such ... it's better they learn first about bitcoin before they join ...
most of them don't understand and just follow ... most people are disappointed because they can't anticipate themselves ..

Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:31:40 AM
Merited by Sandijoee (1)

I don't understand why they say that? Maybe those who say that, don't like crypto bitcoin or other coins. Whereas the bitcon in my opinion is not according to what they say.
greg0rioo

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:43:55 AM

Bitcoin Scams?
If fraud is why many people in the world know about bitcoin, even some people in this world already use bitcoin. Smiley
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:50:07 AM

People who say like that might be disappointed with bitcoin or they don't like bitcoin. Maybe according to them it's definitely bitcoin can harm people. But I personally do not respond to things like this, because I still believe in bitcoin. Smiley
happistarjp

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:36:23 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme. It was never intended to scam or fool people, a lot of folks actually got a good ROI after investing to BTC. It just so happen that the market is a little shaky at the moment.
Angela28

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:40:10 AM

For those who have not heard yet and are not involved in bitcoin investments, they will think that bitcoin bitcoin fraud will not trust those who have invested in the bitcoin they will have the right idea about. bitcoin it's bitcoin not cheating
wildey

Activity: 1120
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:49:12 AM

People who say like that might be disappointed with bitcoin or they don't like bitcoin. Maybe according to them it's definitely bitcoin can harm people. But I personally do not respond to things like this, because I still believe in bitcoin. Smiley
yes, there are many people who call bitcoin like that, and I think it's normal, because they don't know what bitcoin is, and how it works. well, most of them only hear bitcoin from people who are also new to bitcoin, besides they don't learn how to develop bitcoin. so it's there

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Gogosialver

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:50:54 AM

Bitcoin has undergone regulations and is accepted by any structure. It is investment and people can earn money with it. With any kind of investments, you can lose your money. It does not mean that all investments are a Ponzi scheme.
mostpatientpp

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:26:03 AM

They must know that bitcoin is the first coin in crypto world. If it is a fraud or ponzi scheme, how can it survive and develop until now
Jerry White

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

The exchange isn't Ponzi, but the propaganda to promote cryptocurrencies is making them all work as Ponzi schemes. Stocks, and the like, have all been Ponzi schemes since the beginning of time. This is illegal in most countries, but they can hide behind an assigned name of a company making it appear as if you are buying something real, in exchange for your money.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:39:08 PM

people who say bitcoin is fraud or even ponzi and such ... it's better they learn first about bitcoin before they join ...
most of them don't understand and just follow ... most people are disappointed because they can't anticipate themselves ..
They can't take the risk, people who are not willing to take the challenge are those who keep saying that bitcoin is just a fraud or another type of ponzi where you will only lose your money, they didn't bother to analyze well or even try it by themselves, we should do some advocacy in order to let them realized that the system is useful if adoptions will took place, knowledge upon this will open their minds and change their belief.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:44:50 PM

Sutters, You can not know for sure, what was the motivation behind creating BTC.

No, but have you read the whitepaper and satoshi's postings on here? The model is spelled out in detail right there. It's obviously up to you whether you believe it or not, but I think if it was satoshi's idea to create a scam or ponzi from the get-go then he would have cashed out his coins by now and be enjoying his life as a billionaire on a beach somewhere whilst he shops for Lamborghinis. What else would he be waiting for? To become a trillionaire? I doubt it.

Not exactly. Satoshi could, in theory, have mortgaged his Bitcoins and might have taken cash for it. In such a case those bitcoins would have never made it into the open market and would still be held with the private or institutionalized lender that would have given out cash for those coins.

This could have been done without even moving the coins outside of their original wallets, just sell the private key, hard drive etc etc IMHO It'd would be quite disastrous if all those original coins are actually held by someone who's not the real Satoshi. Such an individual would be more interested in cashing out their coins at a future high point of the market - something which the real Satoshi may not choose to do so. Idealistically.

Are you actually being serious here? If we're going with crazy conspiracies then Satoshi, in theory, could be an alien or the NSA. What you've just proposed is crazy and based on nothing, but even if it was true it doesn't change anything. Swap satoshi for the current holder and then ask yourself why he/they haven't cashed out any yet. Because they've never moved I'm more inclined to believe they still belong to satoshi and he either has purposely abandoned them or is dead.
olarrtt

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:52:13 PM

we buy bitcoin for a profit, but the profit model is not a fraud or ponzi scheme. and bitcoin does not have such a concept.

anyone who says that bitcoin is a fraud and ponzi scheme, then he is a victim of a conspiracy in the world of crypto. FUD will not stop to make bitcoin fall and die.

so please fix again your assumption about bitcoin.

I quite agree with you, but some folks believe the manipulation of Bitcoin is what made it Ponzi reason being that the real purpose of it hasn't been showing.what is actually showing is buying ,trading, hodling and selling.
No real purpose yet made folks believe it's Ponzi. Educating them will help, don't give up.
Cheers
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:12:21 PM

Those who call $Bitcoin a ponzi know very little about ponzi schemes! The questions they asked at the time I was lured to  ponzi schemes where I lost so much money were; Where is the interest coming from? and What is the place of the funders in the whole structure? And I answered; Banks are ponzi schemes do you know that? You deposit your money with a bank, and they loan it out to someone else, while you never benefit from the interest on your money! Ponzi scheme's are pyramid schemes where you take from Mr. A and Give to Mr. B.Yes that's how they work and the banks aren't any different! The only difference between banks and other ponzi schemes is that banks are ponzis backed by the Government laws. Money just changes hands! $Bitcoin however is a comodity, that is subjected to economic laws of supply and demand! only impatient people lose money here; because everyone has the opportunity to make money! If I buy one bitcoin today at say $100000 and price falls to $10 technically I haven't lost, I lose only when I sell it at $10, If I am patient enough, someone gets to buy it from me tomorrow at $105,000 I have made a profit haven't I? Banks like ponzi schemes don't have a commodity to sell, they only transfer Mr. X's money to Mr. Y, $Bitcoin is comodity money that's why it isn't a ponzi. if the demand increases with its limited supply, it is only normal that price will go up and vice versa.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:37:33 PM

Ponzi or fraud as either a scheme or name it,bitcoin is on its own,its world, words,uses,technology, except you have little experience about it,you can't name it..
Bubblestonemax

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:44:52 PM

The ones that call bitcoin scam or ponzi schemes are those people that do not know what bitcoin entails and what it is all about. They are yet to get a full understanding of what bitcoin is all about
cryptorelax

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:28:01 PM

Chinese police detained the head of OKcoin and OKEx
Gozmoc

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:35:45 PM

Well, they are right, because they are judging it to the extent they know or understand, that's their perspective, as time goes on, they will begin to know better.
melina152

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:39:10 PM

On which purposes bitcoin will be use it depends on its users .If you use bitcoin for fraud or ponzi scheme than bitcoin like that but my question, is not using physical money for fraud or ponzi?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: